[Mod] Grim Legion

Grim Legion

Improvements/Changes

[size=4][color=#ffd966]Updated to V0.50 for Forgotten Gods

[/color][/size]
General

• Maximum level has been increased to 100.
  • Devotion shrines have all been activated on all difficulties so there is the same amount per difficulty now.
  • Devotion Increased to 60 points total.
  • Devotion shrines have all been changed to corrupted spawners and have no item requirement anymore to complete them.
  • Masteries can go up to a max rank of 72 for each class.
  • Attribute points have been changed to 2 per level instead of 1. Each point increases stats by 3 instead of 8.
  • Hp per stats has been adjusted accordingly.
  • Skillpoints per level have been increased to 4 up too level 25, 3 skillpoints from there on afterwards.
  • All Auras have been changed to be a maximum of 25 yards to make ranged chars in multiplayer able to be supported even farther away
  • Auras have also received a bunch of tweaks making them a bit more desirable. (Hopefully)
  • Mastery abilities have been tweaked with more scaling as per ranking them up. The most notable of changes are in the Arcanist,Shaman and Occultist
  • Mob density has been increase about 1.5-2 times the normal amount, most of which is on “star” mobs and less on just overall fodder
  • Damaged has been modified to be about 20% less on both players and monsters to balance the fact that there is a lot more going on.
  • Shops sell oils and has a increased inventory.
  • Soulbound has been removed from all items.
  • 2Handed damage modifier changed from 1 to 1.2
  • Boss Spawns modified
  • Experience has been decreased by about 40-60% (Yet still feels like your leveling ridiculously fast)
  • Monsters no longer have a level cap on a per area basis
  • Difficulties have been modified for loot drops and damage ranges of monsters.
  • 2 New superbosses have been added in ultimate difficulty
    [/ul]Classes

Soldier

[ul]
  • Force-wave replaced with Seismic Slam.
  • Cadence replaced with Shield-bash.
  • Passives have been reworked a bit to be more pleasing.
  • Offensive and defensive stance have been increased overall
  • Hammers have been added and have sets and items to improve them (Cap 26 hammers at a time)
    [/ul]
    Demolitionist

[ul]
  • Flame-touched has also been made a 25 yard aura and has been “touched” up a bit. (Couldnt find the bugger before)
  • Thermite mines have been reworked into a lighting nova trap and the AoE burn from before changed and integrated into its modifier.
  • Has replaced flashbang for a tier 1 ability and has been re-scaled as such.
  • A new ability “Calldown” has been added and takes Thermite mines place on the tree. Calldown also has a modifier to go with it.
  • Base 30 second cooldown, drops 800 shells in 5 seconds over a tight area (Quite visually demanding.
  • Modifier enhances the amount of shells that come down over a larger area. Increases the cooldown and lowers total damage that scales
  • back to normal with higher ranks.
  • Thermite mines have been rescaled to be less crazy. Hellfire still stays the same. (This is to make up for alot of the devotions that can be linked and abused with them)
    [/ul]
    Shaman

[ul]
  • Chainlightning has replaces savagery in the Shaman tree.
  • **The transmuter changes the way the spell acts and give it a bit more AoE and burst damage but requires a caster offhand.
  • Torrent was replaced by strike of the bear and is a on hit physical area of effect that slows.
  • Storm Totem transmuter has been reworked to change the way the totem acts, as well as change the damage conversion to elemental.
  • **Stormtotem has been altered mana cost wise to be a little less spamming with lower mana pools.
  • **Total amount you can have active changed to allow 4 at max rank. (5 at max Ultimate rank)
  • **Pet spawn life scaling 12-18. (22 at max Ultimate rank)
  • **New level 50 modifier added to decrease cooldown up too 100% at rank 8 with increased mana costs. (2% mana reduction starting rank 9+ Ultimates)
  • Insect Swarm has been brought back to its glory replacing grasping vines.
  • **Has received a transmuter for life leech and increased area of effect for damage loss.
  • **Received the 2 skill modifiers that were in the game a long time ago edited and with a few new extras.
  • Maelstrom Javelin has been added… reworked… rebalanced… so on so forth. (Its more of a constant dps option to chainlightning which doesn’t work as well against one target thanks to its cooldown.)
    [/ul]

Occultist

[ul]
  • Occultist can now have 2 Hellhounds after 16+ skill points invested.
  • **Emberclaw has been made to scale on mobs hit per rank.
  • **Hellhound has a new type that can spawn at 16+ that is Acid based with new attacks.
  • Summon familiar can now have 3 summons out max by rank 16 (2 at rank 9)
  • **Mend has reduced effectiveness because of this
  • **New type of bird can spawn after 16+ that has increased all around stats and shotguns more.
  • Doombolt has been changed to make up for monster density increase.
  • **Base area of effect has been increased slightly.
  • **Cooldown per rank reduced.
  • **Transmuter has been added to reduce cooldown further as well as increase damage for practically the remove of its AoE component.
    [/ul]

Arcanist

[ul]
  • Skyshard has been changed and been granted a mastery rank 50 skill modifier.
  • **Skyshard now only drops one comet with a increased size and huge area of effect. Effects have also been altered for impact.
  • **Rank 50 modifier has been added to have a chance of removing the cooldown and adding fragments to the chaos.
  • **Freeze duration on frozen core increased as well as added scaling.
  • **Cooldown increased to 10 seconds.
  • Devastation has been altered to make it a bit more enjoyable to rank up.
  • **Meteor fall rate changed from flat 0.2 to scaling 0.5-0.2 (0.18 at Ultimate rank 26)
  • **Duration increased to 7 seconds from 5.
  • ** Mana cost greatly increased.
  • **Area of effect and splash radius increased per rank.
  • **Cooldown has been changed to 14 seconds.
  • Replicating missle hit radius has been increased by 50% (No more flying by someones head or shoulder and missing)
  • **Regular fragments and Ather fragments have increased hit radius by 33%
  • **Regular and Ather fragments have decreased traveling range and move about 40% slower
    [/ul]

Necromancer

[ul]
  • Summon Skeletons have been reworked, Weights have been edited so all 4 should end up around 25/25/25/25 by Ult level26
  • **Icemages now replace skeleton warriors at 16+
  • **New transmuter “Raging Berserkers” have been added increasing spawn max to 20 and only allowing base skeleton warriors.
  • **Second modifier now increases burst spawn amount as well as the max count. Reduces mana cost per level as well.
  • Drain life now hits more targets base and hits more max as you level it up.

Devotion

• Reworked how some abilities work with the modded skills. A lot of overpowered combinations with the newly added trees and skills like Thermite mines have been taken off of the base Template for “linking”
  • Tsunami has been giving a re-look at distance … scaling … and cooldown to make it more of a option for longer ranged… and kite based classes
  • Few defense devotions have had their proc coefficient changed to be a bit more up to snuff.
  • New “Hawk” set linked to marauders and the empowered version.

Changelog:

[b]V0.15[/b]
[ul]
[li][b]Reworked drops (components drop less)[/b][/li]
[li][b]**Broken items reduced/removed[/b][/li]
[li][b]Less fodder spawns in ultimate and elite[/b][/li]
[li][b]New Necromancer skeleton transmuter and icemages[/b][/li]
[li][b]Nightblade's shadow strike has a new transmuter[/b][/li]
[li][b]Replicating missile has been made to feel better[/b][/li]
[li][b]Base class auras are set too 25 meters again[/b][/li]
[li][b]Oleron's Hammer cap increased to 26, Stun chance nerfed.[/b][/li]
[li][b]Particle fixes.. slowing down grimdawns memory leak issue.[/b][/li]
[li][b]Bunch of other stuff i didn't keep track of.[/b][/li]
[/ul]

[b]V0.13[/b]
[ul]
[li][b]Ancient Grove has been fixed.[/b][/li]
[/ul]

[b]V0.12[/b] 
[ul]
[li][b]StasherV7 implemented into the mod now. All CFTX's classes have been removed[/b]. [/li]
[li][b]Overhauls on a lot of the skills.. reworked items and some sets.. and all the base stuff put back into the mod for the expansion.[/b][/li]
[li][b]Kraken and Galakros have been made into superbosses in ultimate.[/b][/li]
[li][b]Huge bunch of other crap added and done as well.... didn't keep a log.. was doing it for me.[/b][/li]
[/ul]

TEMP~~~~~~~~~~~

Download Link
http://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/9/?

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/grim-dawn-grim-legion-mod/ (Might not be always up to date.)

Forums\Credits

StasherV7

TL;DR Installation
Create a “mods” folder in your Grim Dawn main directory so it looks similar “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods” and drag and drop the “Grim Legion” Folder inside and start the game as normal. When inside the game on the main menu look for custom campaign and select Grim legion.world001 and start the game with your new character.

Attachment: Calldown.jpg
Attachment: Masteries.jpg
Attachment: Purple forked lightning.jpg

Chain lightning? I know someone who is going to be very happy about this.

Also no working folder? What the hell? Guys upload your working folders somewhere damn it!

The more effort someone has to go through to rip someone else’s work, the better

Elemental Overload can be gotten with one point in the mastery and Chain-Lightning, but graphically is placed as 15th level skill.

Right forgot to edit the tier level on that one… i probably should check that out >.<

Edit: Okay i reuploaded the file with the tier fix for that ability

Looking at the Chain Lightning got me inspired to take a 2nd look at making my own custom skills it took me a few hours of wasting my time with in’s and outs. was able to figure out the following =

1. Moving skills on the skilltrees to where ever I want.
  2. linking skills.
  3. making my own attacks. ( I made my own chain lightning but for the arcanist tree that requires a caster off-hand and wand )

Cftx did an awesome job via PM’s about Skill Icons so now i can add that truly personal touch to my overhaul, Today’s been long but awesome, I know this is all random but just saying thanks for the push lol.

Nice. Yeah there is some serious stuff going on in the modding department that im really looking forward to. Some total conversions … some overhauls … mostly i hated savagery so i wanted to replace it with a different ability that gave the shaman something other then storm totem for a caster skill. I’m really excited that people who have alot more talent and practice then me are making some cool stuff to look forward too. Eventually ill probably ask to add some masteries and make more of a complication mod of peoples work and keeping it light… let all of us know how you do with your ability creation and overhaul ZaKaRune!

Is it possible to merge this mod with Coronus mod or could You share assets for this?

Yes i will probably be adding the masteries in once they are a bit more complete… or ill add them in with grimmest once its at v7 … that was the plan anyways.

(A bit overhauled necromancer… and its ranger counterpart has been added so far)
((GRIMMEST as well since it does fix alot of the spawn problems … thanks to jiacos great dedication to his mod)

So it’s now Grim Legion combined with Necromancer+Ranger+Grimmest mod? Wow thanks a lot :slight_smile:

ps. How is xp amount esablish right now? Before Grimmer had half a cut, Your mod had 40-60&.

Do You consider to add Coronus class ?

Edit: Spoke too soon like a jerk and realized you can sign up for free. Will be trying this later. Thank you!

Hey Deathbit, thx a lot for this mod, many interesting new skills to try.

I have found one weird thing, when in login screen, my character does wear neither the weapon I have ingame nor the armor.

Looking forward for updates.

Hello
It would be possible to have your mods without Grimmest plz.
Because I have a small PC and makes me Grimmest row
thank you in advance

Do the Thermite Mines scale? My tooltip at level one looks the same as what it says level two would be.

Edit: N.M., two points is the same, three is more.

Yeah i have no idea whats up with the chars at the loading screen … most of the items have been edited… and i quess its being finicky?

(Ah right okay so what it is … is since every mastery tree has been changed to allow a maximum of 72 points… and replaced the old one… at the mod start up and on the screen it doesn’t register that you have enough stat points to put that gear on… so it shows as if it would be “red” in the inventory slot… till you get in the game. It should fix itself later … since my level 91 calidors tempest devastation char has all her gear on … but my low levels do not.)

Just fixed this thanks… thermitemines_02 was using a level 1 version of the ability … instead of 2 … and was fixed going onto the 3rd point… so thats done

This is pretty fun, trashing large packs of mobs with Thermite Mines and Chain Lightning!

How do I get the Ranger and Necromancer classes to show up? They’re not in the class list when I hit level 2. Do I have to D/L the other mode and merge it somehow?

So Depressing…Why did you give Chain Lightning a cooldown and then decide not to allow the transmuter to remove the cooldown.
How low does the cooldown get as I notice it does go down when leveling the skill?

Also I notice it doesn’t always chain, so what is the % chance that it has to chain. Doesn’t seem to say in skill description.

It’s not “doesn’t always chain”, it just the main skill and its modifier act separately and thus the modifier can kill the target before the “main” chain.

Make sure you have the resource folder as well as the database folder in the right spot. Its working for me … and needs the ui.arc to function.