[Mod] D2 Classes aka Noble Paladin

Really enjoying the mod so far, DenisMashutikov. Thanks for bringing the nostalgia to GD! :smiley:

A couple of things I’ve noticed, keeping in mind that I always start new characters on Veteran difficulty:

• Several classes starter skills seem really weak. They barely do any damage even with a good chunk of points invested.
  • Sorceress: Ice Bolt, Charged Bolt, Fire Bolt
  • Necromancer: Teeth
  • Assassin: Fire Blast
  • Amazon: Magic Arrow
  • Minor note, the Amazon’s Magic Arrow in D2 does slowly descend in cost, but I don’t think it requires a full 20 point investment to reduce the energy cost to zero.

• The Sorceress’ Lightning skill has the same problem as the Assassin’s sentries had, I think. It’s the same visual effect and the projectile often stops short of the target, even when there isn’t any obvious scenery with which to collide.

• The Assassin’s Blade Fury skill does this weird thing where sometimes it hits for 75% weapon damage and sometimes it doesn’t. It kinda looks like it does either 75% weapon damage OR the physical damage attribute, as opposed to doing 75% weapon damage PLUS the physical damage attribute.

Thanks.

1. I’ll review most skills with Global ballance
  2. I can’t cet negative or fractional energy cost value for skills, but i can shift energy cost to 0 on 13th level.
  3. Lightning will be fixed
  4. I haven’t seen that, probably phys dmg reduced by enemies armor.

I do see that the sorceresses frozen orb is a bit op.

Since you can control where it casts, 24 piercing ice bolts going through a champion clears screens out pretty quickly.

Mod in Global Ballance stage now. Your comment registerd.

This mod doesn’t seem to be working for me. When going to pick a class it is all the original classes with a slightly messed up menu.

Are You sure, you install it correctly? Maybe you rename files or folders?

Seems to be the new update. None of the custom mastery mods are working for me. Most everything else does, however.

Fooled around with a trainer to checkout the skills, just some thoughts

Feral rage ls buff doesn’t seem to work (as buff) on other skills and it doesn’t build up
Amazon’s pierce doesn’t work properly (at least on strafe and multishot, not sure what should be expected). It works on melee too… I’ve binded a devotion to it and it procs on melee attacks.
Leap attack no cd, on dual wield 2x550% weapon damage aoe, op stuff lol. Charge has no cd too
Phoenix strike has absurd flat damage
Cannot remove skill point from zeal when respeccing
A lot of early level caster spells are really lackluster

I’ll also chime in on your balance thoughts. In general I don’t know if the balance should be based on vanilla GD or not. And also, I am not a experienced D2 player. Please disregard if I make wrong assumptions or whatever

• Maximum levels, I don’t think that should be the priority right now
  • new damage types and resists, I think it depends on the damage types in Reign of Terror or what this MOD is planned to be based on. If its for vanilla GD, then to support all the items/affixes (or in the other sense if the enemy can deal chaos damage then I should too mindset) perhaps new damage types should be introduced. Otherwise I don’t think it has to be as complicated as GD.
  • Branch dependency - I don’t think you need 1 point openers I don’t see the point in them. The problem is that a lot of attack skills feels useless past level 20 once you have enough mastery to get the strictly better skill deeper down the branch. This doesn’t happen in GD as within a mastery as there really isn’t a “strictly” better skill. Diablo fixes this by giving bonuses to other skills. It will be difficult to find the balance between multiple skills vs skill-modifier.
  • Feet vs Meter… It should be relative to the screen size I think http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Yards Yeah I think the range/radius could be increased for a bit (except auras)

Paladin
-Auras, sure
-Might branch, I think for casters Concentration and blessed aim might be a better aura. For the concentration transmutor what would it do? Single aura sounds good. Something like Might: % damage, blessed: OA, concentration: uninterrupt chance (and + somethingelse), Fanaticsm: +speed
The problem is that GD players don’t switch auras… The use cases for different auras don’t really apply to GD (vigor redemption sancturary etc.)
Vengeance, tbh the +% elemental damage is really not awarding (more on this on berserk)

Sorceress
Yes to all

Assassin
I think having 2 pets is pretty cool, maybe leave it as it is
Haven’t tried the traps
Not even sure if you can implement finishing move properly in GD

Barbarian
-passives play a huge role when dual classing, I think more passives needs to be added if you want to consider dual classing
-yes
-yes
-I’d say include DA, maybe -25% DA -50% armour… I feel +375% aether damage doesn’t really cut it.
For example in late game GD an aether battlemage usually has at least +800% aether damage, a 200% weapon damage skill will effectively do 2*8 = 16 times the base damage. While another +375% -> 11.375 times the base damage. This is why weapon damage and flat damage are usually more preferred than + %damage, unless %damage will be difficult to get in Reign of Terror.

Necromancer
Haven’t tried it

Amazon
-sure
-sure

Druid
-uhm I don’t think it changes much
-Never played any pet/summon characters
-yes I like how it works

Thanks for feedback
I’m already work on the global balance. Many skills revised. Ballance adapts to vanilla GD.
1st Iteration technical version complete 5/7 classes.
Some skills revorked to skill-modifier.

Global Balance 1st Iteration

v0.8.1
Yandex.Disk or GoogleDrive

Changelog:
General

• Revised many skills damage, bonuses, manacost.
  • Revised some skills maximum/Ultimate ranks value.

Paladin

• General revision Đ° auras.
  • Zeal revorked (again) now it have autocast additional WPS
  • Sacrifice revorked now it propertly deal 8% selfdamage

Barbarian

• Battle Cry became modifier of Shout
  • Weapon passives now grants Phys/Pierce/Bleed/Trauma bonuses instead of All Damage
  • Iron skin: armor absorption added

Sorceress

• Shiver and Chilling armor became Frozen armor modifier
  • Ice Blast and Glacial Spike became modifier of Ice Bolt
  • Fire ball became modifier of Fire Bolt

Amazon

• Exploding and Immolation arrow became Fire arrow modifier
  • Ice and Freezing arrow became Ice arrow modifier
  • Plague javeline became poison javeline modifier
  • Lightning Fury became Lightning bolt modifier
  • Charged Strike became Power strike modifier

Assassin

• Shadowmaster became Shadow warrior modifier
  • Death Sentry became Lightning Sentry modifier
  • All Sentry summon limit now scales with level up to 5 by max Ultimate rank

Necromancer

• Weaken, Decrepify and Lower resist became Amplify damage modifier
  • Confuse became Dim Vision modifier
  • Skeleton and Skeleton mage summon limit now scales up to 5 by max ultimate rank
  • Revived Monster summon limit now scales up to 5 by max Ultimate rank. Summon time scales with rank
  • Golems branch revorked: now it have 3 “synergy” modifiers and 3 summon transmuters

Druid

• Fury now have autocast additional attack
  • Torrent template changes to Projectile
  • Heart of Wolverine and Spirit of Barbs became Oak Sage modifiers
    [li]Spirit and Dire wolf model replaced by TQ version[/li]
  • Wolves and Bear branch revorked: now it have 2 “synergy” modifiers and 2 summon transmuters.
  • Wolves and Bear summon limit scales up to 5 by max Ultimate rank

Downloading right now, but I have one question.

Why is Amazon named “Rogue” in class select window?

Because it gender dependent.
There is two classes: Sorcerer/Sorceress and Rogue/Amazon.

Fair enough.

Briefly tested the newest version and found this:

Druid:

• Spirit wolves are larger and also deal more damage than Dire wolves (should be opposite imo), with all pet passives maxed out, Spirit wolves deal around 250 dmg per hit while Dire wolves only 25 and just for comparison: Bear with the same setup deals over 3000 dmg per hit.

Also, summon limit is 2 at rank 12/12, not sure if this was intended.

Fixed Dire Wolf rank scaling. It’s my typical mistake assign only one parameter in PetChanges array.

Unfortunately i can’t control summon limit without additional modifiers. So still is that.

Stay while and listen!

Since I have few feedbacks and the first part of the iteration, most of the skills have been revised, I’m releasing the 2nd iteration as the main version for further testing.

Global Balance 2nd Iteration

v0.8.2

Changelog:
General

• Revised many skills damage, bonuses, manacost. (Include not described masteries below)
  • All skills now have same Maximum/Ultimate ranks value relevant to vanilla.
  • Several new skill effects
  • Replaced some fonts (Alike Exocet)
  • Replaced some skill sound effects (From original D2)

Paladin

• All auras have 20m maximum radius , 225 energy reserved. (Probably energy reserve scaling will be returned later)
  • The Actually Final Form of the Zeal :smiley:
  • Holy Fire/Freeze/Shock average damage aligned

Barbarian

• Stun became modifier of Bash
  • Frenzy and Concentrate revorked for 3 charge levels

Sorceress

• Fire bolt, Ice bolt and 3 Lightning spells damage revised

Assassin

• Charging skills revised

Awesome, thank you for making my life easier :wink:

Edit:

Starting to like where this is going. Feedback from a brief testing below.

Necromancer

• Iron Golem doesn’t cast his reflect aura
  • 2+ points in Clay Golem spawns Shadow Warrior (Assasin) instead of the golem

Didn’t find anything else apart from some missing skill sounds / effects.

berserk doesn’t work correctly, you can test this by attacking a dummy.
The buff isn’t applied to the skill itself (or it’s overriding it causing it to be ineffective?). You have to use ANOTHER skill in order to have the buff applied to the character’s attacks.

Golems Fixed
Some skills have not sound or have default sound from.
Some D2 sounds doesn’t fit to GD: Male only Barbarian warcries, female only Assasin and Amazon shouts, Bow shots sounds e.t.c

Aether bonus moved from main skill to autocast and now it applies to itself.
None of the templates not allow simultaneous self buff and damage conversion, so anyway require combination of skill with autocast.

Also, at this stage I expect more balanced proposals

Global Balance 2nd Iteration

v0.8.2b

Current version will be integrated into near Reign of Terror mod public test version

Changelog:
Removed most skill dependancy and most coresponding links
Variety minor skill changes

i cannot hit anything with lighting skills of sorcerers in putrid den cave. please test it.