[MOD] Grimtasia

What are your future plans for this mod? Any more masteries to be added later?

I like how you did the Mystic mastery for this mod. With TQ masteries having less nodes in them, essentially combining two to make something that is more in line with what Grim Dawn offers already. Designing like this, with 10 masteries in TQ there could be potential to add 4 more masteries in this way.

I’ve long wanted to make a mod of all new masteries, pulling skill ideas from similar themed masteries/classes from different games into a cohesive whole. Like creating a new Necromancer inspired by the Grim Dawn, Diablo 2, and Diablo 3 versions, or combining GD Nightblade with TQ Rogue and D2 Assassin. I haven’t looked into how to make mods yet, but I may start with a single mastery and see how that goes.

I am done with masteries. Their archetypes and number are locked in place. Adding even just one more would also mess up my really cool selection interface. And while that is not a great reason, I also feel that a large proportion of the 15 current masteries are redundant. Adding a new mastery also means planning new items, ect.

That being said, I am open to adding additional skills that might be missing. Either to a mastery or, if I feel no mastery is thematic, to an item. I also plan to rework the masteries a bit more now that I have figured out how to use the extended skills template, especially the Monk mastery (I would really like him to be an unarmed warrior - easier said than done).

BTW, if I ever redid the masteries (as a separate mod), there would only be six plus a set of basic skills. You would start out with the basic skills to get you by till about level 10. At level ten, you would select from Earth, Air, Water, Fire, Spirit, Entropy (death) mastery. Just one. Each mastery would include a melee attack, major melee attack with cooldown, elemental attack, elemental attack with cool down, elemental barrier defense, and an elemental pet. Each skill would have multiple modifiers that would adjust damage, area-of-effect, cooldown, ect. Will probably never happen though, since my next project is a space strategy game loosely based on the original Masters of Orion (no star lanes) using GLUT (OpenGL) and C, which I hope to sell on the Steam platform. I expect that project to take me several years.

As for my future plans, I have several goals in mind.

The first is the loot system. This is an evolving system. I want items, that even though quite rare, are almost game changing. It is something that I really loved in D2, but seems to have disappeared to very careful leveling out of increases in power. It is also something that is really hard to do in GD due to there being 13 item slots that also allow 13 components and 13 augments for a total of 39 variation slots. Add the artifact for a total of 40. And while there is a hierarchy of power (Items>Components>Augments), I still feel it greatly decreases diversity. It makes it very easy to fill in weaknesses of a build. To be honest, I feel that removing augments and the ability to apply components would greatly increase the potential diversity (and strength) of the items. If I do this, it will have to be in a major update (disabling components/augments, while increasing stats of items simultaneously).

The second is tuning the game more towards hardcore play. In that respect, I want it easier to be overwhelmed by multiple attacks, but getting one-shotted easier to avoid (a cheap mechanic mainly used by POE). And I have been slowly adjust everything in that direction. I have also been using a monster spawn mechanic that often kicks in when you kill one mob and it can release other dangerous creatures. You can see this already in act I.

The last, hardest, and my main goal. A single play through. You play the campaign once on veteran and you are done. You will still get almost as much game play, since farming will become important to progress. I want a player to feel like they are getting real progress. Not just starting over at a higher level. Monsters will start to get powerful built in debuffs to simulate the negative resistances of Elite and Ultimate. My plan is for the original GD will go to about level 75, AoM to about level 90, and the FG will take place at level 90+. The final areas being 100+.

I expect to finish this mod sometime in 2020.

Update today:

• Incorporated v1.1.2.2 Hotfix 2
  • Added some legendary recipes to the Ancient Smith. This should help a bit with getting D3 gear.
  • Fixed a few more bugs in new items (I am rarely seeing them now).

Number of D3 & Grimtasia items so far:

• 29 Sets (133 items)
  • 25 Gems
  • 15 Focus
  • 9 Shield
  • 33 Runes
  • 9 Crafted (many more to come)
  • 119 Weapons
  • 56 Jewelry
  • 69 Miscellaneous Armor

Total of 364 additional items for new classes.

Hi great mod iam have a fun with Demon hunter and Inquis and what about skill bonuses on Inquis,Necro and shaman

Hello

Thank you for the mod, good job :slight_smile:

I am a french player and I love to help mods, would you be able to have access to Text_EN text file to propose a french translation if you agree?

Do you think you add the density mod for mobs? x2 x3 x4 etc …

Thanks again for your job :slight_smile:

Update today to fix stash to work with Patch V1.1.4.1

http://www.motelmaya.com/_Grimtasia.html

“Tag not found” everywhere. Mastery selection, crafter guy, skills… It’s my first time playing this mod so I don’t know if it’s because of the update or what.

You using rainbow mod or Grim Internals? If so, switch those off and see if it still persists.

Oh my god, I completely forgot about the item filter! I even told myself to turn it off while I was downloading! Sorry about that, and thanks! Haha. (I’m forgetful >.>)

Starting a new round of updates. This one is focused on updating the Wizard class, incorporating some from Grimer’s D3 mod.

http://www.motelmaya.com/_Grimtasia.html

If this mod will be updated some day…the tooltip for the Mystics skill ‘Inner Balance’ states the cost of 20 energy per second. But atm the cost is more like 20% energy per second. This makes this skill useless, since the energy is drained so fast, the Mystic is forced to use basic attack like 90% of the time. And without that skill the Mystic lacks proper defense which results in getting two or three shotted already in normal difficulty. Even by trash mobs.

Ok, that skill was meant to be like the “Energy Shield” in Diablo 2 that the Sorceress used. At level 2, when your health drops below 70%, it cost you 80 energy points, then 20 per second. It is healing you 80 health and then 20 health per second. It will constantly trigger while you are below 70% health. So if you are 200 health below 70%, it will trigger restoring 80 health. You will still be below 70% health, so it will trigger 2 more times till you are above 70% health, then it will continue healing your for 20 health per second at a cost of 20 energy per second. So basically, it will use 240 energy when it triggers 3 times, then an additional 20 energy per second for 3 seconds.

There is no passive energy cost for leaving it on.

This skill requires a ton on energy to work effectively, otherwise you will be constantly hobbled by no energy a lot as the skill constantly tries to heal you.

Basically, you get one health for every energy lost. So you need to have a ton of energy regeneration and ways to restore energy. Use stuff like ectoplasm for more energy and regeneration, the elder talisman for the mana infusion ability. Also you can grab food & essence, those actually regain a bit of energy in Grimtasia.

Later be sure to put some points into Cosmic Connection and Divine Ascension, the first will quickly restore energy when your health drops, while the second will basically give you a short term regeneration boost that will make you almost unkillable while active.

hey does it work with The Forgotten Gods DLC?

Yes. Requires it.

Decided to go back to work on this mod for a while. First update is out:

Components are all reverted to original, except for enchanted dust. This gets rid of all the problems related to Crate removing partial components.
Stash expanded from 24x18 to 30x20
Diablo Gem upgrade recipes added to Ghost Smith

** Priest (D3 Necromancer) **
Bone Spear updated*
Blighted Marrow updated*
Rigor Mortis updated*
Rathma’s Shield updated*
Land of the Dead updated*
Commander of the Risen Dead updated*
Blood is Power updated*
Serration updated*
Frenzy updated*
Fixed auras on golems
Skeletons & Skeleton Archers summoning updated*
Skeleton Archer damage updated*

** Wizard **
Diamond Skin updated*
Archon updated*
Black Hole updated*
Unstable updated*
Mirror Images updated*, but modified to show meteor on tooltip
Magic Missile updated*, but 4% piercing chance per level
Charged Blast updated*, but adds extra missile at ultimate level
Conflagration is not a transmuter, but adds burning damage instead, extra missile at ultimate level
Electrocute & Chain Lightning upgraded*, Surge of Power remains
Storm Armor, Ice Armor, Energy Armor upgraded*
Wave of Force upgraded*, impactful wave has increased energy cost and AOE though
Magic Weapon upgraded*

Crusader
Complete class update*
Exception is that Burning Wrath (Blessed Hammer) uses my old version that leaves trails.
Special weapon recipes are at Ghost Smith (south gate)

Barbarian
Added Call of the Ancients skill from D3 mod by Grimer

*Based on D3 mod by Grimer.

You can download from Grimtasia

1 Like

tx for upgrade havent played this in awhile, looking forward to trying the fixed golems. I think I gave up back then as it was a hard mod & theres soo many mods. Anyway giving priest/mystic class a try see how that goes.

Newest update is out.

There are now 5 skill points per level up to level 10 and 4 skill points per level to level 10. I removed the extra skill points that you got from level 50-59 (back to 2 each). Level 90+ still gives 2 skill points per level. This is a total of 38 extra skill points from original Grim Dawn, although since each class goes to 60 now, after maxing your classes, it is more like 18 extra skill points.

Wizard
Hydra has fiery exit

Witch Doctor
Redid firebats to fly MUCH slower and expand from target. This is actually a pretty cool effect. Life steal was dropped to 5%, but with the slower flying it is actually much more effective.
Bunch of other stuff has been updated, closer to Grimer D3 latest version now.

Monk
Breath of Heaven & Infused with Light updated*
Mantras updated*, but Mantra of Salvation is exclusive like other two mantras.
Blinding Flash → Dashing Strike*
Cyclone Strike updated*
Epiphany Updated*

Demon Hunter
Elemental Strike updated*, but transmuter does mulit-shot instead of increased damage.
Fan of Knives updated*, but launches 24 knives.

Savant
After comparing the wolves to other pet classes, I realized they were heavily underpowered. I greatly increased their damage.

I plan to work on all the additional magic items next (over 100 already added, checking for bugs), then on buffing mobs. I also want to add more recipes.

*Based on D3 mod by Grimer.

Download from Grimtasia

3 Likes

Hi i just started this mod and have to say,it’s a lot of fun.You made my second fav tq class better being the nature mage.2 things i may want to be changed are harder difficulty.I have played Dom and Grimmilion to much that this ffels a little easy and the second thing is to make the devotion shrines battle to save some time.It’s just my personal opinion you don’t have to change if you think it doesn’t fit :slight_smile:

Also the stash doesn’t have the button to send components to the stash.Anyways a fun mod overall and hope my mystic summoner pets get stronk enough for late game.Pray has little hp but fast cd.

EDIT:I see the game is a little harder.Not intense hard but good enough so me and my brother can enjoyu multiplayer :slight_smile: