[Mod] Grim Dawn Infinity (Updated Regularly - Bookmark it!)

I’m doing good, thank you. Things have been busy so I haven’t had as much time to apply to building or updates, but it’s still progressing.

3 Likes

Hey Dawn_Infinity! May I ask, just what did you do, to get monster spawns to work on characters above level 100? I haven’t been able to figure out what is causing spawns to stop once you hit lv 101. I been in the proxies, but I am not 100% if this is the answer, or there is an easy way to fix this. Please let me know!

I didn’t do a lot of testing with Spawn Proxies. Virtually all the spawns are done with manual placement. One problem I did encounter was a level differential causing the mobs to not aggro, but that’s a different issue you might encounter when breaking the level limits.

I would need to test spawning a proxy of higher level creatures.

Oh hey. Don’t worry about it. I figured it out lol. Also zantai is increasing max player level for spawns to work up to 200 in 1.1.9 :slight_smile:
This way at least we don’t need to edit the 450+ proxy pool files which would take days to do.

Just stumbled across this, sounds incredible!
Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Also keen to help out :slight_smile:

This is fantastic, congratulations!

Thanks. There is enough new content to release some screen shots or an updated video soon. I moved everything to a new PC and work is going smoothly thus far. The transition process definitely had some hurdles, but things are looking good.

A playable demo hasn’t been released, but that could change in a while too. There are currently skills that you can select that are not updated for the mod. So they would need to be completed or blocked off for a more proper demo.

2 Likes

A release is finally available!!! Keep in mind this is essentially a completely new game and not just a mod. Only two classes are currently available and not every skill is ready. However, there is enough content for playing and testing the mod.

Rather than wait for a completed project this may allow players to see the development on a regular basis and also make suggestions.

This is the first time I tried a hard mod. Im getting alot of tags not found & still get DC. If this was suppose to be a soft mod it needs its own folder? How do I get this to work?

impressive :slight_smile: another gifted modder, it looks great.

The post has been updated and the new files will be available soon. The documentation suggests a limited amount of files, but that may be just for basic mods. This mod contains some custom textures, a new game world, and other features.

Thank you for the testing and input. If you still receive tags not found errors please let me know. Tags apply to enemies, equipment, and various other things. If you can provide the exact names or screen shots that would help.

The download should be ready now.

Ok tried it. Didnt realize that the files were separate on your drop page including the instructions. Most modders put everything into their mod folder like the Storm mod. So its easier just to take that folder & drop into your mod folder. Most modders dont have you creating it.
Next its playable but I ran into some issues. 1. the mobs are not scaling to you. You have to find all the level 12 skels and kill when your baby melee. I ran into level 100+ spider right away no fun. Then some of them chase for a long ways. I found it was easier (I cheesed it) just by quitting and coming back in just to kill the level 12 skels.
2. Next I choose arcane mastery. It let me put 1 pt in the toggle skill (top skill) cant remember its name. But would not let me put any pts in the missile or the passive at the bottom. Are they not available till higher levels?
3. I did finally get a white melee weapon to drop it said “tag not found” & what i had to start with was better. imo need a little more on the baby drops to help the baby melee char.
Good luck with your ideas. Keep going. We all love new mods.

Edit: Tried again with solder this time. Much easier to start as you have blade burst right away. Noticed on cadence it said not available for 29 pts. I assume thats what you meant to do with missles on Arcane but it doesnt tell you that. Also on solder it tells you the abilities before you choose it. On arcane all your getting is the skill title nothing else before you choose it.

1 Like

Thank you for the valuable feedback.

I’ll Zip the main folder from now on so the folder creation won’t be necessary.

1. Scaling - The scaling is a long standing preference rather than an issue. Once you build up your character with a few levels things get much easier and you can properly farm areas. Many people enjoy the static leveling because you feel your progression more and eventually overcome nearly anything. While in some scaling systems people feel they are progressively getting weaker as the mobs simply out scale them.

Several design choices are made to prevent the player from simply becoming to powerful. Almost all multipliers are removed so it’s a more linear progression. This also prevents the 5,000x dmg issues which is common in many ARPG’s. Additionally, there are extremely strong creatures to accommodate higher level players. I’m currently level 117 and have killed creatures up to around 310.

1. Starter Guide: I will update the starter guide and make a video on it. The Soldier is the only viable main option at the moment. You can only use a few skills from the Arcanist. This was necessary as non modified skills can’t be selected. Their scaling would break the game. Thus only modified skills are currently available.

New skills and caps will be increased on a regular basis. The game is essentially in an early Beta Stage, I just didn’t want to delay it for months until it was a more finished product. Also due to the size and scope of this project that may take thousands of hours.

Thank you for the feed back. That is another reason for the release. The Walking Dead’s damage will be reduced to help new players, but it’s not intended for new players to just destroy everything at the start. The negative side is that may be tedious and turn away new players. However, the mod is designed more for hardcore players and those that have already completed the game. You will find of plenty of creatures throughout the game that should be avoided until you get stronger.

2 Likes