[Mod] Grim QOL

THIS MOD IS DISCONTINUED AND WILL NOT COME BACK

What is this ?
- No Item Drop Restrictions
(Allows you to drop Soulbound, Untradeable Items)
- No Transferstash Restrictions
(Soulbound, Untradeable, Quest Items all possible to be placed into the transfer stash.)
- No “Skill on Cooldown” Dialog, No “Insufficient Energy” Dialog, No “I cant do that” Dialog, No “Its locked” Dialog
(Simply deactivates the sound player for those sounds, the text in the center of the screen is still shown.)
- 5000 Maximum Item Stack Size
(Forces the maximum stack size of every stackable item to be 5000. Potions included.)
b Retaliation Fix[/b]
(Makes ranged projectiles be affected by retaliation damage, check here for more)

How to install ? (Steam)

1. Go into your Grim Dawn folder (ex:“steamapps\common\Grim Dawn”)
  2. Create a backup of your “Game.dll” incase you want to uninstall at any given point.
  3. Download the Standart Version. OR Download the version including the Retaliation Fix - - - - (More about the Retaliation Fix here)
  4. Extract it into your Grim Dawn folder and overrite the “Game.dll”
    (Dont forget to rename the downloaded dll from “Game-Info-Version.dll” to “Game.dll”)
    Steam Version : 1.0.0.8 - 17.02.2017 [COLOR=“green”]UP TO DATE
    [/COLOR]
    Use the Installer if OUTDATED.

How to install ? (GOG)

1. Go into your Grim Dawn root folder (ex:“Grim Dawn”)
  2. Create a backup of your “Game.dll” incase you want to uninstall at any given point.
  3. Download the Standart Version. OR Download the version including the Retaliation Fix - - - - (More about the Retaliation Fix here)
  4. Extract it into your Grim Dawn folder and overrite the “Game.dll”
    (Dont forget to rename the downloaded dll from “Game-Info-Version.dll” to “Game.dll”)
    This is for GOG version : 1.0.0.6 H1 - 20.10.2016 [COLOR=“red”]OUTDATED
    I actually dont own the GOG version so if there is a new update i am relying on people uploading the new Game.dll for me.
    [Thanks towards @HPbotOrNothing for supplying it this time.]
    Use the Installer if OUTDATED.
    [/COLOR]
    How to install ? (Installer)
  5. Download this.
  6. Unpack and start “GrimQOLInstaller.exe”.
  7. Select/enter your Grim Dawn path (Steam/GOG).
  8. Select the features you are intrested in.
  9. Press Install

This type of installation has the advantage of being able to work even directly after a new game update.
    If there is a new patch and the manual replacements of the Game.dll do not work anymore, try this.
    Compatible with 1.0.0.8

Compatibility
Due to the nature of this modification it is compatible with EVERY mod created for Grim Dawn.
Also compatible with The Cruicible!
Fully usable in multiplayer. People you play with do not need the mod. You can just continue playing vanilla with people online even with this mod installed.
(Ofcourse not compatible with mods that edit the Game.dll … for now.)
Also if you havent checked out some of the best mods so far, i highly suggest you do! Here is my personal recommendation!
Grim Dawn: Cornucopia by Ceno and adoomgod
Grimmer and Grimmest by jiaco
And ofcourse this one!
Grimarillion by adoomgod, ASYLUM101, Ceno, Elfe and jiaco

ToDo

• Allow people to trade all items. (Soulbound, Quest, Untradeable)
    (Right now you can atleast drop the items to trade them.)

Issues

• Quest Items can only be moved by mouse cursor and not by hotkey button into the transfer stash.
    (Right now unfixable due to the nature that function is loaded.)
  • Needs to be updated regulary becouse most updates in Grim Dawn replace/update the Game.dll
    If you are running a older version of the game check my download FTP folder.

Distribution
Distribution by other means than this website(http://www.grimdawn.com) is forbidden.

Support
If you want to buy me a beer feel free to do so here : Donate

More

Nice fix on the audio file. I’d look forward to getting rid of the text, too, if that’s possible. Maybe just find the text that the game grabs when it wants to display that message and replace the text with a null value or some spaces " " so nothing shows.

I get why you did the retal fix, but it doesn’t make any sense to me from a conceptual perspective. You shoot me with an arrow, but my acid skin burns you? Idk m8. Cornucopia is addressing this by making reflect much better, so this change may not be necessary if you’re coupling this mod up with that one.

Looks like great work, though. Thank you!

I am sure the point of sense and balance is a question that some people could ask.
I added a version without the retaliation fix and made it optional. I guess everyone can decide themself this way.

Neither does a giant spaghetti monster for a final boss, but here we are.

You shoot me with an arrow, and the monkey on my shoulder retaliates with a poison blow dart. :cool:

I installed the Mod and it is working great.

Can someone tell me is it possible to transfer iron bits cause I cannot figure it out?

You cannot transfer iron bits. Atleast not in the vanilla game.

Updated for GD version 1.0.0.4

Thanks for this. It was really annoying to run to Darlet and remove the Augments all the time. Also I see no reason why mats wouldn’t be shareable between characters if components are.

Updated for newest game version.

Updated for newest game version. (v1.0.0.5)

downloaded 1.0.0.5 version and even reinstalled game twice, does not work anymore for me :confused: but, rly need this mod :slight_smile: can you or anyone confirm that it is working for 1.0.0.5? if so i am just too noobish ;D

Can confirm, not working for me either. Can’t place augmented/soulbound items into stash.

Sorry for the inconvience guys, working on a installer that i want to release along this mod but it still has issues finding the right array of bytes.

I reuploaded all files and checked them before. Everything is working according now!

Really nice, thank you so much, you are a real wizard :slight_smile: HF

All seems working as uploaded as of today. 1.0.0.5HF1. I much appreciate the removal of the ‘That skill is not ready’ and ‘I don’t have enough energy’ dialogs. Would it be possible to remove the ‘I can’t do that yet’ dialog when you try to consume a potion on cooldown? Or the ‘It’s locked’ / ‘I can’t’ dialogs when trying to interact with, say, skeleton key doors or the Temple of the Three entrance?

Uploaded new version.

I removed the dialogs for locked doors, “locked quest items”? and locked chests.
In addition i fixed the dialogs that where still playing when using item skills like potions or component granted skills on cooldown, they should no longer be a issue.

Hope thats the stuff you where talking about :slight_smile:

Yup, that’s exactly what I was talking about! Thank you, wizard!

cant get it to work even tough i installed it correctly

PS: the game wont start when it does i cant put items in transfer stasth

Elaborate.

Consider reading the intructions again.

Incase you are using GOG, i need to sadly inform you that this is not compatible.