[MOD] Grim Dawn Multiplayer Enhanced Difficulty

It’s coming. Real life getting in the way. I have a free day tomorrow.

The plan is to just redo the difficulties since the game’s updates changed some things.

I plan on making the first 2 non boss-revamp difficulties significantly more scaled.

The lowest difficulty version of the mod I think I’ll add basically 100% monster health per additional player. Among some other tweaks. I’ve heard everyone loud in clear that the game feels way way too easy in multiplayer. I will also look into bigger pools of monsters with additional players but no guarantee.

In the higher difficulty version of the mod I will also add some bonus stats/resists per additional player to monsters so it will FORCE you to synergize a bit with your group. Frankly given how strong player buffs/debuffs are together I doubt it’ll be a problem.

Then I’ll relook at hell difficulty (bosses super amped) and see what I can do. I know some new MI’s were added so hopefully in some cases it’s as simple as me adding the new items to my bosses drop tables.

In each difficulty I think I’ll increase the base single player difficulty as well so this mod will serve people who just want the game a bit slower paced in general.

3 Likes

That sounds epic!

Will it be compatiblw with say for example Dawn of Masteries? :slight_smile: I like your thoughts on increasing MP player scaling

No, because they are 2 separate mods and you can only play one mod at a time. You’d have to merge the 2 into a brand new mod containing both to be able to play this with DoM.

Thanks for your quick response, since I don’t know the slightest about modding, I will have to stick with just the one :smiley:

Hey there, thanks for the hard work put into this mod!
I’ve tried out Grim Dawn a few years ago and It appeared way too easy for me and I’ve heard that multiplayer is even easier. And tbh I just want to have fun and challenge right away instead of wasting time on an easy playthrough with the hope that it’ll become better later.
So I was thinking about suggesting my friends play some Grim Dawn on Halloween but with some difficulty mod slapped in for it to actually be challenging. Now I was reading through this mod’s patch notes and got confused, it seems like basic and advanced makes Normal actually easier? Or have I misunderstood it? There also no notes for Hell… So will you suggest using it or Normal + is still boring and easy even with it?
If that’s the case - maybe you can suggest something that can make a Normal + playthrough actually fun in coop?

I don’t think there is a current version of this mod. So you either need to find a different mod that makes things harder, or use the merits to skip Normal and jump right into Elite (assuming you have FG).

Oh, thanks for the tip! I was unaware of the merits, it seems that it’s easy to cheat them in without going through ultimate even once, so that’s a valid option, only hope that monsters will not be waaay to spongy on ultimate :smiley:

Don’t worry, they’re not.

Updated the mod… by starting from scratch. Now it’s fully compatible with the latest version of the game since I immensely simplified it.

It does one thing: Makes multiplayer gd harder. I touched normal difficulty the least, ultimate the most.

Let me know how it feels compared to vanilla, what size group you tested with. At the least, enemies in ultimate should die a bit slower in multiplayer in the higher difficulties.

So to be absolutely clear: If you play this mod solo, you will notice ZERO, NONE, NOOOOO changes.
I will see if I can do a clever means of scaling bosses separate from normal monsters with multiplayer difficulty. Unsure. If so it will be merged into Multiplus.

If not I will have to again tweak bosses individually (will take a simpler approach next time, at least at first) and make MultiPlusHell

2 Likes

Brother you thinking going back on this?

There’s so little interest in it, I’m not sure I have the motivation for the amount of work it’d take. The basic versions where I just changed multiplayer monster stat scaling work fine.

Later when I build a gaming PC and do a playthrough series coming back to gd I might take some notes on each boss though. If I did another attempt at this mod I’d want to really take my time updating bosses.

I mean, my last update got 0 replies. At its core, it’s just a very simple scaling changer for people who want to play with their friends and not absolutely curb stomp the game.

2 Likes

I am not against this idea.My brother finds dom and grim overwhelming because of the many classes so i have to play the standard game with him but i find it way to easy again so maybe to up it to 2-3x density and enemy scaling to play level would make it good.Don’t want to push it to hard cause my brothers a newby when it comes to grim :grin:

Maybe touching up monster density a bit more than it currently is, sure. But too much makes AoE builds more efficient than single target builds. I’m more a fan of touching up monster stat scaling.

More hero mobs spawn + harder hero mobs is fun tho.

2 Likes

Understandable.I play with 2x mob density in dom and aoe builds or magic users are a lot easier than melee.But i prefer melee pet builds for a good challenge when i upscale bosses.Yes i agree to scale the mobs rather than have 10x mobs density.

Hi, is this mod still working with the current version of Grim Dawn? I want to start playing with a friend and heard that makes the game boring easy. Thanks.

been playing through elite and ultimate and only the skeleton key bosses have been reallyyy hard,
really wish it was easier to mod these games to make it feel like there are 8+ players than already are or something , game is way too easy :frowning:

tried to get to this mod but i dont understand how to move my save to the mod save and from the mod save to the vanilla or if its even possible anymore … and it seems this mod no longer works?
thanks for making this mod and it was good while it lasted it seems!