[MOD] Dread

Thanks, that’s good to know. I’ve adjusted these values with an added additional equation to be more linear with the SP experience, but to still require players to work together in later levels without it being as obnoxiously long each fight. I calculated my added equation to be more relevant on high levels.

I’m almost complete with the mod, so I want to mention some of the new changes that I’ve made.

Starting, all new characters start with 10 HP. Yes, 10 Health Points. A max level 100 character can gain just over 100 HP. Hitting 10k, 30k, and 50k damage is no more. Player attacks will start with low single digits. An attack dealing 20 damage is pretty good for low level characters. The speed of player attacks have been slightly readjusted alongside a new cap to make the combat stay true with my vision. Many DoT effects have been changed so kills are more likely to result from blows by a weapon or spell. I have some cool and deadly things I’m doing with enemies that I don’t want to spoil. A more complete list of changes and features will be added when the update is released.

Despite the good, I’ve been having issues with Retaliation gear overall. Issues so relevant, that I may end up removing it completely from the game without doing something extremely awkward and unstable if I were to leave it in. This would only affect stats with Retaliation, as Reflect, and “Chance When Hit”, similar to retaliation, would continue to work as intended. I’ll ponder over this. Other than that, everything looks in order.

just a little more feedback i found out when i was digging thru the vanilla/your files while i was attempting to do my rebalances

i noticed that lvl 70 relics could drop of enemies around homestead, and since there was no level requirement on them, that caused imbalance also (i believe it was mentioned already somewhere, it was specifically shaman one spawning shittons of bugs which was actually hitting harder then me)

also and this may be dumb suggestion, but i noticed u are editing experience required for lvl up instead experience gains, that makes me sad because thats most likely only thing apart from level req on items that keeps it from being “compatible” with other mods that are more likely just rebalances

but i guess thats intended since its easier to balance this way, also the exp loss on death is pretty huge, but again i guess thats also intended.

i did the edits as u suggested in pm (thanx btw!) but i guess im going to wait for next update since it will contain so many changes according to ur last post that i might not need the changes at all :smiley:

Already changed for update 10 to be “gains” instead.

I’m most likely not going to reimplement enemies dropping relics.

I can’t think of 1 thing that I haven’t already fixed/changed to be in update 10 that may have been an issue. I appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

2 handed animations are amazing man. Wish i could have these in main game without mod tho. Great work

Question. How does one download this mod? I can’t seem to find a link anywhere

where to download the mod?

You can’t right now; the mod creator, normalguy, has said that v10 will be available sometime after Forgotten Gods releases; my assumption is that, with all the changes in the game, something got broken in an update after FG was already announced so he simply decided to wait until the expansion released so he wouldn’t have to do a ton more work with each small update before FG, plus re-do pretty much everything again for FG. This is simply my assumption; I do know a lot of mod creators took a break from updating their mods when they heard news of another expansion because that means a ton of dependencies are being reworked in the official game for the expansion, so rather than add a bunch of work for very short-term fixes, they are waiting to be able to do it/fix it all at once.

Kind of sad the outdated version of the mod was taken down but im looking forward to the new version.

This is my new account. I can’t gain access to the old account. :eek: I don’t care.

There’s no download link for the current mod as I knew the Forgotten Gods’ expansion content would have to be updated. I’m working on a new mod, but under a new name (pun intended). I have no date set for this mod, nor a name to reveal. I don’t want to say how long it may take, just not now. Sorry.

The mod will most likely be released next week.

1 Like

Mostly nice mod. But the huge amount of HP of the Spoils made me quit this mod right after the 2nd boss. That´s simply too lame and a funkiller.

AWESOME MOD MY FRIEND!!!,I’m big fan of the combat is there possible chance of you making a hellmode(kinda like no regular mobs, just champions and bosses) just for the fun of it
Thanks for all your hard work!!!

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

HYPE HYPE!! Thank you!!

1 Like