[Mod] Nydiamar

If you’re using Rainbow Filter then update that.

Using No Rainbow Filter. Actualy tag not found occurs with all merchants. you have the name and then underneath there is TAG NOT FOUND where one should actually find the type of merchant written (eg: dealer, quartermaster). Occurs only with this mod. With other mods all is fine.

Normally, without any mods, you would have the profession of a NPC written next to its name, and not underneath, right? If the game, for whatever reason, forces to show the tag, then you might get the Tag not found, since I removed it — that’s why other mods are working.

Are you using any other mods or tools in addition?

Using Grim Internals. Loaded game without Grim Internals same problem. Also using GrimCam otheriwsie nothing more. See image:

Oh, now I got what you meant! I thought you were talking about the name tag when you mouse over a character …

I got the same problem. I’m gonna fix it in a future patch, thanks for letting me know!

Was NydiamarMainCampaign removed ?

The normal version still has NydiamarMainCampaign included, although not updated (does not matter, as long as the items won’t get removed).

I removed NydiamarMainCampaign from the version with the Diablo 3 classes, so I assume you are playing with them? You can still play the classes in the normal main campaign, just download and use the Diablo 3 Classes mod directly — all Nydiamar items will be gone, so you either put them all into your personal stash (especially the Level Token), or you can’t play Nydiamar afterwards again with this character. Do a backup of your character to be safe, since I did not test this.

Really did not expect someone to use it, so I did not bother to add it (since it would have required some work), but if you want me to upload it, then go ahead and ask!

I assume you mean the shared stash…

The problem is that my network can’t link Mega.nz :frowning_face:

Is the NydiamarMainCampaign still needed to be able to get all monster infrequents ? or with the increased mod content this is not necessary ?

Oh, I thought the personal one was mod specific too, like the shared one. Apparently not.

As a side note, Soulbound items are not working in Custom Games, since you should not be able to put them into the shared stash, but somehow you can.

Yes, is still needed. I have uploaded it for the Diablo 3 classes.

Do this:
- Download and install the Diablo 3 Classes mod by Grimer — Patch 3.5 Update 1 & Hotfix 1
- Download Diablo 3 Main Campaign Files under Miscellaneous Files (or alternatively from Mega.nz) and overwrite the files in the Diablo_III folder
- Better remove the folder NydiamarMainCampaign (in case you have it installed) to prevent you from accidentally loading into it

That’s it. I appreciate that someone is actually using this.

Next up for Nydiamar is going to be a new dungeon that will feature some sort of Tower Defense mini game, so stay tuned.

As for the Monster Infrequents, since you can get almost all of them through several loottables from the Crucible, I’m gonna add some new Beutekugel variation(s) and chests that will drop them all in Nydiamar, so you won’t need to switch over any longer. Might also add recipes for crafting a Monster Infrequent from a specific category, e.g. Weapons, to lower the randomness.

1 Like

Super news. Thanks!

So here’s what I was working on.

Next update will bring a new arena called Escalation. As the name suggests, the spawns of enemies escalates further and further the longer you go, with no upper limit — you might reach a point where the amount of enemies is no longer bearable (due to your weak character or more likely the performance) and you might consider leaving the arena for good. Every minute or so several spheres respawn in each corner — popping them all grants you a reward that gets better the more often you do this procedure. You can also choose the escalation difficulty and which enemies you will encounter beforehand.

The update also adds another whole new area. The main part is a large swamp where you might do some treasure hunting. Following the main path takes you directly to a new mini game, which requires you to use multiple towers to defend yourself — You are the core, hiding in your cozy ‘fortress’; You almost deal no damage and have your health reduced to only 1%, meaning that you can not fight for yourself; Enemies will hunt you down, you can not escape them; Surviving multiple waves gets you several rewards and eventually unlocks the exit.

Gonna take me a while to finish it up, but the ‘no fun’ parts are already done. Now onto balancing everything and adding the new Beutekugeln.

1 Like

Awesome mod.

Keeping this short but sweet.

Pros:

• Amazing landscapes
  • Endless content
  • Some interesting short stories
  • Great difficulty curve
  • A lot of polish and work done to actually revisit this world, kind of like a side expansion to Grim Dawn

Cons:

• There might be a story here, although I have no idea what’s going on.
  • A lot of complex mechanics at the very start of the game, kind of overwhelming.
  • A lot of fog
  • Not a particular fan of so many blank map zones
  • Strange flow of progression in terms of map/zone changes, not really sure how they relate to each other and changes drastically 1/4-1/2 way through.
1 Like

Awesome mod indeed!

One question, I noticed that switching from the main Nydiamar map to “Nydiamar main campaign” and back messes up all waypoints; I was able to fix the map by copying a backup over but it happens every time I switch between the two.

Is it “intended”? Any workarounds?

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback!

I did not plan out anything at all (never expected to put out that many updates) and just wanted to create maps (mostly Rogue-Like Dungeons) with the available assets, so that’s why most things feel a bit disconnected. Also why there is no story besides some guidance — the maps came first, so I would need to shoehorn one into it. Might eventually add one in the future, but my writing skills are not impressive.

I will address both of these in the next update (I assume you meant the map overview with blank map zones)! Not all maps will get an overview, like the Nightmare, since there it does not make sense to have one, but others like the Strange Well.

Well, that’s true. I have two tricks I always use, the fog layer and the gloomy lighting throwing long shadows. Probably not to everyone’s liking, but I try to compromise!

Not intended at all! Probably a bug introduced by the latest patch.

Here’s a workaround:

• Go to Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\user
  • Go into your characters folder
  • Create a new folder, name it something like ‘__other maps’
  • Now move all ‘… .map’ folders of maps that you don’t want to play right now into the new folder
    • ‘levels_world001.map’ is NydiamarMainCampaign; ‘Maps_nydiamar.map’ is obviously Nydiamar
  • Do this procedure every time you want to switch campaigns

Hope that works for you!

Ah that makes sense, worked like a charm!

Thanks!

That’s a fair breakdown. Most of those “issues” were highly opinionated anyway, I can’t imagine it’s the same complaint for others and I don’t expect you to change anything at all. I think what you have here is a good thing, regardless, so keep it going and do what you do, it’s working.

EDIT: I should also add that you should’ve made a discord for this mod. Maybe it’s too late to do it now, but some things you’ve learned creating this might be useful to others also.