[MOD] Diablo 3 Classes + Blood Knight: Patch 4.9 Released

Thank you, Grimer. Keep up the great work. Grim Scythe is such a beautiful skill, by the way. A very belated “thank you” for adding melee to the D3 Necro. :slight_smile: So many great options combing this skill with other classes as well.

Thanks. Good luck on finding the Mythical Grace of Inarius set then, since it’s for the Meleemancer build. I hope the bone tornado is working properly tho.

Note: Little correction, Zunimassa’s Haunt does not grant 3% damage absorption for each Fetish Warrior alive, not in this patch at least.

Something very strange with cyclone strike : trying to cast it with the base weapon mace from the begining (or other one handed axe weapon) freeze the character and prevent the skill from casting (but it works with other weapons).

About the land of the dead, it is the ultimate skill for necromancer like Archon for Wizard or Epiphany for Monk, I think it should be instant cast like the other classes to be on the same level.

PS : My build around Archon CDR is dead but it’s true it was quite OP.

Thanks for the report, Okami. There was a mistyped .anm for 1h weapons indeed. LotD instant cast fixed. I think Archon is still OP with the new bonus for all resistances.

Tal Rasha chest (Relentless Pursuit) is missing it’s texture in game
Grace of Inarius Set tag name description missing : tagnot found tagitemsetD315Desc

yep, I noticed the Inarius set description already (the name of pieces hasn’t changed as well), thanks for the Tal Rasha’s issue tho.

Thx for the update.

Why have the D3 non-set items been removed tho ?
D3 items don’t seem to drop often already.

Some suggestions :
Slow time could reduce projectile speed to make it feel like the original Diablo 3 spell (however the way the engine works it would only reduce the speed of projectile launched from monsters affected by slow time).

I never played pet builds , but shouldn’t they always scale with player stats ?The Crusador Phalanx skill doesn’t have it,I don’t know if it’s on purpose.

Patch 2.1 was reuploaded with some bug fixes and buffs to Crusader skills. Download here.

Link on the main page and nexusmods updated.

Changelog:

[spoiler]

Patch 2.1 (Update 1):

[ul]
[li]Fixed an issue causing the game to crash when casting Cyclone Strike with 1h melee weapons.[/li]
[li]Fixed an issue with the FX effect of the Leech’s aether version granted by Mythical Inarius’s Conviction.[/li]
[li]Fixed missing textures from Tal Rasha’s Rentless Pursuit.[/li]
[li]Changed the name of every piece of the Grace of Inarius set. Fixed the missing set description.[/li]
[li]Added instant cast to Land of the Dead.[/li]
[li]Breath of Heaven’s cooldown time changed to 12 seconds at all ranks. Radius increased by 3.0 at all ranks.[/li]
[li]Land of the Dead cooldown time reduced from 40 to 32 seconds. Added energy cost (80-168).[/li]
[li]Mythical Grace of Inarius now adds 50 total enemy’s resistance reduction to Bone Armor.[/li]
[li]Added 10-120% physical damage to Crush.[/li]
[li]Guard: Added 1-12% physical resistance. Bonus health regeneration removed.[/li]
[li]Punish: Weapon damage increased from 60-150% to 100-175%. Physical damage increased from 8-68 to 10-85.[/li]
[li]Added 4-15% shield recovery time to Hardened Senses.[/li]
[li]Rebirth: Bonus health regeneration reduced by 50% at all ranks. Restored health reduced from 10-35% to 8-30%.[/li]
[li]Justice: Weapon damage increased from 10-40% to 100-130%. Physical damage reduced from 25-175 to 9-54.[/li]
[li]Burst: Electrocute damage reduced from 16-126 to 8-96. Chance to stun increased from 4-15 to 8-20%. Stun duration increased from 1.5 to 2.0 seconds.[/li]
[li]Crack: Physical damage increased by 10 at all levels.[/li]
[li]Indestructible: Cooldown time changed from 45-40 to 50-40 seconds. Added ultimate levels (40-30 seconds). Added maximum resistance to control impairing effects.[/li]
[li]Bombardment: Flat enemy’s physical resistance reduction removed. Added 6-50% reduction to enemy’s physical resistance.[/li]
[li]Removed the stun effect (not intended) from Blessed Hammer.[/li]
[li]Akarat’s Champion: Added maximum resistance to control impairing effects.[/li]
[li]Armor of Akkhan also adds 50% cooldown reduction to Akarat’s Champion.[/li]
[li]Added cold resistance to Swampland Attunement (Pierce the Veil’s rank 12).[/li]
[li]Slow effect from Chilled to the Bone increased from 25-40% to 30-50%.[/li]
[li]Burning Dogs: Radius reduced from 4.0 to 2.5. Burn damage increased from 18-84 to 22-110 over 3 seconds.[/li]
[/ul][/spoiler]

Hy where are those items ???

Someday it will be done.

I can make you some of this stones if you want )))

As a HC player, I appreciate this. However, I was wondering if you should consider adding ultimate rank/level to each “cheat-death” passives? For example, I consider these skills one point wonders. Now, as a hardcore player, if you added ultimate levels to these skills I would probably max them, depending on the bonus, of course.

Keep working, Grimer. We appreciate your hard work. I was also sort of hoping you would take up GrandMoffDima on his offer, so that we can finally get these D3 gems into the game :slight_smile: Hopefully we’ll get teased with some new screenshots… :smiley:

One last thing, and I know this is more than long shot, but here goes anyway. Is there anyway to incorporate a Treasure Goblin mechanic into Grim Dawn? I’m certain there is not based on the engine, but hey, can’t hurt to ask. :slight_smile:

Maybe I’ll make these minor things after all upcoming work.

About legendary gems, there’s something I need to do first:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D so excite!

Crusader
Laws of Justice: Elemental resistance removed. Added 8-25% chaos resistance.
Laws of Hope: %damage absorption removed. Added 48-400 flat damage absorption.

Monk
Harmony: Removed the bonus physical resistance.
Mantra of Healing: Bonus health regeneration reduced from 200-300% to 18-90%. Damage absorption reduced from 10-25% to 5-20%. Bonus maximum health from Heavenly Body increased from 15 to 25%.

Welp. Hardcore just got… hard.

Overall, the work on 2.2 is looking good, Grimer. Keep at it! :wink:

edit: err. meant 2.2

I have noticed you nerfed the Crusader Laws, Monk’s Mantras, and even Bone Armor. What led you to make these decisions? (As a HC player, these changes are of great interest to me:p) I am also curious (as you are a modder) on how you test and implement changes. For example, is it purely math or do you rely more on in-game play testing?

Frost Scythe: Damage reduction decreased from 20% to 15%.

This is interesting because I have been wondering about this myself as I specced into it. I have been playing my melee necro exclusively this past three weeks and have been thinking is the 25% chance to freeze +convert to cold dmg worth 20% reduction in damage? So far I am leaning towards “No”, but it does depend highly on gear. However, I am barely level 50 so I have a lot more play time (God forbid I don’t die as I’m playing HC). I am glad you made this change. What has testing revealed to cause you to make this decision? TIA, Grimer. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Ziyon;639605]I have noticed you nerfed the Crusader Laws, Monk’s Mantras, and even Bone Armor. What led you to make these decisions? (As a HC player, these changes are of great interest to me:p) I am also curious (as you are a modder) on how you test and implement changes. For example, is it purely math or do you rely more on in-game play testing?

The health regen and physical resistance and were rebalanced based on values of vanilla skills. No testing.

20% was too much to Frost Scythe, not to Frost Orb though.

The health regen and physical resistance were rebalanced based on values of vanilla skills. No testing.

20% was too much to Frost Scythe, just a thought.

I must say, I am mildly disappointed. :p:p I imagined you furiously scribbling down mathematical formula’s and taking breaks to type data into excel to fine tune your ‘Diablo universe’. I also picture at least three monitors displaying Grim Dawn with various versions of your mod running on them. :smiley:

However, you have done a great job thus far. I guess I should speak up if I find something that seems ‘out of whack’. It is actually a bit surprising how fine tuned your numbers seem to be with what seems to be an admission of only little in-game testing and no rigorous mathematics.

O, btw… This 2.2 patch seems less appealing to me due to nerfs and I am tempted skip it until more items are added. :o I am such a wimp! :o I see you have added some plans and reworked some sets, though. :cool: