Grim Dawn

Summary
Stopped responding and was closed

Date
‎5/‎23/‎2021 2:07 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\x64\Grim Dawn.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Grim Dawn.exe
Application Version: 0.3.0.0
Application Timestamp: 60654a3f
Hang Signature: 690f
Hang Type: 134217728
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 690f8abf574c041335a3cde32e755a13
Additional Hang Signature 2: 5401
Additional Hang Signature 3: 5401244c209e3fcd9f6b94d5b00dd666
Additional Hang Signature 4: 690f
Additional Hang Signature 5: 690f8abf574c041335a3cde32e755a13
Additional Hang Signature 6: 5401
Additional Hang Signature 7: 5401244c209e3fcd9f6b94d5b00dd666

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 723aad762a50ac9d415018995dadce76 (1247524143762361974)

a clipboard copy of the windows reliability monitor dump of the crash
using steam version of the game
using grim internals, playing dawn of masteries as a fangshi / anchorite character, had no problems untill later on in the game, then it began constantly crashing every 5 minutes or so.
game seems more stable when running x32 version but the loading times become ~5 times longer and game keeps freezing for 2 seconds every 10 seconds or so and game is almost unplayable without grim internals with grimmest spawns

pc specs:

CPU: ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: amd 5700xt
ram : 32gb ddr4 (forgot frequency)
ssd : nvme .m2 samsung 970 evo pro

tried validating files, reinstalling the game, reinstalling the mods, disabling firewall, reinstalling steam, nothing seemed to work

The crash report goes to Crate, so I won’t see that (not that it would be of much use to me).

Can’t do anything about random crashes, if you have a repeatable one (whenever I use skill X while having item Y equipped…) then maybe I can find a cause, otherwise there is nothing to look into.

Try disabling item tooltips if you have not already done so.

thanks for the quick answer, trying now to respec everything and take out some weird items from the build to pinpoint the culprit

EDIT: item tooltips seemed to have solved the issue, thanks a lot!

I’m gonna try and finish all the new D2 class combos today. :triumph:

Hey @mamba, any chance for adding the GrimHarvest mod to your superb creation? :thinking:

Grimmest is already a part of DoM - sounds like a conflict in the making.

If you look at both you can see that they touch upon alot of the same things.

[Mod] Grim Harvest - Boss & Crowd Multiplier + Boss Respawn

[MOD] Grimmest FG 1.0

Yeah, Grimmest is something similar, but GrimHarvest have “numbers” in mod description, Grimmest have names.

Anyway, Dawn of Masteries should have one of above, that have the biggest possible numbers.

Yeaaaaa… not seeing how that’s an argument for.

Grimmest has been around much longer and it’s been in DoM the whole time. Why would he change it now? Nothing against Grim Harvest but I would think you would need a much better reason than the fact that you just “don’t like the description”.

I just pointed out that I can’t make the comparision between the two mods by the numbers, so I don’t know wich one is biggest.

And there is no “don’t like the description” reason, that’s just your misinterpretation.

The chance is slim, I do want to see how the mod has done this though

Well I’ve finished filling in the class tree. :smiley: It was pretty fun. Any of my additions are the dark purple so…alter them as you see fit.

For the very beginning though there are a few empties for rune master and some repeats in orange, should I just change those as well?

All duplicates should be orange, otherwise I missed it. As mentioned, if you want to propose an alternative, put it in the lower triangle.

wow, you have been busy. Thanks, will take a look :wink:

Any repeat that wasn’t in orange I just left alone. Not sure if the orange background ones meant I needed to propose an alternative…if it was orange (99% of the time it was a repeat) I just completely replaced it then highlighted it purple…whoops :sweat_smile: .

And np, I enjoy coming up with these names and it makes combining classes in game more exciting for me :smile:

hi whats the difference with version 1.06 and 1.07 and the changes as well cheers argus21

I’m no expert poster

You can see that under Versions in the OP, or in the post fro the new version itself

it’s complicated :smiley:

Grimmest does not increase the bosses at all. Grimmest also only doubles mob spawn rate. So on that front Grim Harvest wins.

Grimmest however increases the hero spawns a lot more than Grim Harvest does (it only increases them as a result of increasing all mobs, not separately) and with the changes I made to Grimmest, Grimmest also spawns a lot of bosses in game, not just where you would otherwise encounter them.
So I’d say if you play through the game at high settings, you will find a better mix in Grimmest while you get either swamped in mobs or bosses (depending on location) in Grim Harvest.

So all in all I like the Grimmest approach better. I might add some additional spawns to bosses at higher settings, will see about that.

1 Like

And that’s what I’m looking forward to it.

Thanks!

It may just be on one character but I get a lot of Gutworm’s Bloody Seal drops, I maybe the only amulet that drops for me.

I’ve gotten a few hundred across play throughs… just figured it was because of the general rarity of other dropped blues and purples in this mod.

Dawn of Masteries 1.0.8 released

Diablo 3 updated to 3.7, Sparker updated to 1.3

7 Likes