A class, skill, itemization, loot and monster encounter overhaul, including new skills and visuals while staying true to each class identity.
Almost every skill has been reworked, staying true to existing class themes. The idea wasn’t to just make tons of new skills or classes but to actually provide fun and interesting combinations of builds.
From many player scaled pets to awesome volcanoes, you’ll have plenty to work with. Classes and skills are continuously updated based on player feedback.
- Almost all skills revamped, with various devotion like procs baked into their modifiers (which scale with modifier level) - doesn’t interfere with regular devotion skills!
- Lots of new skills, including leap slams, cyclones, volcanoes etc. etc.
- Visual effects changed for a lot of skills, especially buffs and toggles, with a goal to make everything more epic but also visually appealing
- Totems have no cooldowns and are instead balanced around their count and damage
- Exclusive Skills offer more damage conversion options depending on the class flavor.
- Balanced around vanilla damage values (open for feedback and improvements) with slightly increased monster health and defense
- Each class has minor resistance bonuses in line with their damage type orientation and slight max res bonuses at level 50
- Each class now has an immortal player scaled pet skill similar to Guardian of Empyrion, some stronger than others.
- And much much more
Killing monsters has a chance to spawn a remnant version on death, a powerful, monochromatic, hero like variant of the same monster type. Remnants have a small chance of dropping Legacy of the Remnant, a powerful relic with a summon (pet scaled or player scaled) of that same monster type.
Kill normal skeletons -> skeletal remnant spawns -> kill remnant -> drop relic -> use relic to summon a special skeletal minion.
The idea is to make killing normal mobs of enemies more fun and worthwile.
As of writing this only Zombies, Skeletons, Slith and Wendigo can spawn Remnants. The plan is to make almost all enemies do so, however it takes a lot of time. It’s a system with great potential and will be continually expanded with each patch.
Artifacts are weapons that don’t have initial flat damage built in, however they provide various bonuses and procs not found on other weapons. Currently there is only one variant: Ancient Crystal that can drop with a powerful area proc attack, with a variant for each damage type.
They will also be expanded with class specific skills. Currently only Shaman has an ability (you can buy a basic Ancient Crystal at the merchants), with more to be added with each patch.
I have many plans for artifacts and any feedback is welcome.
To me, psychologically, Epics always felt subpar, with fixed stats and squeezed in between potentially powerful rares and amazing legendaries.
Now, from monsters of lvl 50 and above, Epics have a chance to drop with a Legendary Prefix from a pool of custom made bonuses, with a potential of becoming best items for your build!
More prefixes for epics will be added over time with new patches!
On Ultimate difficulty you may now encounter a Scavenger of Riches, a powerful Chthonian enemy that really loves loot. Can you find one, kill it and claim it’s riches?
On other difficulties you won’t encounter them in the wild, but killing Remnants has a small chance of spawning a Scavenger!
Numerous tweaks, both visual and mechanical have been implemented.
- Variation of the Rainbow filter implemented for item drops
- Equalization of loot table weights, meaning you now have better chances of getting different rares, epics or legendaries with each drop.
- Nemesis chests on Ultimate always drop at least 1 legendary
- Devotion Shrines are now all corrupted (except the unique specific ones like the Mogdrogen shrine)
- Enemy spawns slightly increase with player level, in addition to difficulty type (this will be further modified as we all see fit)
- And much much more
All aspects of the mod will be updated with future patches which I plan to continue doing as long as time permits
- Expanding the Remnants to all monsters in the game
- Expanding the Artifacts with new procs, skills, legendaries and epics!
- Adding new skills and improving those that need it, especially the pets!
- Reworking Devotion skills where needed
- Reworking item skills to make them more juicy
- Adding new items and also rare prefixes and suffixes
- And whatever else comes to mind
Requires Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods expansions
If updating, simply replace all the old files and your saves will be fine. You only need the latest version of the mod.
Drop the contents from the file into your Grim Dawn mods folder
Usually something like SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods
Run Custom Game, select gdreborn
Huge thanks to Crate Entertainment for making an awesome old school action rpg and for continued development. You guys are awesome.
Thanks to WareBare for doing a lot of work on the Rainbow Filter [Tool] Rainbow Filter (Item Highlighting) of which parts were implemented in this mod
PS. big thanks to Rinswind for major feedback and ideas over on the Discord.
Thanks for checking out the mod!