[Mod] Grim Harvest - Boss & Crowd Multiplier + Boss Respawn

Is hero density under crowd density or is it unaffected?

There are a few heroes affected by boss density, mainly the ones with fixed spawn. You can chech the list of affected bosses in the OP.
Everything else is under crowd density.

Replace the script.arc file with the one in the attached file for MP.

scripts.zip (30.4 KB)

EDIT: The NPC now moves to you when you use the item again.

Would there be a way to make this work with DoM?

If you merge it into DoM to make a new mod, yes. Otherwise, no. Can only play one mod at a time.

DOM already support density increase up 10.

I am not interested in combining it with other mods.

But feel free to merge it on your own, you will only have add the script files and the files from boss&quest folder, and the npc ofc. Nemesis might be a bit trickier, idk.

I have a major bugā€¦ the red orb activates while loading and I get a thousand copies of the npc which kills frame rate. I have 3000 red orbs in inventory now. Repeats every time I load now. It first happened during gameplay I was running around leaving a trail of the npc until the framerate killed my game. Is it possible to remove the red orb and npc and just edit a file? Playing with Xbox controller if it matters.

Thanks for the report.

Does it happen during any loading screen? Are you in MP game?

It happened after my char got to level 10 oath keeper or so and now does it anytime I load that char. Playing single player.

Thank you for the quick reply, although i like Grimmest i feel this is way better and for some weard reason more fun. I dont think i ever had so much fun getting out of the main town with x13 density on a hardcore character. But thank you again i will try to read up some stuff since there are a few things id like to integrate for myself into some mods, like chance to spawn a nemesis from gdreborn which sadly was discontinued.

Just as an update I limited my frame rate to refresh rate and it seems to have fixed it. (was getting thousands of FPS during loading, now locked at 60 fps).

Great to hear you found a solution.

Sometime tomorrow I will be doing an update, so you could unlock it again. Just stuck in a retesting phase :smiley:

Updated:

• Multiplayer should work now. Only host can set densities
  • Added a feature to replace most enemeis with a specific one, in order to farm some hard to get MIs. For details you can check the ā€œMIā€ tab in the excell table
  • bug fix to Grim Harvester item
1 Like

Does not put the item in the inventory on my second transferred character. Did with the first one after a half hour of fuckery. There has to be a better way to get the player the activation item.

I will see if there is a way to simplify it, but might be a while as I donā€™t have access to the tools for a bit

1 Like

No worries take your time. When it did work, it worked well.

Add this skill to the talent skill tree of character data. This eliminates the need to initialize the item.

This is what I modified:
GrimHarvest.zip (399.6 KB)

image :ghost:

1 Like

Just a big thank you for this mod. It really cuts down on the tedium of getting some specific items. After spending like 10 hours running Dreven Cole for Decree of Malmouth and getting 3 absolutely garbage rolled ones (seriously, every single one of them is near the very bottom of the range on all relevant statsā€¦), I can just speedfarm the item with this for at least an averagely rolled one. You still have to fight/kill the bosses, so it doesnā€™t feel as ā€œcheatyā€ as just fishing one out of GDStash :slight_smile: You just donā€™t have to do kill-reload-runback for 3 minutes, repeat ad infinitum.

Although Iā€™d only really recommend using it on a ā€œfinishedā€ character. Or you are going to ruin your reputation/infamy progression (when farming bosses). I also disable auto-pickup materials and only get the item Iā€™m after. Bosses have a tendency to drop a rare materials and blueprints on kill, so Iā€™d stock up on too many and get all the blueprints too easily. I just want a decent roll of the item I got screwed over 3 times on by RNG :face_vomiting:

1 Like

GL and have fun with the build with the new item

Latest update is out

• Updated for GD 1.2
  • fixed target farm for Animated Preservers with Burning/Storm Halberd nor working
  • Summon Grim Harvester is now available as a skill and can be assigned to the skill bar. Previously this was bound to an item.
  • New feature added that allows players to dynamically change the difficulty. You can have a Ultimate Veteran like experience, bump it up anywhere from SR 50 to 90 levels or even have them combined. These will persist between sessions untill changed/turned off. They DO NOT affect item drop rates or increase spawns.
2 Likes