[MOD] Grim Dawn Multiplayer Enhanced Difficulty

Bro what up with this? is the hell version notes available?
Are you still working on it

What happens with achievements and this? Since im thinking to start all over on ultimate with this amazing mod?

Doomio is there any chance to release the source for this?
Since i want to merge your mod with an extended stash mod from here:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=549142#post549142
I found out that i need from both mods the source files so i could combine them and enjoy them at full

Why are you under the impression I did not release the source in each download? The single file edited in this mod is included with the .arz.

I was recently made aware of your mod and I will probably try it with a friend but I had a few remarks.
I personally think PoE handle MP scaling quite well (I don’t know what is possible to mod in this game so it might not even be possible) for example you seem worried about pacing, putting different scaling depending on the type of mobs will help, for the rewards bonus I don’t know what could compare or even if it is applicable in Grim Dawn, maybe an increase in Rare Material/Component drop?

I don’t think modifying too much the monsters damages/resistances is possible without hurting the balance of the game.

This is mainly food for thought since I’m probably lacking knowledge in both Grim Dawn and modding.

Since i play mostly with friends i can confirm you that its pretty much balanced. We had some tough times(maybe) but most mistakes were from the players. I highly recommend you this, it truly changed my MP games experience

A proper Multiplayer mod, pat yourself, you earned it.
Now I just gonna hope that I find friends, and then I can finally play multiplayer, hah! Just gonna use the merit with a new character and force beginners to endure elite with me! Or… find somebody who knows the game at least a bit.

Whoahhh awesome <3 Can’t wait to try this later after work!

Hey is it just me or is the Hell version link broken? It just takes me back to the forum home page.

Fixed, thanks. That was an artifact of the old forum turning into the new one.

I hope you are willing on working further on this bro

Depends on interest. Once GD is out of development I’ll probably pick this back up. The changes in 1.1.4 have undone a bunch of my work but wouldn’t take long to re-adjust. Just a bit tedious.

1 Like

Hey,

Does anyone know if this mod still works?

It does. The Hell version is just unfinished.

hi doom-god,

we are very interested in your mod.
are you still supporting this?

background:
we (group of 3) played this game quite some time ago and stopped after 20 hours in the game because coop was much to easy.
Yesterday we tried out your advanced mod. It felt a little better, but still to easy we think. I don’t really understand the concept of playing the game three times. I like the storyline and I like the first (and only) walkthrough to be as enjoyable as possible. I also have no idea about the mechanics of the figures you describe in the release notes. All I know is I want this game to be harder in a 3 person coop normal mode. :slight_smile:
Therefore: Any chance you come up with a more difficult version? E.g. finishing your hell mod?

Thanks
AK.Serial

Eh. Real life takes priority and changes to the game clash with some of this mod’s compatibility

I might consider just giving all bosses more flat stat boosts and cooldown reduction. Hm

+1 for interest, my group of 3 loves ARPGs and GD but the MP balance just makes the game unplayably easy :frowning: . If you do ever come back to working on the mod we would look forward to playing it! <3

Message received. I’ll make a much harder version that simply enhances base difficulties tomorrow for multi-player.

Then I’ll see if there’s a simpler way i can enhance all bosses. What I can probably do is make a passive skill that boosts stats and just add it to boss monsters. Hm

3 Likes

YAY!!! im so excited to play your mod!!

This mod is greatly needed lol.
Thanks for all the hard work so far!!

1 Like