[Mod] Diablo 1 - The Return

Thanks for all your hard work

Thumbs upā€¦ Hope someone can see this thread and give you a hand.

I really like your mod. Thanks for your hard work. It reminds me of the good old times. Canā€™t wait to see it more :smiley:

Sorry for my English !

Posting here just to make sure this thread doesnā€™t loose popularity

Posting to keep this alive

beeeerrrmmmp

anyways. when you finish this can I make a DAIL merge version sir?

Seeing your post fills me with hope that others are paying attention to this. i donā€™t want the OP to get discouraged and abandon it.

I saw he made more dungeon from the last live stream. Hope we can see more of that.

hells yeah lol

awesome. ive been busy and unable to watch his streams lately.

borg-gasm activated.

Well I have taken a slight hiatis from actually working on the mod. I was going so hard on it for a while I got myself burnt out, but I will finish this. I canā€™t let something with this much work into it not get finished haha

Glad to hear. Looking forward to it

so am i

/10char

Awesome mod, thank you very much bro! Those D1 days are golden in my memory.

Itā€™s great to see people bringing back the origins of this genre.
Diablo is one of my all-time favorite games.
JJ

Bumping this to make sure it stays alive

Unfortunately, I think he fell victim to what most people do when they undertake a huge project themselves.

I followed him on Twitch for quite some time and I havenā€™t seen a single stream of this mod anymore, therefore, Iā€™d say it is abandoned until he gives the final confirmation.

Once the final rush of excitement starts to fade and reality sets in on how much work something like this is, itā€™s hard to continue and I have a feeling thatā€™s what happened here.

If this is the case, thatā€™s unfortunate because I could see a lot of people waiting for this.

Yep, it would be nice to see though. The art assets and engine seem like it would be prime for the effort if some peoples attempted it. In the mean time anyway, check out Diablo 1 HD mod to see what a wicked programmer did to breathe new life into the game that set the standard. It is quite a unique experience.

Attempting to make a mod based on another game/franchise would surely be difficult.

Changing enemies/itemization/masteryā€™s to fit that game along with the level design/quests and so on can probably feel like an insurmountable challenge in attempting to make alone.

Itā€™s doable but it takes so loooooooooooooong to make.

Anyway, guys donā€™t lose your hope, I have something coming up (going to anounce it in a week or two) so hang in there!

This was a big surprise Ram. I appreciate your work on >Diablo 2: Reign of Terror< so much. It looks like a one on one copy of D2 in much better graphics. You are a very talented modder. If you are not completely demotivated in a few monthafter developing D2 I would love the same for D1. I know, its unlikely to happen but stillā€¦ :wink: