[Mod] Grim Armory

Grim Armory Version 1.3

Additions

• Purity of Being - An unarmed Warder/Archon/Warlord set that breaks all the rules! Focusing on Counter Strike, Upheaval, and Ascension, players will need to figure out a way to maximize their offensive power without access to weaponry or core attributes (Physique/Cunning/Spirit)! But the rewards are well worth it, as the set raises the Attack Speed cap to 300% and the Movement Speed cap to 170%. Get your monk game on! :facepunch:

Internal

• Further cleaned up mod files, removing lots of extraneous data.
  • Prep work for future content.
2 Likes

Ever since Retaliation added to Attack was a thing, I’ve dreamed of a build where the enemy slaps me and Doom Bolt comes down from the heavens, smiting the enemy. I don’t think Doom Bolt can be turned into a passive skill like Counter Strike, but it has given me an idea of adding a Occultist / Demo / Shaman Fire Retaliation Set that adds RATA to Doom Bolt and gives good bonuses to Grenado. It should probably be a 2H weapon set as you can convert 50% Physical damage to Fire using it (and make use of Physical Retaliation items like Ring of Sethris), while making sure it’s not obsoleted by Blazerush. Shame that Stormcaller’s Pact converts 15% Physical to Lightning, cause I want to see big Crits with this thing.

Some modifiers would be like this:
Amulet: 10% Physical Damage converted to Fire
+2 to Doom Bolt
+2 to Temper
+1 to all Skills in Demolitionist
100% Vitality / Chaos damage converted to Fire to Doom Bolt

Weapon:
50% Physical Damage Converted to Fire
+4 to Stormcaller’s Pact
+4 to Ulzuin’s Chosen
+4 to Doom Bolt
1200 Physical Retaliation to Stormcaller’s Pact

Head:
+2 to Aspect of the Guardian
+2 to Shattering Blast
+1 to all Skills in Shaman

2pc Bonus:
120% Fire Damage
120% Burn Damage
120% Fire Retaliation

3pc Bonus:
120 OA
1840 Fire Retaliation
+3 to Shattering Blast

4pc Bouns:
+3 to Aspect of the Guardian
+3 to Oak Skin

100% Acid Damage converted to Fire to Blood of Dreeg
28% Retaliation Added to Attack to Doom Bolt

This is an initial doodle, but I hope you get what kind of idea I’m promoting here. It’d be really cool to see this sort of concept made into a set!

1 Like

I have given this some thought.

Stay tuned for the next release!

There may be existing vanilla items that might mesh with your idea nicely…

Grim Armory Version 1.4

This is an earlier release than was originally intended due to the discovery of two fairly critical bugs in the mod. (See below). It includes a brand new set craftable via Augury cards, but may itself be a bit rough around the edges due to the importance of getting the bugfixes out. It is not impossible that the new set may see some slight additions/alterations in an upcoming hotfix.

Additions

• Added the Mediocrity’s Vengeance set - a Fire RATA set that provides bonuses to Doom Bolt and Callidor’s Tempest with assorted support for Demoltionist skills as well.

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue in which The Fool Augury cards could not drop.
  • Fixed an issue in which the Purity of Being set could not be crafted.

Internal

• Further cleaned up mod files, removing lots of extraneous data.
  • Prep work for future content.

I cant seem to summon inusat, he just keeps exploding in gore on me.

edit - had to restart game and he was able to be summoned.

I don’t quite understand, parts of the sets just drops from mobs or do you need to forge something at the blacksmith for this? Thanks!

Certain mobs drop Augury cards, which are essentially Divination cards from Path of Exile.

A smith can convert a completed Augury card into one of the set items, given at random - though the set pieces can then be transmuted in case you get a duplicate.

It’s now clear. Special thanks for the monk set.

1 Like

I am using grim armory (I didnt want any of the other features of grimarilon or for any of the other features to be added to the loot pool), but I think as soon as I installed rainbow loot filter the augury cards stopped dropping. Or maybe my character leveled out of the augury cards drop range? I’m not sure. But do you know if there is any rainbow loot filter file for grim armory or are they just incompatible and I have to uninstall rainbow loot filter?

I’m not aware of any incompatibility between the two mods, so I’m tempted to say you outleveled something - what level are you, and what level are the enemies you’re facing? Alternatively, which enemies are you facing that you’re expecting to see card drops from?

100 Now, was doing end of main campaign in elite and then the two expansions. just started ultimate on the character, I just havent seen augury cards since then. Are they only meant for lower levels?

No, they predominantly favor endgame but should be viable at all levels from their designated drop sources.

Hrm, I’ll keep going through ultimate and see if maybe I havent been hitting the correct enemies?

This is most likely the case, the cards are very enemy specific.

Are there any specific ones I can know to test on?

If you downloaded the version of the mod that includes the mod’s source data, there should be a spreadsheet in there that has the list of cards and their drop sources.

Otherwise, Zarthuzellan, Rolderathis, and Ilgorr can drop the Fearsmith card.

Perhaps a bit easier, Kyzogg can drop the Aspirant card.

Thank you
…this post must be 10 characters… >.>

Okay, it’s working, got one of the cards from one of the ones you listed. I think maybe since this character is now fully leveled that because the loot pool is opened to more stuff in general like more legendaries and such that the cards are just dropping less than when I was leveling by virtue of smaller percentage chances. (or my horrid luck just kicked in finally again.)

Hello!

I just wanted to say - I love the mod!

One issue, though - I’ve been trying to farm for the Imperial Automata set, but the boss that’s listed that drops it doesn’t (did 15 runs yesterday and not a single card drop).

I’m referring to The Steward.

Is there any chance that the info in the spreadsheet is wrong or is my luck just busted?

1 Like

I have unfortunate news.

Many Stewards died in this testing.

Poor RNG aside, it is currently only a 10% drop chance. I’ll up this to 27% for the next release, as a single-boss drop chance with a decent walk to that boss is a bit taxing, especially when one needs 12 drops for the full set!

2 Likes