[MOD] Diablo 3 Classes + Blood Knight: Patch 4.9 Released

thank you so much

1 Like

Hey, i just downloaded the mod, but somehow i canā€™t get it work properly, i had RoT, it works for me, I put all the mod in the Same folder ā€œModsā€ file in GD file, but i canā€™t pick the D3 class

Are you sure you are starting a custom game with the D3 mod and not with RoT? Is the D3 mod recognised in custom games?

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply, yes, i am pretty sure i picked custom game with D3
but somehow the characters still does not change when i picked different mod,and the problem is, when i play on the D3 mod, the skill tree is still Ori Gd classes

You should still see the original GD classes. The 6 D3 classes should come in addition below. And you should also create a new character I believe.

Is this correct?
steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\D3 Classes - Definitive Edition-51-4-3-1672681441

?
I am placing the folder on my Data (D:) section

you have to grab ONLY the ā€œDiablo_IIIā€ folder from inside the downloaded archive, and only this have to go into your ā€œ/modsā€ folder, then it should work, the 2 other folders in it are related to translating the mod. and btw, there are infact 7 D3 classes created by Grimer! :))

1 Like

Well, I just checked, thereā€™s still no D3 class on the mod for me, Sadge

But, That DoM mod of mine are still working, i just wonder if it had the similar content as D3 does?

Thanks for your time btw

should look like ā€œD:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\Diablo_IIIā€

OMGā€¦ What? Why? LOL
It works now
I mean, i had that D3 Defenitive edition 1st then the D3 is inside that folder, it wonā€™t work, I donā€™t know pulling out the folder makes a Huge Significant thing lol, thanks a lot @Reforged and @ashbrain so much for your time

1 Like

RektbyProtoss has been playing the D3finitive Edition for the last two weeks, mostly finishing campaign on normal/veteran mode with every single class and provided me a great feedback. We discussed how the mod is still attached to some Diablo 3 standards and how this difficults a better balance for the classes in GD, making some skills too strong and others underwhelming. I think those who wanted skills more similar to what they are in Diablo 3 had enough time to have such experience already, so itā€™s time to make some changes:

Circuit Breakers

• Probably the most controversial passives in the mod (Not for DoM and Grimarillion players I guessā€¦), these will have their cooldown considerably increased: 130 seconds, scaling down to up 95 seconds softcapped.

Immunity Skills

• Skills like Spirit Walk and Diamond Skin are also getting nerfed a little bit. All of these abilities will have their cooldown increased by 5 seconds, including Arcanistā€™s Mirror of Eroctoes.

Ultimate Skills

• Epiphany, Vengeance, Wrath of the Berserkerā€¦ All of them will have their cooldown increased by 10 seconds, except for Archon, which was increased by 20 seconds.

Demon Hunter

• DH feels too squishy at early game, so Shadow Power will also grants bonus health and a little more health regeneration, however, class attributes scaling will be reduced, becoming similar to Inquisitor. Cluster Arrow was a great skill to level through the campaign, will get a little nerf on its physical damage scaling at regular ranks though.

Crusader

• Blessed Hammer looks too good for leveling the character, it will get a little nerf for its damage at regular ranks. The main change for this class is related to its Laws, which will no longer be exclusives. Laws of Valor will be a toggled buff and the other two Laws will be turned into its modifiers. Laws stats are basically unaltered.

Monk

• Monk looks like the most balanced class in the mod, however, just like the Laws, Mantras feel out of place right now. Mantra of Healing will replace ā€œBreath of Heavenā€ as Monkā€™s healing skills, Mantra of Salvation will become its first modifier and the second modifier will be the new ā€œMantra of Retributionā€ granting bonus damage and retaliation. With these changes, Mantra of Conviction will return as an exclusive skill.

• Dashing Strike will make you move faster, almost as a teleport, looks way cooler after this change. Inner Sanctuary is very underwhelming right now, will get a huge buff to the stats it grants in the area. Harmony is broken: nerfed xD.

Wizard

• Magic Missile looks too good for leveling due to its shotgun effect, it will receive a nerf at regular ranks.

• Storm Armor feels underwhelming as an exclusive skill, so it will increase stun resistance since the beginning and its ultimate bonus will grant 12% Total Speed. With this change, Magic Weapon is gonna have only casting speed, however, also increases energy regeneration.

• Teleport and Unstable Anomaly will be buffed: less cooldown to Teleport. Health restored to UA.

Witch Doctor

• Firebats has annoying mechanic problems at the current state, with no viable solution. Will be reworked as a channeling skill like Flames of Ignaffar, which itā€™s how it works in Diablo 3.
  • Too many spiders, not that much damage. Summon limit will be reduced, damage will be increased.
  • Pierce the Veil has a cool concept, but too complicated to balance in GD. It will be more simple, reducing your maximum energy, while granting the OA + Total Damage.

Necromancer

• Bone Spear (and its awkward ultimate bonus) is getting a little rework. Now the number of projectiles will scale with rank. 'ā€œShatterā€ returns as an ultimate bonus that reduces targetā€™s resistances (removed from Blighted Marrow).
  • Pets are OP. Good! No big changes.

Item Support

• GD has too many MIs supporting poison/vitality/physical/bleeding which benefit classes like Barbarian, Witch Doctor and Necromancer, those look fine for now. The others need more atention to minimize the lack of elemental MIā€™s.

Big thanks to @RektbyProtoss for introducing the D3 Classes to its audience and providing fair critics and compliments about the mod.

5 Likes

Crusader: Laws not being exclusives anymore sounds gorgeous. Do you plan on introducing another exclusive skill then?

Probably it will have none, like Demolitionist.

With Vengeance, will you adjust modifiers on the weapon Dawn & the Relic (mini Dawn) to compensate for the additional 10 seconds added?
As an example: I have a build (Wizard / DH) which heavily relies on the Arcane Orb / Vengeance interaction (which crashes the game every now & then from shear screen spam :joy:). Currently have a 6 second downtime window. An extra 10 seconds would kill the build.

yes, dual wield Dawn and Vyrā€™s set will still have the same impact

1 Like

Inner Sanctuary could have good synergy with Inquistor Seal if the cooldown were reduced. Increasing the summon limit through MI support (2 or 3), could make this an alternative ā€œSigilsā€ build, albeit elemental. Just a thought.

1 Like

New DH and Barbarian skill trees:

3 Likes

Just of out of complete curiosity, have you ever been contacted by Crate with a job offer?

No. I mean, making a game is one thing, modding the game that is already done is way easierā€¦

Crate are looking to fill some positions, but you need to live in the US.