[MOD] MinDawn/MinDawn Mythical : QoL Mod, Extra Features, SR Changes, Multiplayer

I hate to say it, but I think im done with Grim Dawn for good. All I want is a mod to give me SLIGHTLY more EXP, SLIGHTLY better drops… and I cant find a mod for it… and I cant get this one to work.

I just uninstalled my game, deleted all of my characters trying to get this mod to work… and it still doesnt.

Can anyone help me? I need like a guide for a 5 year old here…

If I cant get a response… I guess im just going back to No Mans Sky.

Why do you need a mod? Simply play on Veteran instead. More monsters so more loot drops plus an extra 10% XP. Will probably be a bit slower because monsters are a bit harder to kill though.

As for installing any mod for the game:

Unzip the package you downloaded, and place MinDawn Folder into your Mods folder
(Fodler structure should be for example : grimdawn/mods/MinDawn/database/MinDawn.arz)

UPDATING
when updating mod, simply delete the mod folder first (grimdawn/mods/MinDawn) and procceed with fresh installation
(in order to get rid of leftover files from older versions)

To extract the files use something like WinRAR and make the path either:

Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods

or

GOG Galaxy\Games\Grim Dawn\mods

depending on which platform you use.

Ive already beat the game like 5+ times a couple of years ago… been playing since 2017 or so. Im at the point to where I just picked up the game again, was playing vanilla (except for like GD Stash, Internals)… Progression is just too slow. Its perfect for a first time player… but its too slow for someone who has beaten the game multiple times.

The problem is, I picked up the game again when I heard the last update was out… then I created a character in Grim Tools… and while putting in like 30+ hours into that character you get ideas for like a Bleed character, a Poison character, an Internal character… which you also want to play…

I just dont have 2000+ hours to max out all of these + gear. I got a full time job and stuff… Plus Im playing NMS latest update.

I just want a mod to speed up progression… but almost all of those mods completely change the game… like giving you 100+ divotion points, 200+ levels… By the time youre out of act 1, youre level 50… I dont want that.

I jsut want something like a 15-30% XP boost, and a 50% boost in drop rate… and 2x devotions… With everything ending the way a vanilla game ends…

This game has been out for 5 years, and there is 100s of mods… how has no one created just a generic progression mod? Blows my mind. This is the closest thing to it that Ive found… And as far as I can tell this mod just doesnt work??? (surely im doing something wrong, Ive never used a mod before).

Please, someone just help me… Id love to spend the next few months focusing on GD… but I just dont want to spend that time on 1 character… Can someone please just create a generic EXP, Devotion, Loot mod… just a boost… nothing crazy that changes the game???

Yea, so there is no installing the mod… its basically jsut extracting it in the mod folder right? Ive done that.

The way to tell this mod is working is to see if the devils crossing vender is selling attribute reset potions right?

So Im playing until im friendly with DC, going to the vender… and I see him selling nothing special.

Im playing the custom game mode with a brand new character. In GD stash under that characer I have selcted “total conversion mod”… and “selected mod” -> “MinDawnClassic_1.2.0”

The mods im running are for just generic:
GD Stash
GD Internals
Rainbow
Item Assistant

And then for custom game, extracted in the mods folder is:
MinDawn Classic_1.2.0

Grimdawn is a fresh install on my computer, my characters are all brand new, created in the custom game.

When I click custom game, im selecting MinDawClassic_1.2.0 map0001 (something like that)

So then I run through the first mission up until I get friendly with Devils Crossing (around level 10ish), and then I go to the vender and i check if hes selling the attribute reset… I see hes not.

Ive tried this method several times.

Someone tell me what im doing wrong?

Why have you ticked total conversion?

Probably the reason no one’s made a mod is there are plenty of ways already in the game to speed up levelling via items.

Have you tried using merits?

It’s not the easiest start if you just play on Ultimate, but you level up pretty quickly. And a lot of people use the merit to unlock Ultimate and then go back into Normal and/or Elite and grab a lot of devotion shrines before they start playing in Ultimate.

I clicked the check box because thats what it says in the guide up there… but ill try it without checking it really quick.

Thanks for the guide, ill give it a read

I can’t see anything where it says to tick that box. :woman_shrugging:

“HOW TO TRANSFER CHARS TO THE MOD?
simply copy them in your local save folder, from Main folder into User folder, and using GD stash, check “In Mod” checkbox on all of them, and save them.”

I just assumed “in mod” he meant that tick box since thats the only box in the whole program that mentions a mod, and since all of his instructions are super generic and written basically from memory.

Anyways, after 2 days, deleting all of my characters (stupidly, out of desperation), uninstalling the game and all my mods multiple times, I finally got it to work.

How has no one run into this issue??? I cant be the only one in the world.

When you extract the files, it comes in a folder called “MinDawnClassic”

So what I was doing was putting that folder into my mod folder… which is what the instructions say… extract it into your mods folder…

This clearly doesnt work.

So I went into that folder, cut all the contents, pasted them into the mods folder, deleted the mindawn folder… and boom… workes.

Too bad all my characters are gone. FML. Well, the good thing is I have 4 new character ideas… and now ill be able to progress fast enough and get good items to actually be able to play them all.

I appreciate the mod here for the assistance, and of course, the creator of the mod. Thank you all.

He didn’t extract the folder correctly. 9 times out of 10 when someone says a mod isn’t working, medea, you can usually put money on it that they extracted wrong.

Also, if he really wants to “speed up” the game, well, Grim Internals does that already.

That’s for transferring characters from the vanilla game into the mod which is not what you’re doing. You’re playing a brand new character in the mod so that stuff isn’t needed. All you need to do in GDStash is select the mod, save the setting and then import the database.

Yeah, but that’s only game speed, not giving extra XP, etc, which is what he wants.

As far as I know, Grim Internals doesnt speed up the game… Im using it for only automatically picking up items on the ground, track my exp and money, and see what kind of damage is hurting me… Internals is really just quality of life. Maybe you can alter exp in Internals? I dont know.

And yea, I extracted it properly… exactly as the instructions stated…

Yea, thats waht I initially tried to do… I had like 60 hours on a character and progression was just so slow… and I also had like 4 other characters in mind I wanted to build out… which is why I started searching.

Turns out I did it all correctly… Just didnt realize when you extract the mod, you then have to cut the files out of the folder they come into, then delete that folder…

Not everyone is a modding expert… I really just needed detailed instructions. Im actually pretty shocked everyone figured this out, how am I the only one who ran into this problem?

GI does have a speed option in it. I don’t use it so can’t tell you where exactly, but it does have one.

Damn, that would have been nice to know hahaha. FML

You really should use Internals though… like if I could pick 1 mod, that would be it. I cant really imagine playing GD without internals… its really amazing. Even just for the amount of clicks it saves you.

“Unzip the package you downloaded, and place MinDawn Folder into your Mods folder
(Fodler structure should be for example : grimdawn/mods/MinDawn/database/MinDawn.arz)”

This is exactly what I did…

But the “example” isnt actually an “example”… this is how it MUST be to work. After you extract, it comes nicely in a folder, I was just placing that folder into the mod folder… You have to extract, then enter the folder it comes in, cut everything out of that folder, delete that folder, then paste those contents into the mod folder… then it works. For me anyways.

Once your character is FULLY loaded into the game simply press Ctrl+F5, which brings up the GI options…

Sorry if I have come across as argumentative… was just really frustrated after spending countless hours on this… in addition to deleting all of my characters I spent like 1000+ hours on.

As of right now, I am happy with the results though. Im ok with losing all my characters at least knowing I can progress slightly faster and get slightly better drops… Gives me something to do in the game.