[Mod] Nydiamar

Not sure there is a limit, in my version of Grimmest I have tons of bosses and nemesis spawning, all in the same area too as far as I can tell (did not change the map, just spawn them from existing proxies, so not sure where in area begins and ends).

Maybe it is a matter of how you spawn them ? Grimmest does in a Lua script.

I did discover a few things when messing with respawns and extra spawns in Grim Harvest.

Since in GD you can have one instance of a hero spawn once per session, that entity is essentialy black listed from spawning again.

However this extends, to when you are spawning them from a script as well.
This line here: Proxy.Create(record, object:GetCoords().origin, true)

• will not spawn you a hero, if one has already spawned naturaly. And heroes spawned with this do not get black listed. The “true” parameter is supposed to ignore some of the spawn rules, but there is still a check agains a blacklist.

Grimmest might have every proxy spawned by a script and all naturall ones just being a trigger, so no natural spawns and you find multiple heroes.
Edit: Or it does it with character.create()

Hope this helps in some way

I gave this a try, and this is true, heroes only spawn once — is this common knowledge, how did I not notice this? EDIT: You can have multiple heroes of the same type, but only from one proxy. Then afterwards this hero gets blacklisted.

ignoreGameBalance also does not seem to do anything (for that matter).

it does

for i = 1, heroCount do
  	local spawn = Character.Create( gd.grimmest.heroes[ faction ][ random( 1, table.getn( gd.grimmest.heroes[ faction ] ) ) ], avgPlayerLvl, nil )
  	if ( spawn ~= nil ) then
  		spawn:SetCoords(coords)
  	end
  end

I got it working by using Proxy.Create(record, object:GetCoords().origin, true). Honestly did not expect to ever fix this, but it was quite easy to rewrite everything, including the way I previously used the wave events.

Thanks for the help!

Patch 1.1

Changes from 1

• (+) Arena of Sedaah
    • Fixed Hero-type creatures not spawning after a while
    • Fixed the Nemesis (Cleaner) not spawning after a while
    • Removed all but two three Nemesis, which also clear the fastest
    • Reduced the fee required to enter the arena from 65 000 Iron Bits to 50 000
    • Fixed the Exchange of Currency dialog where you open the bundles
  • (–) Added an option to disable the God Events to the Lectern of Wisdom (under Nydar Mode)

Additional Changes from .1

• (+) Arena of Sedaah
    • Added a different Soundtrack to the area
    • Rebalanced the fee/cost of almost all Hostile Encounters (Opponents)
    • Rebalanced almost all Friendly Encounters (Your caught creatures)
    • Fixed sometimes fights not finishing properly, and therefore breaking the arena
    • Fixed the entrance to the arena being always locked after the first time entering
    • Fixed some coloured Boss Opponents not unlocking the next tier
    • Added the Exchange of Beutekugeln dialog where you can now exchange Beutekugeln for Bundles of Currency
    • Rebalanced the rewards that require Iron Bars to prevent an endless exchange loop with the addition above

(+) = Nydiamar & Nydiamar Dungeons
(–) = Nydiamar

Due to the no longer fixed amount of Hero-type creatures that can spawn, the balance might now be a bit scuffed (even more than before!).

(Reseted with Patch .1) Type this into the in-game console to receive 300 Currency of Sedaah for free: character.grantplayertoken CATCHING_FREE_COINS

EDIT .1:

1. Your own groups of creatures are now more interesting and especially stronger than before.
  2. Tier III groups are slightly rarer than before, but now a lot stronger than groups of lower tiers.
  3. Almost all opponents are now more expensive, which also means you can pick more of your own, making these fights easier.

Overall, the whole mechanic should now be easier and more rewarding (and especially more functional), which hopefully leads to some people using it more.

Patch 2

Changes

• (+) Updated the Diablo 3 classes to their latest version (3.8) — Patch Notes

Patch 3

Changes

• (+) Fixed Bounty Tokens not being rewarded from some enemies (Ghosts and Ghouls, as well as all enemies inside the Tomb)

[Patch 3 | All versions]

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

1 Like

Praise to the Houck baby…

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Okay after testing a little bit it seems to work. But now i have another issue with the Sedaah ruins.

Note: Started a new game and doing nothing then going to Sedaah Ruins.

After a couple of fights (4-6?) the dialog about clearing the arena doesn’t change. I have won the last and first fight and the nemesis have had spawnt and cleard my minions. After that it has died as intended but the dialogue doesn’t change. I even teleport through the portal to the Edge Area and back but that doing nothing.

Is this maybe, because the clearing in this scenario does mean to loot the ground? Maybe no more place for new loot :slight_smile:

Edit: Okay could not be the loot, because i’m not able to enter the arena by paying the fee. There is no option to do that at the intended lecter to the left (just before the gate). It is showing the new 50k fee, but no option to pay it (and i have 152k in my inventory, checked that, too)

Looks like I gotta test this more. Frustrating stuff.

EDIT1: I think I found the cause, some old line from before. I will test it tomorrow.

EDIT2: I have updated the patch above:

Updated Patch Notes

Let it run on the side for a while, here is the result:

I was able to enter and loot all that stuff too, so the arena should finally be fixed.

1 Like

Feedback to 1.1.

Yup everything is working for me, too. I have used over 1000 Tokens in 2 runs. I fought at least at Tier 1 against nearly all encounters.

Greetz

First, thanks for the mod, it’s been great so far.

I found a bug with the wizard’ Hydra.
The lvl12 resist debuff doesn’t work with the lightning one. (Both missing in spell tooltip, and not applying the debuff).
The regular fire hydra has the debuff working correctly, but it seems the direct hit part of the spell only hits once total, instead of per hydra, if they shoot at the same target. Tho if each hydra aims at different targets, they correctly shoot 3 times total.

read the transmuters description

My bad, i overlooked the transmuters.

What about the fire hydras doing a third of dmg if they aim at the same target ?
Edit: just re-tested it, it’s the way dmg is displayed that is wrong. It only shows the burn dot, but not the fire hits.

No, you’re right. Fire damage doesn’t stack at the same target, it will be increased in a future patch.

I have updated the Diablo 3 classes to 3.8.

Patch 2 | Patch Notes

I almost automated the whole patching process, that’s why I can release this so quickly. I only tested Ultimate, but every version should work.

1 Like

So finished the main campaign yesterday with my Demon Hunter Wizard (Level 80, and without God events and blessings). Imo the very good quality is transported till the end. I love the joke with the crate entertainment (and finally a place tro farm scrap. Thx Van_Houck :slight_smile: )

Another good idea is the list after finishing the campaign, which is clarifying what you don’t have finished so far.

My only little critic is, that the amazing music titles of the first half are in the end “only” good and imo the vanilla music is still used to often (but that is only my impression, maybe because of the dungeons i have played in the end).

If i get it right, i should play till level 100 in nydiamar and then i should switch to Dungeons, do i?

Edit: 2 more points mentioned as Feedback

1. The game is telling you that a quest is finished, even if enemys are still around (and the quest is about killing all enemys). Imo the problem are the splitting crystals. The quest follower seems to ignore the crystals after the first split. You are able to copy that behaviour in the final fight (same thing at the sixth devotion dungeon).

2. There is an exploit possible by using the shortcut and run into the final area “A Dream? (The End)” after the first time. The three chests are spawning above the already opended ones again.

Edit 3: Question about the riddle in the depraved Ruins.
I was quite confident to get the solution but after stepping at the tile, which has a 0 chance to be next one nothing happens beside the normal “you stepped on the wrong tile” event.
Imo the tile to the far right in the second line is at one moment a tile which has a 0 chance. What am i missing? The 2 Skillpoints are a too juicy reward to skip them (specially after i get kicked out by the “enemy” with one hit in the secret rift ^^)

Edit 4: The Rogue Dungeon Where the time goes
Weard behaviour. After running into the most far corner to the east/south i waited until the 6 MInutes are gone. Then the message appear that i’m able to use the exit. But the moment i got in range of the teleporter the ghosts swarming me. After killing a few waves (maybe again 6 Minutes, dunno), in between the teleporter was still locked, the message about leaving the area appears again. Now the porter was unlocked but the ghosts spawning every 2 seconds only to die instantly. But they dropping items and components like i have killed them (but giving no XP at least). Seems not the behaviour as intended :slight_smile:

Edit 5: I can’t get a nightmare anymore. 16 out of 16 the normal A Dream is coming. I even enabled the option to always have a dream (6 runs). Weard.

Great to hear that you got through the mod! Impressed that you got through it without Blessings, considering that some stuff is scaled up to multiple players such as damage and enemies having a few additional levels compared to vanilla!

1. About buggy quests. The proxy of the crystals is part of a wave event, so when they get killed that proxy is marked as being done — and therefore the event too. There is no way for the game to know that these spawned enemies from the crystals are still related to the event. Luckily nothing game-breaking.

2. Exploit. Noted it, is trivial to fix, thanks for telling. The chests you get the second time are quite worthless, though. You get the good ones only once.

3. Path Puzzle.

So the hint has nothing to do with the partial solution (must be assumed or else there would have been multiple “0% tiles”) and goes as follows:

Important here is “the next correct tile” part. Of course when you get to the second row, suddenly all tiles below are “0% tiles”, so you need to assume that the secret tile can never be one that could have been correct before.

Now here is the solution I made a while ago.

Solution with tile chances

The grey path with the question mark does not make any sense — you could just go directly to the correct tile on the left, and therefore the tile below can never be right.

1. Where the Time Goes.

I’m aware of this and was just hoping that people would not run into the corners (and then even stay there)! The fix for this is completely trivial which annoys me that I forgot about that.

Give it another try should you do the secret above, and then stay close to the exit (and don’t pause the game there). One of my favorite areas when it works.

1. Nightmare.

I just gave the latest patched version a try, and for me it is still working fine, with and without the option enabled. I honestly have no idea how this can not work. Did you ever get the Nightmare with this character before?

Yeah, I think Level 100 is even required — but your character should be really good before doing the switch. Nydiamar Dungeon is, especially after the last update, very difficult and over-tuned, but that’s the whole point of it. Just keep on it, use the Blessings, and optimize your character — and then you can fully enjoy the madness.

Mmmh, the Part with the Puzzle.

My thoughts to that:

If you step on the first tile and go up --> right --> down!! --> right --> up and so on, any of those tiles could be possible at that moment, even if you are already in the second line.
Even in your solution it would be possible to go down --> left --> up --> up again (the secret is seperated from the path as mentioned).
The only tile which has a real 0% chance is the tile to the right in the second row, because you can’t cross the already used second line anymore.
Anyways thx for the solution. I’m a little sad, because i got the right idea and was on the right path…damn it. Just like in an adventure in the good old days :slight_smile:

Edit 1: Nightmare
Yes i i have run through it. But the check quest hasn’t checked nightmare. So are you only able to do it once?

The unwritten rule that might lead to confusion is that the correct path (the “tail”) can not touch “itself”. Basically, there is no actual path, but only correct/allowed tiles. Hard to explain, English is not my native language.

In this case there would have been no reason for the “tail” to go down, left, and then up, since it would then “touch” itself — instead it would need to go directly to the left to avoid this. Therefore the tile below can never be correct, since the “tail” then would have no way to reach the end.

That’s right, but before this tile turns into a “0% tile”, it actually had once a 1/2 chance to be the next one (when you stand on the left tile to it) — that is why this one is ruled out. This must be assumed without being written anywhere, or else you could have multiple “0% tiles”.

As for the first row, there can only be one correct tile on it, or else you would have multiple “start points” for the puzzle, since it is all about the correct tiles, not the path you take. Also, before knowing the first tile, you would assume that every tile could be the one — therefore the chance of 1/6, which rules them all out.

Honestly not that good of a puzzle, I only added it in as an afterthought!

Nightmare can be repeated and should get marked as completed after returning back to Edge of Eternity.

Did you complete the “A Dream” again?

Yes several times since yesterday. I even started a few times a new game with the char in hope to get the nightmare again but only “A dream” occurs.

Edit: Another Feedback
The Otherworldly encounter is really hard. I’m okay with the Demon (one of the hardest encounters in vanilla as far as i know), i’m even okay with the adds BUT the “arena” in which you have to fight is a little bit to tiny. Even with 88% slowresist i got slowed down so hard, that the Demon is finishing me easy.
Yes, i know that my equip is far from perfect, and i know that i have a few levels left. But the size of this area is imo a little bit to small :slight_smile: