[Mod] Grim Harvest - Boss & Crowd Multiplier + Boss Respawn

Features
  • Player will be given an item upon loading a character. Use it to spawn The Grim Harvester, talk to them to set mod settings.
  • You can set crowd density: 2x, 3x, 5x, 7x, 11x, 13x
  • You can set boss density: 2x, 3x, 5x, 7x, 11x, 13x
  • You can set boss respawn on death: 2x, 3x, 5x, 7x, 11x, 13x, 17x, 19x, 23x, 29x, 31x
    This setting is multiplicative with boss density. Setting them respectively to 3 and 5, will mean you have to kill 3x5 bosses.
  • Some chest will also be multiplied
  • Can replace most enemies on the map with a specific one.
  • Can dynamically add difficutly modifiers like Veteran and/or SR 50-90 difficulty
  • Settings are saved on per character , per difficutly basis

For a complete list of affected bosses and chests: click here

Installation and Download

Grim Harvest for version GD 1.2. : onedrive

Installation:

• Download the mod
  • Navigate to Grim Dawn install directory → mods folder
  • Place the downloaded archive file in the mod folder
  • Right click on the archive and user “Extract Here” option
  • Start Grim Dawn, on the left side, click Main Campaign > Custom Game select “GrimHarvest” and press Accept.
  • Create a new character or refer to “Using Main Campaign Characters”
  • Refer to ReadMe file for any difficulties playing the mod
How to Use Main Campaign Characters

Using your main campaign characters in custom games. Items and changes you make in custom games will persist for the main campaign, so be careful what mods you play.

For windows users, start command prompt and use the following command:
mklink /D “Path to save folder\Grim Dawn\save\user\_Name” “Same path\Grim Dawn\save\main\_Name”

Example:
mklink /D “C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\user\_Leiurus the Deathstalker” “C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main\_Leiurus the Deathstalker”

We will apply the command in a similar way for the formulas file. This way we will mirror our blueprint collection from main campaign. Newly learned blueprint will transfer over to main campaign. Starting the desired mod first, will create the “Mod_Folder”. Then apply the command:
mklink “Path to save folder\Grim Dawn\save\Mod_Folder\formulas.gst” “Path to save folder\Grim Dawn\save\formulas.gst”

Example:
mklink “C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\GrimHarvestFG\formulas.gst” “C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\formulas.gst”

For hardcore, the file is “formulas.gsh”.

Bonus Pics

Spoils of War | Our Friends At Devil’s Crossing Might Be in Danger

2 Likes

Interesting. I’ll have to try this out.

Updated for 1.1.4.0

I really like your mod, however I encountered a bug, so I took the time to check your files and found 2 things:

In the nemesis_aetherialvanguard_01.dbr, instead of respawning aleksander you are spawning reaper
In the grundleplith.dbr, the onDie entry is missing (not supposed to respawn?)

Thank you for the bug report and determining the source of the problem :slight_smile:
I have done an update with both enemies respawning correctrly.

nice, thanks for the update

I love your mod it really helps farming items and reputation.
However, killing the same enemy 25 times gets a bit boring.
Could you also make a version where they only respawn 9 times?
Or a version where you always fight 2 at the same time?

Updated for 1.1.4.1.
Added Early Harvest version, 8 boss kills needed to progress. Chest rewards rescaled.

Nice!!!

Enjoying grim harvest mod. Going to try this one but How to transfer save items?

Using main campaign character in custom games is covered in the installation and dowload section.

I have tried this mod, and managed to get everything up and running. At least I think so. But no heroes seems to be respawning? If that is what they are supposed to do? I have done 6 runs of SoT, and met with Moose 3 times, however, neither he nor Lord Alkamos seemingly fight me more than once? At least, I kill them once, but thats it. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Updated for new bosses and dungeon in 1.1.5.0
More updates likely to come out with GD hot fixes.

No update was needed for 1.1.5.1 :slight_smile:

Hey, I really enjoy the mod. Any chance of updating it? Certain enemies don’t drop the gear they’re supposed to (for instance, Bane’Gargoth drops the Obsidian Bulwark and the Obsidian Defender instead of the Bane’Gargoth’s Shard).

An update is planned after last game patch is released.

3 Likes

Updated for 1.1.9.1 and opening post edited.

2 Likes

Tried this in multiplayer. When you use a rift or enter a cave the script triggers infinitely. You get a stack of essence of the grim harvest and leave a trail of NPCs behind you. Any idea what’s causing this?

I was wondering when a post like this will come up :rofl: .
Mod is created for single player farming, I never got around to seeing how it will behave in MP.

MP could be address in a next update.

Do you get this behaviour in 1 man MP game or more people are needed?

Only when two or more players are present.
Figure it’s got something to do with the “local” statement in the .lua