[MOD] Grimmest FG 1.0

I don’t know if this is still updated or if someone is ‘in charge’, but I come from trying to farm Namadea’s Eye and leveled up nearly three times without it dropping.

Being a newbie I chalked it off to low RNG or perhaps because I was using Grim Internals’ teleport to the boss, but asking on Reddit someone asked how often were the Namedea’s Horns dropping to which I answered zero times as well.

At that point I tried turning off Grimmest with the item in the inventory but saw no difference, and then where we choose the Custom Game and I was using Grimmest . World001.map I swapped to GrimInernalsData -World001.map.

Immediately either the Horns or the Eye started to drop and I got what I needed in a couple of runs.

Is this going to be a problem in the future or was it a niche thing because ‘who goes hostile against Barrowholm lol?’ and something slipped from the code?

It hasn’t been updated since 2019, so no, no one is in charge

Your best bet is to get the version that is in Dawn of Masteries, of which there is a (somewhat outdated) standalone version available

Wonderful news. Thanks, I’ve downloaded it now.

…it happened again. I wanted the Grobble Sand Effigy that drops off Grobble Shamans in FG. Cleaned the map twice, nothing dropped. Savvier with experience I switched the grimmest_dom - worldmap01.map for a different one (GrimInternalsDate - worldmap01.map in this case) and cleared the map again. Four of the MIs dropped.

This is pretty dire. As much as the vanilla game is dull without Grimmest the mod steals certain drops and I don’t even know what else is being removed from the loot table.

While in the original Grimmest this can be explained (it contains older versions of the monsters), this is not the case for the DoM version. The latter contains no mob definitions and instead uses the vanilla ones, so the drops should be identical to vanilla. So no idea why you would not get the drops

Any chance this gets updated for the new 1.2.0.0 patch? Love this mod and would be super excited if it’s updated :smiley:

Agreed. Playing with normal mobs and only the occasional hero is weaksauce. I need me 1.2 mobs per spawn and double the spawn size!

Yes, there is a chance

Released version 1.3.0 for GD 1.2.0.0 and above

5 Likes

Yeah but without all the other mods that we might not want, that would be appreciated.

There is a standalone version under Misc Files…

1 Like