[MOD] Grim Dawn Reborn

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

The limit was set to 2 because with enough cooldown reduction you could in theory have 2 with a few seconds apart. However Iā€™ll probably change it to 1 and make it last longer.

The idea behind Empower Minion was to provide a hybrid option for pet users, so basically you have to attack to give your pets a buff. The explanation on the transmute isnā€™t good and I apologize for that.

Also, player scaled pets donā€™t have global buffs like regular pets, so thereā€™s no ā€œbonus to petsā€ like stat for them. However they can (if enabled) receive aura buffs from players and other creatures. Currently only my soldier player scaled pets have this but Iā€™ll look into other pets too.

First iteration of my skeleton rework is coming with the next patch so should be fun (though they will still need work regarding their stats Iā€™m sure)

Hi LuxDelux,

I installed this promising mod recently, and iā€™ve had a problem today:

The Oathkeeperā€™s Aegis of Menhir skill makes the game crash in few seconds at best, more specifically after the pets spawn and start using their own shield, it seems.

Btw i just respecced this character from Eye of reckoning build, and i had no issue prior to that.
Itā€™s the 1st time Grim Dawn crashes on me, and using you mod was fine until i started using Aegis.

Edit: I did further tests, and i found that respeccing out of the 3rd node of the skill (Reprisal) fixed the crashes. Too bad, those pets throwing more shields around are fun.

Iā€™ve experienced crashes too but I canā€™t determine the source. I believe crashes appeared since last Grim Dawn update.

Interesting, Iā€™m noticing the crashing now too, didnā€™t have it before. Iā€™ll try to determine the source of this

Crashes appear a lot in Forgotten God Map (canā€™t play more than 5 minutes).
No crash in Vanilla map for 45 minutesā€¦

EDIT : First crash :frowning:
I was trying to pick up some item on the flour

Unfortunatly it means there are several sources of crashes, as mines happen in vanilla, only when using a specific skill node.
Lets hope there are no more sources than those 2, and that they can easily be fixed.

It seems the problem could come from the Rainbow item mod. People are reporting crashes with other mods using Rainbow mod.

For the Aegis crash the problem comes from the projectile type of the skill when its used by spawns (its basically the same as vanilla so Iā€™ve no idea why it happens). I tried changing it to a different projectile type and it doesnā€™t crash then. So Iā€™ll release a temporary workaround fix for that by the end of the week - together with the patch.

edit: unless Crate makes a hotfix before then that removes the issue by some magic

As for Rainbow, I donā€™t literally use the files of that mod. I simply copied tag values WareBare made for all the quality types. For example:

remdust={^a}Remnant Dust

The base game uses the same format for displaying all things in game. If that was causing issues then Vanilla would experience the same crashes probably.

Iā€™ve no idea if the separate Rainbow has anything special that would cause issues though (seems unlikely)

@Roniseyez if you can remember what skills or events happened around Vanilla crashing, make sure to report it to Crate, hopefully it can help them find the reasons faster :slight_smile:

@LuxDelux I think you misunderstood me when i talked about Vanilla. I meant the vanilla part of the map, as i was replying to Tatane who said his crashes only happen in Forgotten God map.
I just wanted to specify that my own crashes could happen anywhere, not only in FG map.

So to make it prefectly clear, the crashes only happen using your mod, and like we said specifically the 3rd node of the Aegis skill (Reprisal) when the spawns use their own shield atk.

Sorry for the confusion. Btw glad to hear you found a workaround.

Ah ok thanks for clarifying. Important thing is the crashing gets fixed and that Crate pushes fixes for the new stuff which is understandable with big patches that change the core game.

Just to make sure, iā€™ve tested another toon who isnā€™t using your Reborn mod. Heā€™s specced into Aegis (all 3 nodes) as well. And as i suspected it doesnā€™t crash.

It looks as if your modded Reprisal node has some conflicts with the latest version of the game.
I doubt Crate will fix anything if the unmodded version works fine.

Actually the thing that seems to crash the game is when my spawns use the default aegis skill. Iā€™ve tested the spawn procs with them using other skills and then it works fine.

The Aegis projectile type I suspect has something hardcoded which doesnā€™t take into account so many uses and I guess it breaks with the latest update.

The fix changes the projectile type so their throws wonā€™t chain, but I added an explosion radius + shield fragments and it basically feels the same.

2.2 released, Aegis summons shouldnā€™t crash the game now
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/71?tab=files or https://www.dropbox.com/s/zq82pamsfixf9a5/gdreborn_2.2.zip?dl=0

• Necromancer Skeleton line completely changed. You now have an option of 5 different summons.
  • Skeleton Warriors and Archers perform the same until level 12 when they get new abilities and weapons. Warriors especially get awesome!
  • Skeleton Mages split into 3 versions: Fire, Ice and Lightning. Each has 2 awesome abilities
  • All of the skellies get an extra summon at 12 and 22. More item modifications will come in the future.
  • All skellies base damage and themes (except Fire and Lightning) are oriented towards cold damage

• Soldier summon warrior procs from Field Command split into separate skills.
  • Footmen and Marksmen are player scaled summons with life! They visually upgrade at lvl 12
  • Your aoe buffs like Field Command are transferred to the summons
  • Passive Veterancy was merged into Military Conditioning

• Multiple toggled buffs modified to include either Reflect protection and various pet bonuses. More will come in future patches
  • Blood of Dreeg is now a toggle

• Remnants now always drop Remnant Dust (with a version for each difficulty). This will be used as a currency for a special vendor where youā€™ll be able to gamble for various Remnant related items including Relics. Vendor will be added in future patches.
  • Remnants can now drop Remnant Engravings from lvl 50+. These are special augments that grant +1 to one class skill (versions for all class skills added). They can be applied to head, hand, shoulder and chest armor.
  • Remnants can now also appear as special enemy groups with a boss Remnant. The chance for encounter increases with each difficulty. Currently supported are Skeletons, Zombies and Slith

• With the latest official patch Oathkeeper Aegis summons caused crashes when using their skill. This has been temporarily fixed by changing the type of projectile their shield throw uses. This removes the chain ability however the strike now has an aoe radius and it splinters.

• With many fast, permanent player scaled summons, retaliation on monsters, even weak ones, can quickly kill you without you even realizing it. Thus Retaliation on monsters was modified by -100%, effectively removing it. Reflect is untouched and will also be added to monsters that only had retal (some had both) to even the odds in future patches. Also planned is adding various damaging abilities or extra spawns on hit for the same monsters to make them more challenging and fun.

• Various other fixes and improvements
1 Like

Thanks for the patch !
Question : I level up Cold Mages at 14/12 and I only get one mage. Is it normal ?

Yes, mages you get 2 at lvl 22. This might change with items Iā€™ll be adding later

Iā€™m still crashing vey often with my Occultist/Necro.
Here are the skills Iā€™m using :

• Doom Bolt
  • Curse of Frailty + Vulnerability
  • Solaelā€™s Witchfire + Summon Titan
  • Sigil of Consumption + Destruction
  • Void Shift + Feast of Crows

Iā€™ve been running around with the same skill setup you listed, using all skills, summons out, not a single crash killing a bunch of skeletons and beginning of Forgotten Gods.

Do you have any items modifying the skills used?

_RebornZZZZZ.zip (266.6 KB)

With my savegame, it will be easier for you to debug.

I can see the char in the menu but when loading it simply starts at lvl 1 as a fresh character. Iā€™ve no idea if thereā€™s anything specific we need to do when loading mod saves.