[Mod] Nydiamar

I’m enjoying Nydiamar very much! I’m finding a lot of the puzzles quite challenging, as many of them have no indication of how to actually solve them from what I encountered- Elements took me far, far too long and eventually I just resorted to potion spamming my way through (I assume I just had to avoid stuff? but hitboxes were almost impossible to read), and I’m currently stuck in the Tomb (got the fake ashes and can’t find the real ones).

Faction dungeon is super cool, and the music is great. I’m finding it an odd combination of relaxing and engaging, which are two words I would not use describing Grim Dawn!

Just wanted to let you know that people ARE finding your work, and enjoying it greatly!

Great to hear that you are enjoying it!

I think even when following the correct “path” you could not make it without taking any damage, so using your constitution or a few potions is required. When eventually doing the Devotion Dungeon with the Elements theme, just run straight to the clear ground-tiles, use your constitution to heal up, then continue.

There’s a hidden pathway behind the large memorial. I added a Point of Interest in Patch 3 which marks it on your map. To open it up you need to interact with one of the torches (the one that’s not lit) on the side. You might need to rotate the camera to spot it. But completing the quest with the wrong ashes might yield you even better rewards, depending on what you want — Loot or Experience.

By the way, if the mod gets too difficult or frustrating, you could always enable the Nydar Mode. I actually needed it myself when testing Ultimate.

So many great mods that i overlook some sometimes.I don’t have much time.I do at the moment though.I broke a rib on Wednesday but mostly recovering btw it hurts like hell for anyone that wants to know :grin:

So when you say to make a new save file for every new version of the mod do you mean we’d need a new character for every update to the mod we install?

No, all recently released patches do not require a new character. I just wanted to make sure that people won’t use a character created from before Update 8. These won’t work, since the update changed nearly everything.

Besides that, all future updates also won’t require new characters as well.

1 Like

Anyone know if there is a way to play both this mod and dawn of masteries together?

You can only play one mod at a time, and the char should generally be exclusive to that one mod too (in this case definitely)

Thank you for your reply! I was confused.

Just to get back to this a second.

I plan to port my environments over to the main campaign, as in 15+ new Rogue-Like dungeons you can randomly encounter. When doing this, I will try to clean up the source a bit, so only the necessary files are changed. Basically I will only change the campaign map, nothing else — to keep the experience “vanilla”.

This might make it possible to merge the mod with others, as long as a source and the permission from the author is given. But right now, there’s unfortunately no way.

That sounds awesome

I have been looking up and down the bridge, but I can’t find the chest the key opens in “Return the Lost Necklace”. Any hints?

Hello, your mod is awesome. I am a Chinese player, but I have encountered the problem that the text cannot be displayed while playing your mod. Can you provide me with a text for me to add? I will thank you very much!

The chest was stolen by a thief, there’s a note that indicates that. You will find the chest later on, near a large bridge, before getting to the Old Graveyard. Should have a Quest Marker on it!

Hello!

Did you try changing the game language to English inside the settings? You should be able to switch back and forth easily. Besides that, I have no idea how to fix this. Do you have the same problem with other mods?

The text is included in the source (download in the OP), but we are talking dozens of text, conversation and quest files. If you meant doing a translation by it, then this would take an insane amount of work. All text might be well over 15000 words, which would be over 33 pages of pure text to translate.

Although this will be very tiring, but I will feel very content to allow the majority of Chinese players to play such a good expansion!

Unfortunately, I didn’t find the language pack file in the source files in your OP, only the source data, which is really a shame!

I will try to figure out a way to make it possible! Until now I did not even know how translations were working in Grim Dawn.

Don’t have a lot of time right now tho, so it might take me a while.

If the tags are included in your source files (I don’t see why they wouldn’t be) then the translation files are all there waiting to be translated already.

I think the problem is with the Quest and Conversation Files. They can’t be edited through a text editor. The actual Localization Files are normally provided by Crate and not included in the source.

So there doesn’t seem to be a way to easily convert the Quest/Conversation Files to a simple text file that can be translated. Here is a way listed to do it manually, but there are 198 different Quest Files (mostly Bounties) and 96 Conversation Files to handle.

Then there is also this particular long and nested file, which would take a really long time.

As I already said, this would be an insane amount of work to even do the groundwork.

When I port over my environments to the main campaign, I probably will remove 95% of all Quest and Conversation Files, so might as well provide the text files then. But for Nydiamar it’s not possible, unfortunately — except if someone finds a way to convert them all through a script or something.

But I really need to do translation work. The current English interface makes many players feel uncomfortable. I will try to transplant the skills to the main line, which will solve some of the problems!

Hey, is anyone having problems with the shrines? When i click on them, nothing happens. :confused: