[Mod] Diablo 1 - The Return

So far so good! Really does need that music though XD but even without it I’m getting that nostalgia feeling. It’d be cool to see this expand into the 2nd game as well someday then as you follow the quest you could come back and get Wirts leg! Also, cool thing is we’ve basically got all of Diablo 1’s mobs in game already! Demons, skeletons, a troll to be the Butcher, one of those fiends all sized up to be the Lord of Terror himself and you’re golden! Alsox2, that water reminds me of the mana orbs and makes me want a port of the Diablo hud for Titans Quest.

Ya man I know! I need to get ahold of blizzard to ask if I can use that music, I dont want to get my head chopped off legally because I ripped them off haha

I already have D2 music and some sound effects in my mod. Used an mpq editor to get the sound files and then converted the wav files to ogg files (or whatever they use in GD).

Unless you try to gain money from your mod it should be fine to do imo.

The D1/D2 music themes are also easy to get on the net as mp3 files. Hearing the Tristram theme right now -pure goose pimples every time again. :slight_smile:

Their policy allows you to use the models/sounds and other content if it is not a commercial mod.

That’s not correct, only if you create a mod for a Blizzard Game.
If you want safeness you have to write a letter at blizzard france.
The support cannot answer you this question because that’s something for there legal department.

No matter, Good luck for your mod 1less1 :wink:

Someone has been asking them on forums while taking models to the Second Life. Support told him that it is allowed, so I guess… You are right that they might not know that, but he quoted EULA and some other stuff, probably its ok.

I never played Diablo but roamed around for a few, good job!

In my opinion, is non-commercial purposes here not entirely truth.
The mod itself is non-commercial, but Grim Dawn is it not.
If i want to play the mod, that contains blizzard trademarks i have to buy grim dawn. And this could be problematic.

And exactly this was the answer from blizzard, and i wrote them about using their stuff in my mods.

And the EULA is here unclear, because the main section is for producing videos, mods are not explicitly mentioned.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, i want only say, its not a so clear as you think.

In-Game pictures now up guys for anyone who hasn’t had the chance to actually download the mod and explore yourself! This is just a small taste of all the detail that is in this world but I hope this will suffice for now! More to come later!

This is looking good.
Hope that you will find some help here.

That’s amazing i love Diablo 1 ! i think you are in the good way but the lightning are too “red” for me and i think the global feeling is too … “gore” the orginal is more dark and mysterious i think but it is just my opinion i hope you finish the mod i will gladly play it !

ps: sorry for my english i’m French

…This is great…anyone up to make a Zelda edition?

All feed back is great, I appreciate the opinion. I had a very very hard time emulating the color palate of Diablo 1 just because the graphics were in a lower bit rate than Grim Dawn. It was hard to make it look dark without it making it look very flat. So I made a middle road decision and made the environment a little more on the sinister edge, making the red similar to the light coming out of the original cathedral. Making the ground more red than the surroundings gave that feeling of something sinister is brewing below this town

If it hasn’t been done by the time I finish Zenith and Cornucopia, sure.

Thank for the answer i will patiently wait my favorit butcher !

The Butcher is going to be scary as shit, I promise haha

ahhh, fresh meat

please for the love of RNGesus call it something else. or at least say it was “inspired by” and not “is” a recreation of a zelda game. nintendo is really good (bad?) about smacking down fan creations (japanese dev mentality)

Still looking for a few extra hands to take this on with me. I’m trying my best but it’s a lot