[MOD] Diablo 3 Classes + Blood Knight: Patch 4.9 Released

vir’s guantlet is normally equipped. But it is displayed in the game with chest armor.

Sorry, here is the link to fix it: Vyr’s Hotfix

I hadn’t realized that both the Pestilence Set and Vyr’s Set were both very recent releases - I haven’t played Grimarillion since FG was released, so I’m getting adjusted to all the releases since then.

I have full builds ready for the above sets + the Barbarian’s Immortal King Set - is there anything you’d like for me to showcase when I add them to my Compendium? Is the Immortal King Set supposed to have 6 pieces where you can mix and match 5 of the pieces to obtain the full set bonuses? I want to make sure that what I’m building is what players can realistically obtain.

Thank you for the continuous support, updates, and additional items. There’s a wealth of possibility with these classes and I’d like to show what’s possible.

Yes, absolutely.I designed it this way to allow more build possibilities, allowing the player to swap one piece of the set for a non set items increase build diversity.

I don’t know how different playing just the Diablo 3 mod is from playing Grimarillion, but let’s just say Immortal King Barbarian, with the freedom to pick and choose how to complete the set, is stupidly strong. Then again, a 22/12 + 20/10 skill where almost all of your damage in converted to a single type should be very strong.

It reminds me of the old Zunimassa set back when it gave you +2 to Witch Doctor skills and allowed you to make the most of the Witch Doctor. It was a ton of fun before the set got completely gutted and now it’s nearly impossible to use all the Witch Doctor skills you need. Hopefully Barbarian can continue being strong, even if some of its skills can afford some down-tuning.

It will be the first build I try in Grimarillion Shattered Realms. I can’t wait to try the new mod-exclusive bosses the team put there.

@Grimer Here it is. The Black Wizard in DoM!

2 Likes

Is it just me that when summoning Zombie Dogs, I can’t see them even when the icons of the dogs are shown on the top left corner of the screen?

Does the mod have any issues with the recent 1.1.6.0 update?

Thanks for the amazing mod! Does Blessed hammer trigger WPS?

No, it doesn’t. With Crusader, only Punish does.

Hi there! Ive been playing this with Grimarillion, and alsoloving the mod as DH was my main in D3 and i enjoy it immensely in this, but had a question regarding DH. Does Hungering Shot count as a Default Attack for the DH skill lines so that it triggers other passives?

Yes, it does.

I had the misfortune of finding this guy in the small boss room. There is no safety from this guy. When I enter the portal, I either get the meteor attacks a few seconds after I enter the room, or he rushes me and OHKOs me before I can focus on the other THREE bosses ahead of me. I wanted to have the chance to beat down the other Nemeses (Fabius, Valderan, and a Griffon boss that summoned a lot of adds) and fight him one-on-one, but he would always aggro no matter where in the room I was.

This wasn’t one of my memier builds, either. This was a full-set pet build with the highest DPS out of any of my pet builds. If there was any build capable of winning in a fair fight, it would have been this one. Sadly, this is a problem with regular Grim Dawn too where you get a face full of Grava’s Nullify projectile before you could orient yourself to battle.

After about 30-40 deaths, I gave up. I never could remember where the traps were (I didn’t even realize they were traps until I found this post) and I had a few too many Valderan teleports into OHKOs before I realized I wasn’t beating down any of them before Diablo comes to wreck me. Why are small boss rooms with no safe zones a thing?

I know multiple players were able to kill Diablo, if you want to try and see if it’s a fair fight in a normal room, you can summon it with the command :
game.spawn “records/x1_diablo/creatures/enemies/boss/diablo01.dbr”
It’s true that this boss mecanisms are more suited to a big room allowing you to avoid it’s meteors.

For the traps you can see in this video at 6s and 26s Diablo raises his arms to the sky while some FX effect appears on his hands and 3 black areas appears on the ground, walking on them after 2,5 s will trigger the bone prison.

Good news: I was able to beat the Diablo boss! Not with the pet build I described above, but with a Wizard with the Vyr’s Astonishing Aura set. Note, it’s impossible to beat Diablo with pet builds if the Meteors heal him for 5% each; most pet builds use sets or items that allow you to summon multiple numbers of them, but the Cooldown is still the same; meaning that if you were to unsummon pets, it would take 15+ seconds to summon the second pet which is more than enough time for Diablo to use the Meteor ability again, so your pet DPS is tanked if you have to fight him this way.

This time, I fought him in the large SR room; it’s absolutely necessary there because I was able to aggro the other bosses and beat them down first before fighting him 1v1. It helped that the Vyr’s Set is nearly a perfect counter to all of Diablo’s tricks, the disrupt resistance being the most useful as I could focus on damaging him without having to run every few hits.

Now to report some bugs and under-performing stuff:

• Nearly half of the Diablo 3 Mythical Epic (blue) items have the Armor values of the normal / empowered versions. This is the biggest bug and needs to be fixed.
  • The Necromancer Pestilence Set - especially compared to the Vyr’s Set that came out right with it - is awful. The skill bonuses are too spread out, there’s no +1 to Necro skills, and it’s a major skill point hog to maximize both Bone Spear + Death Nova (especially if you want to use Corpse Explosion alongside with it, where the damage is mediocre considering it’s an On-Death skill only).
  • I’m nearly positive that the Skeletal Mages summoned with the set don’t actually do anything. I see them moving towards me, but I don’t see any casting abilities, I don’t see any new visual attacks, I don’t see any damage increase having them.
  • I know that I have a good build with the Zunimassa’s Set, but why is that the only set that has +1 to Witch Doctor Skills while the other sets have +2? I’m okay either way, but please, please, there is way too much Cold + Vitality resistance on the set. Please remove these resistances on one of the set pieces and give the piece a different resistance. I have over 100% Overcap on both these resistances without even trying.

Old sets are being reworked for next patch (coincidentally, Zunimassa’s is the only one left to be redone)

Yep, skill points are messy indeed, gonna check it. And following the GD standards, 4-pieces legendary sets don’t grant +1 to all class skills.

i’m currently running with multishot DH but i don’t have idea which class will fit
Can someone give me suggestion for a build?

I can confirm that the Pestilence Set is flawed.

Here are my points what’s wrong with it:

1. Summoned Skeletones do not attack enemies at all.

2. This set gives skill bonuses to the Bone Spear, but does not buff the spell itself at all.

My suggestions are:

1. Remove the support of the Death Nova from the Pestilence set, replace it with the Bone Spirit.

2. Move 100% Pierce damage converted to Acid damage to gloves, add 8% of damage dealt by the Bone Spear converted to Health to the complete set;

3. Add +1 Bone Spirit summon limit to the complete set;

4. Add 30% Elemental damage converted to Acid damage to the chest armor and 30% Vitality damage converted to Acid damage to the head armor.

5. Add 100% Cold damage converted to Acid damage and 40% weapon damage to the Corpse Explosion to the complete set.

6. Summoned Skeleton Mages should work properly.

I’ve reworked it already and… You guessed it right lol except for the modifier for ‘corpse explosion’ cuz is not possible.

→ No support for Death Nova (some weapons already do that)
→ +1 summon limit and 8 seconds duration to Bone Spirit
→ -% Poison res | cold converted to poison to Decrepify
→ Bone Spear bonuses are the same.

Note: The poison mages aren’t working in Grimarillion. If you played it on Dawn of Masteries or Standalone version, let me know.

I tested the set in Grimarillion.