[MOD] Diablo 3 Classes + Blood Knight: Patch 4.9 Released

@Grimer ,

Theatricals’s play a reasonable part in the enjoyment of a skill (along side massive damage numbers).
It just feels Electrocute needs something to spice it up.

Below is Thunder Scourge arching from the initial hit target to other nearby enemies, not forking from the players character.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know it would work, just presumed it wouldn’t, good for Thunder Scourge, not for Electrocute. Electrocute has item transmuters, acid, aether, vitality…It ruins the immersion to have a Vitality Red-Colored Electrocute, while one of its modifiers is still proc’ing blue chains and dealing lightning damage. That’s why Blessed Hammer gained many item-modifiers that change its vfx colors, but only after I removed the ‘fire path’ it used to proc from its Burning Wrath modifier. That’s it.

2 Likes

Hydras, Golems and Clones:

Command Golem will receive a visual rework, I decided to use the Flesh Hulk model after @RalfDenner suggested to change it. Also, improvements to skills vfx, like Bone Tornado.

bonegolem

Blood Golem and Ice Golem preview

ice_golem

blood_golem

Frost Hydra will have a proper ice breath vfx and all Hydras can apply “Elemental Exposure” (Lightning Hydra → -25% Lightning Res e.g). With this change, Fire Hydra will be able to stack damage per hit just like in older patches.

hydra

Elemental Exposure's Fire and Lightning vfx - Preview

firehydra

lightninghydra

Mirror Image is getting a complete purple-themed new look. They will cast the new version of Meteor on next patch. Some item-modifiers for it are on the way as well.

mirror

9 Likes

Great Work Dude!

1 Like

Awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi DendiDondo,

Is this the sort of Black Hole/Rune of Kalastor build you’re after?

1 Like

Yeah I’m currently using almost the same build as you but with a little different (Cataclysm set). It works really well and is fun to play (I love Black Hole and Rune interaction). This is my full build: Truenamer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (Diablo 3 Classes Mod)

I fought Diablo, the Prime Evil, for the first time in about a year or so, and whatever changes you brought to it, I hate it. I can tolerate most things, but the constant Nullification has got to stop. Especially when it can combine a long-lasting trap with Nullification to kill you before you can put your buffs back on.

I got to around the 3rd(?) phase where it was around 50% or so (where it says “how do your loved ones feel when you fail them” or something like that), and then the Nullifcation spam + traps became too much. Playing this as a Diviner’s Set Necromancer in SR75.

If you’re playing Grimarillion, those are changes I made, not Grimer (or okami). No one ever gave feedback after I made the changes so, I never adjusted them since.

I’ll look at it tonight and make some tweaks, I might have missed something resulting in way too much nullifications, but he has always been able to trap/nullify you, even before I adjusted him.

The third form (the red form after the blue/black one) has a ‘grab’ skill (nullify and trap) which should only be used if he has trapped you with a cage and is in melee range, I don’t remember if I got it working properly. It was meant to be a thematic thing since that is how he works in Diablo 3.

Wave of Force - VFX Rework:

original

Scepter of Chiroptera

chiroptera

Rimeheart

rimeheart!

Stormshield

Stormshield

Monster Infrequents

D3 Modifiers will be added to vanilla MIs, so the leveling experience can be more fun.

Preview:

Korvan Casque

Korvan

Ronaprax Sting

Ronaprax

Chosen Mask

Chosen

6 Likes

I know you hate the question, but bloody hell you have already teased so many cool new things, sooo… when si this coming? :slight_smile:

np, probably next weekend

1 Like

well done. the only pain I have with d2 rot is that the range of ice nova is too small, for me it is completely unplayable for this reason. all the more weird that GD has a great olexra freeze animated, and range it’s a pity there is no in d2rot animation.Your animations are cool.

1 Like

Eh maybe not the right place to ask, but does anyone use GD item assistant with this mod here? Does your item assistant have missing icon for all the item of this mod? Anyway to fix it?

Patch will be delayed. Decided to rework Grasp of the Dead and Piranhas + check itemization for it.

Here’s a preview (Special thanks to @okami29 for importing the models!)

grasp

piranhas

8 Likes

Dang! Nice work! :eyes::eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

The talent and ability that people have to make these mods simply astounds me. This looks wonderful!

1 Like

Thank you Grimer.
I just sent you the models with the normaliser textures for the Piranhas (instead of flatbmp texture that seems to cause the issue with too much lightning) and additivescrollskinned shader for the hands, it will look like more ghost like effect (transparent)

1 Like

Thanks! Piranhas looks better, but the first texture for Grasp is the best, the transparent one got hidden by the vfx.

Piranhas damage numbers will be based on Occ’s Doom Bolt (+ Dot) with a 25~30% reduction to compensate the larger range it has compared to Doom Bolt.

Piranhas:
piranhas

Frost Piranhas:
piranhas_frost

Grasp of the Dead will have larger radius and higher damage, however cooldown is gonna be increased to 3.0 seconds.

Grasp of the Dead - Poison:
grasp

Grasp of the Dead - Cold:
grasp_cold

3 Likes

Keep in mind, Doom Bolt hits twice.

1 Like