[Mod] Legendary Cap Remover [01/05/2016]

Play with Tons of Champions, Run Fast like the Wind and Enjoy the Scenery! Hunt for Epic and Legendary Items, with Affixes! Hit from far away and make the most out of Item Skills.

This is a collection of Rule Changing mods for Grim Dawn.
Since the Main Campaign cannot be modded without replacing the Main database.arz, there is no way to split this into mini mods.
I made this for my own use and decided to share it, so others can enjoy Grim Dawn quite differently from stock Gameplay.

This mod will set the Champion Spawn Rate extremely high. Most of the Champions possible to spawn will spawn, (most notable when starting to play from Elite).

Affixes for Legendary and Epic Items. Great Items now become much more unique.
You can now hunt for truly insane Gear, against Hordes of Champions whenever you want.

Camera, 3x MaxZoom increase allows to actually get a sense of the beautiful scenery Grim Dawn has to offer, as well as allowing for more strategic Gameplay.

You Can Kite now, 4x Attack Ranges increased as well as Projectile and Beam Length adjusted.
You and the Monsters can duke it out from Range, this adds a whole new Dimension to Gameplay.

No more Cluttered Inventory, Components are always Complete and can attach to Any Equip for a Maximum of choice.
Stack limits are virtually gone and 60 thousand potions can now be stacked, just in case.
Picking up multiple one-use Quest Keys is now possible, ideal for stocking up for a new playthrough.
Soulbound has been removed, this fixes the bug of Grim Dawn forgetting to reset this flag and allows free sharing of Items.

Starting Amulet now with +100% of runspeed, which are now useful as all caps for speed and defense are raised to over 9000!
All Items and Affixes sport a 10 times higher runspeed.
No more +2% runspeed additions! And actually moving instead of sleepwalking into a New Game!

There is a Cheat Engine table bundled for those who want to see Grim Dawn render to the new Max Zoom and Display Item Labels.
This mod works and is intended for Grim Dawn V1.0.0.3.

To apply this mod you need to first backup your
\Grim Dawn\database\database.arz
and then replace it with the unzipped version included in this mod.

Please Enjoy~!

V2.1 Fixes a freeze related to sloppy coding on Crates side. please refer to post #2 for details.

mod is too large for an attachment here, please download from below:
V2.1: http://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/6
https://mega.nz/#!opVHwD6T!rWMfnJqehlQ1KE7dgG4ZHgVt1hC5wbuhMWDcbEHnVAA

V2: (for reference if you want to see the bug happen yourself)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cre5j6go5fyb7q2/Legendary_Cap_Remover_V2.zip

For some reason moddb has deleted my mod, have asked why, will keep you posted.

If you use my work, please credit me if it helped you solve a problem.

I spent a lot of spare time on this, mostly the preparatory work hacking the game back at release.
But even two decades of on/off modding/hacking experience do not mean modding or hacking codes was effortless.
Respect my commitment by not repackaging my work and claiming it your own. Thank you~!~

Am testing 7zip for packing the archives as zip, please report any issues.

V2.1
-reverted “-Shops now carry more Rings,Amulets,Medals,Components.”
This fixes a freezing bug in Wightmire, thanks to user91sro from Nexusmods reporting this bug.

Why did the above change cause a freeze you ask?
Simple, the game takes about a second for fully creating an item, this includes items in stores.
So the Rover Shop in that Region apparently had too many items to create and went into a loop of death.
You need to be aware that for Grim Dawn to take a second to create an item fully,
it has to run through millions of lines of asm code, which is actually not needed if you code properly.

shame on you devs!
Please fix the item generation, it is too inefficient, if you need design guidelines for that,
I am willing to offer them.
A few oneliners would suffice to speed things up reasonably.

Also, please offer an option to let the game crash normally instead of freezing it,
In Fullscreen this means players need to reboot windows.
Offline GOG players won’t send any information anyway.

Players:
If you find bugs, please report them

V2

-Most Champions and Nemesi spawn if they are available.
The same goes for throwaway mobs.

-Chests now are multi-shot, no self-destruction or bad loot on repeated encounters.
Requires scripts.arc to be put in …/resources/.

-Playerskills uncapped from Masteries, now you can learn any skill without investing points into a mastery.
This allows you to ie, designate your second class to switch between all classes, learn only skills you want.
This works by never investing points into the second mastery, permanently enabling the “Undo Class Selection” Button.
To assign devotionskills you need to have at least one point invested into a mastery to unlock all skills for assignment.
After that you can reset the mastery and assigned devotionskills should still work.
This allows to not be OP due to maxed Masteries required to access some neat skills.
You can ignore this change, just don’t invest in something you could not normally learn.
-The included CE Table has several scripts to reset your Masteries, All Skills and maxing both if wanted while also adjusting the skillpoints.

-Playerskills no longer require specific Equipment, the UI tooltips do not reflect that, though.
Itemskills will follow in a later version.

-Iskandras Elemental Exchange and its followup Overload have been buffed by request.
Please comment on this, I will listen and change or remove this depending on Feedback.
The changes are UI visible. Please use the CE scripts to undo any points spent into these skills (and all others) without raising the Skill reallocation cost.
Skills should be worth using. There aren’t that many.

-Shops now carry more Rings,Amulets,Medals,Components.
Initially I also wanted to remove White items and allow for more Green Gear to be sold.
But this change as initially done would have resulted in massive droprate changes of Yellow Gear for mobs.
I may find a solution which still allows for sane droprates and better Shop Inventory.
The shops should at least rarely carry things to spend money on.

-Also included are files which allow to change the Inventory Size, but this requires extra work. Adding extra Bags is impossible without engine support.
No changes to current Inventory size are done in V2.
Nor has the droprate of Yellow Gear increased in V2.
Those are tentative changes for V3+ or unwanted sideeffects.

There might be a Minimal(<0.5%) chance for common enemies to drop rare suffixes. Or not.
either way, this was aimed to improve the shop gear quality. There are no Quality modifiers for shops you can use.

Monster Runspeed, this can be changed, I may include a flat multiplier adjustment CE hack for you to test if there is interest.
There are many parameters to think of to make monsters less territorial and willing to pursue you without breaking something.
But I am all for (optional) challenge. Future bundled tables might also include XP and Damage In/out multipliers for the Player.
Until then you can go to the CE Forums>Tables subsection>Grim Dawn Topic and download coo7’s table, it contains these settings.
So you can make monster actually hurt you if your gear/skills are OP.

btmps table includes a still working SpellCastSpeed multiplier,
unknown_k a difficulty unlocker and
Cielos has a Hotkeyable Teleport. Cielos also hacked the Show ItemLabels at maxZoom included in my table.

Camera, for closeups MinZoom at 1/3rd of stock.

V1

Affixes roll for Legendary and Epic items.
You can now hunt for really good gear, against hordes of champions whenever you want.
Upcoming versions will improve the affix selection available.

Playercaps: Maximum defense & run,attack,cast,speed speed at over 9000!
Player Max Levelcap upped to 500, default Lightradius from 11 to 7777.
You still need to raise them yourself.

Camera max Zoom at 120,pitch at 45.Fog mostly removed, (it still remains at one specific zoomstep).
You may need to use the included cheatengine.org table
FarClip option, it stops the engine from rendering to black at maxZoom.
Cielos’ Display Item Labels at maxZoom is also included.
It usually renders black at a zoom of >100~.
Both are Engine, ie. hardcoded limitations.
Render to Black at MaxZoom can also be removed by using GrimCam (not included).

Projectiles and Beam distance upped to 80 meters, which at the new maximum zoom extends to the screens edge,
instead of barely around your character.

Attackranges quadrupled, this will allow maximum range skills to near the screens edge.
But enemies will also be able to bombard you from afar.
This doesn’t really balance this mod as a whole, but it definitely has an impact.
//this as many other controversial changes can be undone with the included CE table, please use that instead of asking this to be changed.

All item Stack limits uncapped beyond 65.000!
Components and Augments attach to any Equip and are always complete.
Say goodbye to redundant Potionstacks or incomplete Components cluttering your inventory!

Removed Soulbound from all items, so you can transfer them at will.
Fixes bug of not remembering Augmented items which had their Soulbound state removed between restarts.

Removed restriction on hoarding certain questitems.
Now you can pick up as many single-use keys to reuse on later playthroughs as you want.

Starting Amulet Salt Bag now has a fixed ~100%+ runspeed.
All Items and Affixes sport a ten times higher runspeed.
No more +2% runspeed additions! And actually moving instead of sleepwalking into a new game!

Sharing of code:
Feel free to use the included “scripts.arc” (V2+) in any of your projects, just credit me please, thanks
this will make multishot chests and better loot for chests in general.
the changes took a minute and i don’t mind giving that out to anyone.

Though for anything else, please ask and in any case, credit my work.

Regarding Feature (removal) requests:

I gladly take unnerfing requests, as well as anything related to the theme of this mod.
Uncapping, freedom of choice regarding (Item) skills and
making things useful which are broken at stock.
It should be fun and add to the gameplay experience.

I am usually an extremely nice person, to a fault,
but do not worry, you can ask for feature additions without holding back.
I am somewhat sensitive when asked to waste my time though.
I hope I offered enough guidelines for you to decide what falls under “wasting time”.
Feel free to ask for an elaboration,
I can do without drama caused by communication failure.
I also prefer to not deal with smurfs.

Removal of options:

Runspeed Cap,Ranges,Camera,ItemStackLimit,Lightradius,Golddroprate,Shop Prices and so on.
Please use the included CE table to freely adjust your *running speed(*etc) to your personal preferences.
I am not removing features which can be adjusted with the CE table.
Not all of the above CE table options are implemented in this mod.

This mod is first and foremost made for my own use.
Uploading and managing several per player customized mods is not in the scope of this release.

Thank you for caring to read and honoring these requests.

Looks sweet, Ill check it out.

defense level over 9000!!

Throwing idea:
change conversion (at least for arcanist on Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange).
Things would need a bit of nerf probably later on, but in my opinion conversions from skills should add not replace base source of damage.

So at least then maxing out such skill would be worth it.

Actually overload is not really used too - so this could be changed either, as well as unnerfing AAR crit a bit(I don’t use - but others do).

Thanks for mod :slight_smile:
Getting it just for more interesting items - this really really makes game much more fun for me - no longer boring item types dropping all the time, like “i’ve seen that uh…again”.

“Affixes for Legendary and Epic Items. Great Items now become much more unique.”

You mean that legendary items now have bonus random affixes or are they stripped of all predefined affixes and only have random ones?

ZaKaRuNe, thanks, let me know what you think.

Robertx333:
They have bonus random affixes rolled,
afair “empowered” etc does not count as affix but is just a buffed copy of an item named differently.
The resulting name strings are overwhelmingly long, lol.

please point to an epic or legendary item which at stock supposedly has affixes on it. haven’t seen any so far.

rorschachrev:
defense level, i noticed when test-playing with my level 50 toon on ultimate with resists/defenses well over 100% that you still get damaged by the level 70+ opponents, so releasing that cap actually serves a purpose when fighting against high leveled opponents.

glad you like it darkbobo, interesting ideas, will put them on my list of things to look into.

Hi, tested a bit and i think its a great mod but may i ask you to release another “mod pack” like that:

• legendary and epic fix
  • champion spawn
  • inventory “fix”

Because the camera fix give me some visual bugs and i dont really like the fix for ranged attack.

Please :slight_smile: thanks you

Where is this extension located " Grim Dawn\database\database.arz " ?? My Grim Dawn folder doesn’t have that path :undecided: Where would it be ? I have My Games\Grim Dawn\ Save or/and \settings and its not in either of those folders

I’d like to go ahead and back this up, Any chance of making a " Lite " Version that contains just these features? I have the same issue and opinion with ranged attacks and camera. Overall however i will say this is very cool and good job!

I had a lot of fun with your mod. I found a Searing Rifthound Leather Boots of the Rifthound lol. I wonder if a few of us can team up and try to finish a skeleton key dungeon. Without dying.

I do think the movement speed is a bit too much. Especially because it is always on. I’d rather see maybe 3x movement speed, and a toggle buff for more speed, perhaps from an augmentation or component?
Speaking of which, component autocomplete is too powerful. I can make oleron’s blood from a single chipped claw.

That is your user folder, with savegames and stuff. Try your install folder. It depends on where you bought the game. It can be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\database\ or C:\GOG games\Grim Dawn\database\

Could you share tips for finding some of these entries you modified?

Specifically stack numbers, soulbund stuff and modifying an epic/legendary for affixes? Thanks

Thanks for the Mod, having a big laugh with it. :smiley: I love the extra walk speed/range and the lack of fog allows me to appreciate the aesthetics more (detracting from the grim atmosphere, but i am fine with that).

Here is a suggestion through

I think it is a bit unfair that you run so fast and the monsters are so slow, so maybe you should jack up the speed of some monsters to be able to outrun you.

It makes sense that zombies are slow and they should be (except for fury/corpsefiend), but boars, harpies and gorgers should be able to outrun you.

Some types of bandits should be able to run as fast as you or slighty faster/slighty slower.

Great mod, thro.

Backing this too lol, Unless you can make a lite patch with just the epic/legendary for affixes? Please lol :slight_smile:

I concur, only affixes on legendaries would be nice. The move speed is game breaking kinda…

+1 more for these: it would be pretty cool if you could tell us which files and which parts of them to look in.

v2 is mostly done, bundled with a cheat engine table where you can set the runspeed cap, and various other new things.

v1 already contains a table which allows to set ranges, camera and *more to your preference.
*ie stacksize uncap to 65k and beamlength.

Since this is a mod made for my own use first and foremost, I’d say
it is not too much to ask the player to adjust what they want themselves on the fly.
If you play nice, i might even update my cheat table with a full blown on the fly db editor so you can set what you want directly. but that would take time, and i really do not want to invest any more than i already have.

besides, item labels cannot be shown nor the game render to decent zoom levels without cheat engine hacks.

You may have noticed that if I make versions for every feature removal request we end up nowhere.
I’ll state the items I do not mind to remove, everything else, you are free to request but please don’t be rude or demanding, I have a life and other things to do than please a crowd.

V2 also contains thedarkbobo’s request:
-buff for conversion and overload, might be too powerful, if so, tell me and i can remove that in V3. I am not perfectly happy with it, by default the skills already add some damage on top of the conversion, but my buff test might really be too much.
-The CE table in v2 will allow to reset all skills and/or masteries, refunding skillpoints accordingly so you can test this as you want. as well as setting current skillpoints.
resetting masteries also allows ad-hoc class changes using the in game ui, plan is if possible to allow unlearning masteries, or setting up more than two masteries at once or a “all skills” class to allow free picking.
Basically i will aim for a solution to allow for more flexibility in choice of character customization which is feasible to do in game.

-Also have made champions spawn almost always if they can spawn,
(a nemesis has a chance well below 10% for example)
-skills can now be learned without their masteries,
allowing very customized classes- ie a soldier/demolitionist with occultist pet summons.
that change is optional btw, you do not have to invest into skills you normally would not be able to learn.

on that note, runspeed is already somewhat optional,
all you need is unequip the gearpieces which contain runspeed.

I am considering how to best make enemies also run faster, but they by default have a 500 cap already, and the speedboost many complain about stems from items.
Then the monsters have very limited engagement ranges, could walk into town and massacre everything if not.
Such a change would require careful consideration, and balancing, so, that change will take about as much time as cherrypicked affix tables for epics and legendary items. both will be on my todo list.
If people care for faster monsters I ought to be able to add a ce script which applied a flat multiplier on their runspeed to start things.

components autocomplete, if you think some are too powerful, please just don’t pick them up.

Again, as much as i wanted to make this into tens of several mods, this is not feasible with the current design of modsupport for the campaign.

what i edited is not vodoo, in another thread i gave the advice not to use the dbr editor, wasted way too much time with it.
edit and search the files with a texteditor like npp or similar, then you will find the required files easily, and with a bit of scripting/regexp you can make the changes.
this mod already contains 750~ edited files, 250 or so are just item edits.
I spent my time modding and preparing v2, after release i will play the game,

explaining all I did will take too much time, really,
the basic advice:
“compare the stock files with what you want and you are set”
has to suffice. You do have my mod already, geez, talk about demanding.

Please in the future try to think of my time, too, I am not quite willing to become a full time modding teacher here.
flat out demands can be considered rude.

tl;dr use the CE table to set the options you like,
enjoy V2 when that is released (hopefully today) and be nice, thanks!
also, requests for buffing/unnerfing skills reasonably are gladly taken.

V2 has been released, please refer to the second post for a changelog.

most stack nrs are in the gameengine.dbr
soulbound on any item which carries it and so on, tons of files had to suffer for this mod to come into being.
hundreds of files for the legendary affix stuff.
please refer to my mini tut for methodology on editing this quickly:

[TUT] DBR Editing - a mini tutorial on how to do it efficiently:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38045

and please credit me,
I will hate myself tomorrow morning for staying up late yet again, all so you guys get a free introduction to semi-professional modding.

I’d actually prefer some feedback and feature improvement/addition talk on the mod rather than tutorial requests, really.
I do hope what i offered is enough, I hopefully will get to enjoy my mod myself soon.

I haven’t been able to try out your V2 but I tried the old version some more. Your cheat table works very well, I can fully zoom out without problems, and still see item labels, which is really nice. I had no experience with the required software but it wasn’t too hard to figure out.

I now sell all of the components I find and do my crafting without your mod. At first I was afraid that your autocomplete would mess with the partial components in my stash. It does, but as long as I don’t touch them they automatically revert back when I stop using your mod. I don’t know how that works but it’s great.

Perhaps you could mention in your first post that epic/legendary items with extra pre/suffices work perfectly fine in the vanilla game, or in any other mod. So your mod can also be used as a tool to get those items, for use in other games, even multiplayer. I suppose that is some kind of added value to your mod.

Nice nice, trying to stay alive with my saboteur on ultimate - proves difficult :smiley: Now without mod it feels like playing chess…

Cronleys hideot nightmare - monsters start shooting even when I am well behind wall and don’t stop till I’m dead :cool: Getting own so hard when fighting 4+ heroics at the same time…and sometimes I see 10+ lol.
Difficulty is much higher - and so it’s nice.

If I may ask again for something to consider - I really miss that we do not have zombies all over the place(or at least some) after 1st act…like a filler on the map :rolleyes: Could even be around 5x normal monsters hp but with little damage :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not skill specialist so only those on arcanist were obvious for me to be changed.
Mortal trap might also be not so viable - it has really good hard hit from “The big one” but it’s only one shot. So maybe there could be some synergy between Mortal trap and rarely used (?) blackwater cocktail or for itself i.e. points in mortal trap increase it’s attack speed by 2% per point (I am not so sure if gear works on it?) or you can plant 1 additional mortal trap per 5 hard points - so on lvl 16 you can plant 3 mortal traps.

Sadly only few hours per day max to check this out so will report back later this week.
Edit: haha…swarming batchery…it’s really swarming…amazing :smiley: