[MOD] Grimmest FG 1.0

I prefer to run into area specific monsters, but there are times where i like a mix.
Perhaps make it an option or have some variance with random spawns.

Definitely specific!

I like the variability. But I think you should do what is easiest for you : D

Seems to be a complicated update

ā€œThe question is: does Grimmest also need another option to keep the current free for all behavior or should it just be area specific spawnsā€¦ā€

Yes please - having the option to choose between random/area-specific would be great if itā€™s not TOO much trouble :+1:

Otherwise man, itā€™s your modā€¦ so itā€™s your call etc.

EDIT: If I had to choose one option, it would be randomizedā€¦

Is this mod still in need of an update to be compatible with the current version of the game?

Thanks for all your work!

how do i properly localize the cnv file? canā€™t get it work.

yes it does need an update :frowning:

anyone know how to disable zeke so he stops showing up randomly in my game for no apparent reason? Iā€™m using Grimmarilion mod.

Hi there, I have used Dawn of Masteries, and Zekeā€™s item shows in my inventory. But when loading the mod on its own, the item doesnā€™t appear. Am I missing something?

What is the difference between hero rate and double density? When i only pump up heroes, i still get HUGE groups of enemies

Been a while since I looked into the script but off the top of my headā€¦

Double density is exactly what it sounds like, it doubles the density of mobs by doubling the proxies that spawn them.

Hero rate is varied, it adds a chance to add a hero to a proxy when it is triggered. The higher the hero rate, the higher the chance and amount of heroes spawned.

What in the world do the different hero options do?

Alcoholic, nihilistic, satanic, etc.

Increases the spawn numbers of mobs and heroes. So bigger mobs of both. Grimmest Level 11 is when your PC blows up. :wink:

What is the difference between alcoholic, satanic, etc.? They all say x2. This is for hero spawn. Mob spawn just says x2, then x3, then x5, etc.

If mob spawn says x2, x3, x5, etc., then you did not download this modā€¦ the original Grimmest only has double density, and that is it.

As to alcoholic, satanic, etc. in the original Grimmest (which you probably are not usingā€¦) it increased the hero spawn rate.

Iā€™m using Dawn of Masteries.

Yes I know they increase the hero spawn rate. By how much does Alcoholic increase it? How much does Satanic increase it? What are the differences between the two? Between all of them?

There is no simple answer to this (unlike the mob density where it simply is a factor)ā€¦ if you want to know the details your best bet is to look at grimmest.lua. You would also need to know the actual proxies, as the number of heroes ā€˜packedā€™ into the proxy differs by proxy.
On average it is probably around 4 or 5, but the number can be as low as 1 or 2 and as high as 13 or so. Based on that number and the below tables you can figure out the spawn rates / probabilities for a proxy

OFF  A       N       M       P       S       11
{ 0,  -2,      0,      1,      2,      3,      3    } -- adjusts number of hero spawns (min)
{ 0,   1,      1,      3,      4,      5,      5    } -- adjusts number of hero spawns (max)
{ 0,   0.15,   0.25,   0.35,   0.45,   0.6,    0.6  } -- multiplier for hero spawns from proxies
{ 0,   0,      1,      1,      2,      3,      3    } -- number of bosses that can spawn, each with its individual chance
{ 0,   0,     10,     25,     20,     20,     20    } -- chance for a boss to spawn
{ 0,   0,      0,      0,      0,      1,      1    } -- number of nemesis that can spawn, each with its individual chance
{ 0,   0,      0,      0,      0,      3,     10    } -- chance for a nemesis to spawn

This also gives you a few other things

• Bosses can start spawning at Nihilistic
  • Nemesis can start spawning at Satanic
  • Level 11 continues to gradually scale from its baseline (up to a maximum), this you do not get from the above table :wink:

Thatā€™s what I was looking for, thank you. Although Iā€™ve had bosses (purple name) spawn on Alcoholic. Might be DoM changed a few things. But now I have a general idea of what I figured, that the ā€œhigherā€ names spawn more heroes/bosses.

they donā€™t. or rather if they do then it is not because of Grimmest :smiley: