[MOD] Dread

Okay… so apparently Nexusmods gets the files mixed up for some reason. I had to upload the tweaked stats version 4 times with different file names just to get it to work, and now it’s doing this again. I’m not going to deal with this anymore, I’m removing the tweaked stats version with the next update, it’s too much of an annoyance. I know it should be working properly because the file on my PC that was used to upload is fine; yet when downloading the same file, it get’s it mixed up. I’m so frustrated with this now. :mad: Thanks for bringing this up.

With regards to that: I made this adjustment in UPDATE 6.
Think of Grim Dawn areas like the Alphabet.

Let’s pretend:
ACT 1 uses Enemies ABCD
ACT 2 uses Enemies EFGH
etc.

I gave Enemy A a chance to spawn a great number of adds. Enemies B,C, and D are unaffected. Only the common variant has a chance of becoming affected. This doesn’t mean all types of common enemies have a chance for this effect, only the few “letters” of the Alphabet I chose. This adds more variety into fights between dense and individual encounters that can intertwine. You’re gaining a more diverse combat environment with UPDATE 6 without losing what you liked about UPDATE 5; you may come to see that the more you battle through areas.

I’ll try to get this fixed ASAP with the 7th update. Thanks again, lectricice.

UPDATED

Awesome mod ; Love it <3
Kinda reminded me of DS in some way

The only thing that bothers me is that it can take ages to kill enemies as a dual wielding nightblade for example (while having high cds for the amount of beefy enemies) . Thats artificial difficulty (in my opinion) . Maybe buff the damage we do but also the dmg the enemies do
(of course not talking about envoirmental effects) ; Dark Souls style

I would suggest nerfing Necromancer… those skeletons are overpowered af. Especially when having 7 of em

I would also suggest rebalancing other classes so they are all equally enjoyable
(maybe buff duel wielders / melee basic attacks only so its not such a chore)
(also a cool idea would be to take some skills from DS for example and implement them to different classes: Forbidden Sun , Sunlight spear , Sunlight blade , Crystal Soulspear and more )

My experience comes from early game (1- 25) because i just started using your mod . I also tried most classes

but anyway its a great mod and i love it! keep up the good work friend <3

It’s funny the mod reminded you of DS in a way, as I thought about that game as well as my favorite MMO while making this. On the melee comment, every class has a different stroll at the beginning of their journey. Class A may be weaker than class B in the beginning, but that can change as they progress. Nightblade is one of those classes with a slow start, atleast with this mod, but it does very well with surviving and high damage output later in the game, especially with one of his skills that happens to summon one of my favorite pets.

I have not player necromancer at a high level yet. From what I gathered while playing that class, I noticed your pets are probably the best DDs above any other class at the start of the game. The drawback is that they can be killed easily leaving you without pets and a summon recast that’s still ticking, and once you do summon another skeleton, it may die again even faster because you lack an army. I learned this while battling a hero. I’ll look into how the Necromancer holds up in Ultimate before I make any changes.

I think that is beyond my capabilities

In the meantime…

While I patiently wait for the Forgotten Gods expansion, I continue thinking of new ideas and adjustments to make in my handy dandy notebook. Thanks for the feedback and playing the mod.

An update has been made that reduced the mob count, so it is now similar to earlier versions of the mod. Aether crystals have also received an HP nerf. A larger update is being saved for the new expansion. This has all the changes and features excluding the hordes of mobs which was an experiment from recent updates.

I cannot explain my excitement for a change that is so small, yet greatly pleasing; which is why I updated the OP with a video preview of Update 10. This is just 1 of the new features that will be included with the next update.

Is there a fix for the Lumber For The Legion quest?
For me, the Gryver’s Mill building only spawned 3 Harbingers and 2 little guys and only the little ones counted towards the 18 needed.
Going back didn’t spawn any more that counted.

That’s the quest to kill like 11 enemies, right? Sorry, I should have updated that quest so it only requires the player to kill like 1 or 2. I’ve never done something like that, so I hope it’s an open and shut case. The only way to spawn more is to reload to the main menu and head back.

Thank you. I went back a third time and got a Hungerer, fourth time three, fifth time nothing again (in addition to the Harbingers that the quest doesn’t count)… It looks like it’s just tedious rather than impossible.

Edit: Changing the quest to three might work, but only if you can get it to count the Harbingers – often only Harbingers spawn.

Hello, i just started playing with ur mod while waiting for FG, and i absolutely love it, but i jsut realized i am on 1.0.7.1, and it seems ur latest update was for 1.0.6.1, may i expect some issues? i was going to post feedback but that would be useless if my game version screws with the mod :x

There shouldn’t be any issues – I packaged it so that most elements of the game are up-to-date, regardless of my mod’s version.

so far around 8 hours in your mod, still loving it, didnt encountered any issues, everything works fine, started fresh char so on normal / veteran yet and as wow mythic raider and m+ player i must admit that this is exactly the experience i was looking for, cant wait for FG version with shattered realm + your mod, amazing work.

also wanted to ask, how is the endgame with your mod, for example nemesises and superbosses, wont they take like 30-60 mins to take down? xD

Nemisis, I can barely remember killing. It really depends how strong you are. It’s been about a year, and skele nemisis took maybe 18min (Really foggy memory on that). I never made a goal to hunt nemisis. I fought the Mog shrine god superboss but my char build was not good enough…

well here i am again after another day in your mod, and i am honestly unable to find anything i dont like… its simply amazing, no bugs encountered still, amount of crowd control feels just right, reduction on bosses also, it feels exactly as should, so sorry for not adding any constructive feedback, as there is nothing left to say then amazing job :slight_smile:

so ill end with question again (hope im not bothering u), would it be possible to add feature to enter crucible maps with your mod / actually play crucible? i think that scores are not important here, just for the gameplay itself. if it wont take much work ofc, i have no idea how monster amounts for each wave works there if it wouldnt be too much of a hassle, but thats actually only thing i realized that may be “missing”, so once again, great job :slight_smile:

its probably not even necessary to have the crucible since we get the shattered realm with FG (now i hope u release ur mod for FG , cant imagine playing GD without it anymore lol)

Nothing I can do with Crucible as I don’t own the DLC

My exact thoughts – & besides, I’m still working on the next update, so less work for me. It’s a win-win :slight_smile:

thanx for so fast answers, yeah it seems that shattered realm will be way more enjoyable then crucible anyway :slight_smile:

also i popped grimtools and went through act 1 with different char, it seems i kinda get drowned in blue items, not getting nearly any greens

i forgot exact numbers since i quited game as idiot without writing it down but it was in ratio like

Yellows : 60
Greens : 10
Blues : 65

got for example exact same blue 2h rifle “The Huntsman” (normal/veteran, new character) like 8 times before reaching warden xD (yay first time useful feedback i hope)

also atm on lvl 27 with that fresh char at wardens cellar, i didnt do much of sidecontent just rushed in (not actually even sure if its that much now since my last normal playthrough was likehalf year ago but seemed higher then usual…), i hope monster lvl wont cap before finishing normal, but i guess that wont be the case

again thanx for your great work :slight_smile:

edit : another question, sorry for bothering, going to play multiplayer with friend tommorow with your mod, and wanted to ask on HP scaling, i tested on jsut lvl 1 characters and noticed that hp of first zombies barely icnreased (474 > 530 or smtng like that) i guess thats intended to make start faster, but later on mobs will get to usual MP hp scaling?

At lvl 1, that seems about right. I made enemies scale significantly higher than normal, based on the player’s level. Elite & Ultimate offer larger increases.

Uploaded 1 more video preview of update 10 on the main page. I’m all worn out; time to take a break from this for a while. Take care.

looks awesome, especially the ending with 2h n kick :x i guess v10 is meant to be released for Forgotten gods?

Sadly, yes :cry:

so i have to sadly say that my friend gave up on early levels, we tried MP in 3 ppl, and they gave up on lvl 13 with “its too goddamn slow”, and i gotta admit it was, we was over one minute dealing with single mob, was way different from singleplayer experience, anyway i tried to check the mp balancing files (hope u dont mind), and if i got it right, the scaling used for normal/vet is

250 multi in case of 1p
300 multi in case of 2p
600 multi in case of 3p
1000 multi in case of 4p

which probably meant the crazy start… as i said before the lvl 1 zombie on sp had 470 hp, 530 with 2 players, with this scaling it would meant like 1k hp in case of 3p probably, which makes starts incredibly slow… if possible i would suggest tweaking 3player/4player scaling for normal / vet, so its not that slow to start with full party, i am not sure if it would fix overtime on higher levels with these settings, but as i said, we kinda just left it at the swapsm where the selfhealing mobs kicked in, stopped being fun there