[Mod] GDReforge

Have shitloads of iron and don’t know what to do with it? Got a crappy Legendary drop and wish you could reroll its stats?

Look no further than GDReforge!

Download

Working on Version: 1.0.0.7

Updated to include the new 1.0.0.7 Legendary equipment.

Also changed how one acquires the reforging smith.

Also changed how much it costs to reforge (125k -> 105k).

Current Mod Version: v0.6.0
Last Updated: 12/21/2016 - 12:33PM

How it works:

1. An item is granted by completing the game on Ultimate difficulty (turning in the Loghorrean quest), spawning a smith holding recipes for reforging every Legendary item in the game.
  2. Each recipe requires 105,000 Iron Bits as well as the item you intend to reforge.
  3. It produces one roll of the item.

Photographic proof:

[i]Infernus

Talking to Infernus (reforge cost is now 105k Iron)

Before Reforging

After Reforging

[/i]

Mod compatibilities:

• Fully compatible with any mod.
  • This mod is entirely open-sourced. Use it as you will, edit it as you see fit, but do please give me some credit. :slight_smile: Thanks.

If you see an error anywhere, let me know. Everything is autogenerated so there shouldn’t really be any errors, but if there are they should be relatively easy to spot.

Enjoy!

Good job Ceno, just wonder if it’s possible to increase the amount of irons required for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, … reforge of the same item (as it’s applied on skill points respec).

Interesting, even though your sample reroll does not really help the case for rerolling :wink:

No, cost cannot be increased for 2nd, 3rd reroll as the number of rerolls is not stored in the item (unlike the number of bought back points in the char)

The stats are slightly different, it demonstrates the case enough.

I am not saying it doesn’t demonstrate it, but that I would consider it a waste of money if that had been my reroll

In any case, I was mostly joking as the :wink: was meant to indicate

this is a good idea, does it have a chance to increase the weapon damage as well?

Good Idea but wouldn’t it be better just to add a special ‘reroll legendary’ blacksmith and so other blacksmiths keep their bonuses.

base weapon damage is fixed, so will not change from a reroll. Bonus damage would, not sure if any uniques use that however, or only affixes do (which uniques almost never have).

On a related topic, if I have a legendary with affixes (Badge of Mastery), I assume it also gets new affixes, as it technically is an entirely new item, is that correct ?

Yes but then I’d need to edit the map and make the download size ~300 megabytes instead of ~30 kilobytes.

I’m planning on making an unused blacksmith entity that people merging this mod into their own mods can place wherever they like.

Correct.

You can always add an item which spawns a blacksmith on equip. No need to edit the map. Add the item to the starter corpse loot table.

Yeah I’ve been studying GoodLooking for the past half hour…

Updated with the summonability of a new Blacksmith. Blacksmiths now have their old bonuses back. This new Blacksmith has no smithing bonuses.

Those of you familiar with the GoodLooking mod will be familiar with how to use the new version of this mod.

For all others, make a new character and loot the corpse on the Devil’s Crossing bridge to Lower Crossing. You’ll receive a special item that does something…special.

jiaco - Today at 3:27 PM
@Ceno make sure you make the NPC self destruct or something, With GoodLooking mod you can fill the map with this summon-able NPC , bring down the entire internet even, if you cast enough of him.

Ceno - Today at 3:55 PM
Hm, turns out its bloody hard to get that to work…
Tried giving it a 15 minute cooldown but that’s ineffectual

Right now the skill to summon the smith has a 250 energy cost…but we both know that’s trivial in endgame. Don’t crash the game, please. You probably wouldn’t enjoy that, either. :slight_smile:

Updated again but removed the Soulbound nature of the special item thingy…not sure why GoodLooking had that to begin with.

This is a really clever idea. Nice work.

Fantastic work :slight_smile:

Updated to include the new 1.0.0.7 Legendary equipment.

Also changed how one acquires the reforging smith.

Also changed how much it costs to reforge (125k -> 105k).

Hope this will get included in cornucopia, nice QoL changer :slight_smile:

Is this mod only supposed to work as custom game (i.e. cannot hard-copy into vanilla game folder)?

In theory you could hard-copy it into the vanilla game folder, but you’d need to rebuild its assets and stuff.