[MOD] Grimbourne - Bloodborne inspired/recreation

Bloodborne, but as an isometric RPG!

I’m going to attempt to recreate the full world of Bloodborne as full campaign, including the stamina based combat, There will be severe limitations, trick weapons and all that, but I’m curious to see how this ends up.
My main goal is to recreate the world, as I’m learning how to use the map editor, i’m starting to enjoy it more and more but
My goals

• faithfull recreation of the bloodborne world
  • approximation of stamina-based combat
  • and more fluff here thats related to bloodborne

Progress will be slow, as my main focus is still on RoT for now, at the moment I just enjoy making a map as a relaxing side-activity.

The whole concept might end up ending prematurely as I keep getting stupid issues that leaves zones unpaintable. If anyone knows what causes this, or how to fix it. Please let me know! (Painting a Fog/Lightning Layer - issues)

It might be completely too big for me, as I know little about importing assets/sounds etc, but GD has enough stuff to start with, initially.

Roadmap for (main) releases
Red text indicates what I’m currently working on.

1. Act1 & Act2 - Central Yharnam and Cathedral Ward, including the bosses Cleric Beast, Father Gasgoigne and Vicar Amalia.
    A trial version of some class system.
    Edit: This will be combined with 1. Act 3 & 4 - Hemwick Charnel Lane, Forbidden Forest and Byrgenwyrth zones, including the Witches of Hemwick, Shadows of Yharnam and Rom the Vacuous Spider bosses.
  2. Act 5, 6 & 7 - Castle Cainhurst, Old Yharnam and Yahar’gul Village.
  3. Act 8 - Upper Cathedral Ward
  4. Act 9 & 10 - Nightmare Frontier, Lecture Building and Nightmare of Mensis.
  5. Polishing up on Quests, NPCs, vendors, scripted doors etc.
  6. Final 1.0 release.
  7. Additional small side zones might be added, like the small lower Cathedral Ward streets, the additonal Hunters Dream etc.
  8. Potential idea to replace the Chalice Dungeons.

Please Note: The order might change, or patches will be delivered with less (or more content). This is not a binding thing in any way since I just spend some free moments on making this from time to time. Changes to maps/skills/classes/items can appear in any update. Depending on my own whims or based on feedback.

For now, 2 screenshots of the starting zone (WIP) (There are more screenshots down below)

18 Likes

That, looks mighty gorgeous :hushed:

4 Likes

As an avid Bloodborne fan, I can’t wait for the day you release this mod!

1 Like

How did I only see this now?! :open_mouth:

Damn!!! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Any updates on this project? :slight_smile:

Not yet, as I’m first focusing on bringing out some more content for Reign of Terror, so I havent done much more yet. At least nothing worth showing.

This looks fantastic!

1 Like

I’ve managed to find some spare moments, later than I had hoped but, at least there is some progress again. The project isn’t forgotten yet!

But, making the verticality in this is a B*tch. In addition to not everything being as pathable, I’m going to have to change certain parts, like change the angle of an object, enlarge a space, or just replace it entirely. As expected though, but time-consuming to figure out when things will or wont work. Unless I’ll just accept everyone has to keep changing camera angle while playing…
Another bare-bone screenshots of some WIP

Update: new angle. Now has the great bridge and has a vista down below.

7 Likes

A first glance of me walking around in Yharnam. Mainly its to see if everything works, the shortcuts etc. Plenty polishing still to do:

4 Likes

Is this a new mod? Take a seat and watch slowly

When can I play?

Won’t be ready for a while, no idea when I feel it’s good enough to be shared.

The aesthetics is fantastic. I mean, the environment is beautiful and very fitting for Grim Dawn.

What will the combat look like? More like Grim Dawn or more like Bloodborne?

I will attempt to recreate bloodbornes combat.
So stamina based with emphasis on dodging.

There are quite some limitations to this of course, dodging being on of the things which isn’t really a thing in GD.

Another issue is the trickweapons which also isn’t possible. Not sure about the exact workaround Im picking for that.

If it turns out feeling garbage, I might just resort to regular GD with its classes, or some version like it.
Bloodborne does have a few skills I could turn into skills classes. Bloodtinge build for ranged, dex

Quick sneakpeak of my progress. Hopefully it will look familiar enough to those who know the game.

6 Likes

Support you!

what do you need to facilitate this? Plz don’t hesitate to name it because this excites me to no end. I got money, programmer friends and artist. Just name it and feel free to email me.

At this moment, just time. Thanks for the offer though but i wont be accepting money, ever.

Only thing I could think of are imported models from Bloodborne so the bosses look more like the real thing, but for me thats not a priority. Something like this is beyond my abilities.

For now, I’m now just enjoying the mapmaking.

1 Like

Have u tried pitching this to crate,? Might be something theyd pick up dev on like the diablo ll remake because it’s so fitting and would be wildly popular in lue of a PC pory of Bloodborne.

I have not. Also because i doubt theyll be willing to do this for some modder.

Don’t sell yourself short. This shit is genius and the map work and things I’ve seen so far are gorgeous. From what I understand they aren’t exactly busy. Might be ejtthg5