[Mod] Grim Harvest - Boss & Crowd Multiplier + Boss Respawn

Hey man, maybe i’m just really stupid, downloaded the last version but i do not have the skill to summon the grim upon creating a new character in the customgame of the mod.

I also just installed the mod, no summon grim harvester skill. Created both a new character and used the save link for my main campaign character, no skill on either.

@pablo0713 @Vexi
Double checked and definitely works.

Check you have the mod installed correctly. This is what you should have as folder structure:

GD Install folder/mods/GrimHarvest
There you should have 2 folders: database and resources.

A common incorrect folder path would look like this, where the mod name appears twice
GD Install folder/mods/GrimHarvest/GrimHarvest

Besides that, it is checking you are placing the mod in the install folder, not where the saves are stored in Documents. And selecting the mod under Custom Game.

Haha, I figured it out. It was properly installed, but inside the rar the folder is “Grim Harvest”, if you remove the space from the folder name, the skill appears properly!. Really wierd, the mod appears in custom games in both cases, but only works properly if you change the name of the folder. I would recommend re-uploading with the folder name change to avoid confusion!

Darn spaces :smiley:
Fixed it on the link, thanks

Will you have 1.1.9.8 version as well?

I will check if google drive has the old version, but there are no plans to support the one for 9.8 or bring new features to it.

Or you can use 1.2 which should work on any game version. You will have to deal with the massive disadvantage of MIs having 100% drop instead of 5%, arcane heroes probably also dont work and maybe few other monster skills

I keep getting “Cannot create a file when that file already exists” even though I deleted the entire save directory for grim dawn (211990 folder) and yet it still says that message when I try to do the mklink.

Sounds like you have both paths pointing to the same location. On goes to SAVE folder, other to MAIN.

Other option being you have to swap their places.

Also judging by the filder you mentioned, you might be using cloud saves.
Not sure how this method woukd work out with cloud saves. For local it works.

If you decide to switch to local saves, there is a post to follow on how to move the saves.

I see, I missed the main/user folder difference. How do I have the same character name in both folders though? For local saves would the same character already be in both folders?

C:\Windows\System32>mklink /D “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\84600902\219990\remote\save\main_Eldritch” "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\84600902\219990\remote\save\user(what do I put here?)
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

As you can see, for the “user” folder, I don’t have the same character there, so do I make a character first with the same name and make the link or in a local save would it already exist there?

The command basically creates a shortcut to you main character. It MUST NOT exist in the second location.
You copy the path to the file location in save/main.
For your second link you change main to user.

C:\Windows\System32>mklink /D “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\84600902\219990\remote\save\main_Eldritch” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\84600902\219990\remote\save\user_Eldritch”

Cannot create a file when that file already exists. - Still getting this, I’m guessing it’s probably due to it being a cloud save. I’ll try converting to local

So from what I understand, this is how the command should look?

You are missing a \ before _Eldritch

1 Like

Sorry, seems like when I used the blockquote feature it removed that lol.

I do have it included in the command I’m using. I’m just going to try a local save and if I get the same error maybe just uninstall Steam and try it on a different drive lol. Thank you.

Go to that location and see what you have there.
Maybe you missed the message when it got created.

Nope, nothing was in there even. I did a clean install of the game and deleted the folder, launched the game, got the folder back, and tried running the command, still didn’t work. Same exact error.

Appreciate your assistance though.

I got back home and got a better look at the command you are using.
You had the paths the wrong way around.

Here is the latest 9.8. version I have.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16AlyMWl8vAOZrt54Lul2cpBz7Y7ZA_xZ?usp=sharing

1 Like

Thanks ALOT =)
Will be great while waiting for ppl to update/upgrade their mods to 1.2.

EDIT: The folder is empty?

Huh, must have deleted it by accident. It is restored now.

1 Like