[MOD] Diablo 3 Classes + Blood Knight: Patch 4.9 Released

I guess I didn’t look at the set too closely, because the +1 to Necromancer skills is already on the helmet, lol. The cold converted to poison and additional RR to Decrepify is already the helmet modifier. I had found Corpse Explosion underwhelming at 12/12, even with Bone Spear and Death Nova both proccing it on death, so taking the points from Death Nova and Corpse Explosion will help the skill-point requirements by putting the points in Bone Spirit and overcapping Bone Spear.

I happened to like Death Nova a lot because the large DoT component was really good while positioning for optimal Bone Spear usage. Hopefully the bonuses to Bone Spear / Bone Spirit will outpace the loss of using Death Nova.

I would like to write some of my suggestions about Wizard’s sets.

Vyr’s Amazing Arcana set

For some reason, Vyr’s gloves give you a movement speed bonus. It is completely unnecessary because the Wizard does not suffer from low speed (with +total speed from Magic Weapon, + movement speed from boots, devotions, and components you can easily have ~130% movement speed). I suggest to replace it with a casting speed bonus.

Tal Rasha’s Elements

I suggest changing bonuses to Meteor. Right now, the off-hand provides you with a very powerful proc “Arcane Skyshard”, which reduces enemy elemental resistances by flat 25 points. After completing the whole set, Meteor will do the same. I suggest to replace that bonus with “30% weapon damage to Meteor”.

Fixed. Thanks, it was not intended.

Tal Rasha’s set is getting a rework. Now it has 3 proc meteors like in D3, one for each elemental damage and the modifiers will be these ones:

Head modifier - Magic Missile : 85 elemental damage | 30% chance of reducing target’s DA by 150 for 3 seconds.
Head modifier - Blizzard : 70 Cold damage | 80 frostburn damage over 2 seconds.
Focus modifier - Meteor : 40 elemental damage | +1 projectile | 100% physical damage converted to Elemental.
Set modifier - Meteor : Damage converted to Elemental and increased by 120% | 3 seconds cooldown | 25 reduced target’s resistances.
Set modifier - Blizzard : Cold damage converted to Elemental | +3 seconds duration.

Another suggestion that I would like to make is the upgrade of the Unstable Scepter. In the next version of the mod, Arcane Orb will lose item support, and so I suggest to introduce these changes to the Scepter.

Unstable Scepter

Legendary One-Handed Scepter.

Requires Player level: 94.
Requires Physique: 495.
Requires Spirit: 495.

Damage: 27 Fire, 27 Lightning, 27 Cold.

Increase Elemental damage by +290%.
Increase Elemental DOTs (Burn, Frostburn, Electrocute) by +145%
+58 Offensive Ability.
+4 Energy regenerated per second.
Casting Speed bonus: +18%.
Cooldown Reduction: -4%.
+2 to Arcane Orb.
+2 to Unstable Anomaly.
+1 to Wizard.
30% Weapon Damage to Arcane Orb.
-2 seconds skill recharge to Unstable Anomaly.
12% Health restored to Unstable Anomaly.

• Gesture of Orpheus:
    Added → +3 to Arcane Orb | +3 to Mantra of Conviction | +1 to all Wizard skills.
    Removed → +2 to Wave of Force.
    Increased → Bonus duration to Slow Time, from 2 to 4 seconds.
    New modifier → +1 Projectile | 30% weapon damage | 100% Electrocute/Burn damage to Arcane Orb.

:+1:

BARBARIAN

• Ignore Pain: Cooldown increased.

great I was considering making a change but didn’t want to bother you for only one skill, either increase cooldown or reduce the damage reduction is good as it needed to be nerfed.
Thanks

So many changes in next patch, it looks really cool.

Why can’t I attach Arcane Bomb or Shepherd’s Call to the D3 necro’s Decrepify, but I CAN attach Maul or Bull Rush to it? This doesn’t make any sense.

Is there something wrong with the scaling of the Anathema fire bird summoned from the Mythical Blackfeather Vestments? With +1537% fire damage, he is doing a grand total of 2474 fire damage.

Nothing wrong. That’s the real damage.

Hey! First of all, I love this mod. The amount of detail and work that went into Diablo classes is extraordinary and all of them feel like they’re a part of the game. :slight_smile:

Got 3 questions:

1. Is it possible to tone down the animation for Crusader’s Punish? Every time I try to play it, the amount of light in the animation is just too much, i feel like a personification of a disco walking around. :smiley:

2. Are there any plans to expand the gear bonuses to support Diablo/Grim Dawn combinations? Every epic that drop and craftable gear seems to support pure Diablo 3 classes only.

3. Are partial component meant to drop?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Also, Spectral blade doesn’t have any aura effect that would indicate it’s turned on.

I’ll tell you right now, 2 will never happen for any mod

Ok thanks, guess he isnt too usable hehe.

No, it will be fixed on next patch.

Damage will be buffed a little tho.

1 Like

That’s cool , i am looking forward to 3.3 . Seems like there is a lot of nice changes and new items listed in the WIP. Now all we need is the Disintegrate skill for Wizard :stuck_out_tongue: and a Convergence transmuter for it heh, i miss the double beam of death.

1 Like

Any chance 3.3 will be ready around when 1.1.7.2 drops?

That’d be sweeeet

Was this the wrong place to ask this question? Because I haven’t been able to find answers elsewhere…

Sorry Sage. For the same reason you can’t attach arcane bomb to Inquisitor’s Rune of Kalastor and Rune of Hagarrad: The area is considered a pet, and AB doesn’t work with pet skills.

Yep, pet’s can’t have pets or buffs. The way the game works would make some unfortunate situations.

IE - a pet with a pet buff, does not affect itself, but it’s own pets.
Or, a pet with pets - that pet isn’t yours so your buffs do not affect it, and anything it kills doesn’t give XP to you, but to your pet (not that it would do anything useful), and who knows what other weird quirks might happen.

So ALL targeted spells that apply to large areas function this way?
Good to know for future builds. Thanks!