[Mod] Nydiamar

OK!I found it。 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why are there no monsters in the arena?

You are not supposed to fight anything on your own in there, but instead to watch your monsters fight other monsters.

You can acquire new monsters by gambling Soul Vessels you might already have dropped randomly (or by capturing bosses). Open them through the NPC (that soul thingy) up there. To initiate a fight just do so through the lectern right at the railing from above the arena, where you could then also watch the whole fight play out. Open some Bundle of Currency beforehand, since a fight costs you currency.

Here’s the update post with a long explanation, or read the way shorter tutorial from the lectern called Bestiary, right next to that soul thingy.

The whole thing is optional and won’t open up anything new, just something fun to grind for and to do on the side — Although you can get some Binding Stones this way, which are really cool (they let you summon your monsters anywhere, including captured bosses, but only once per stone).

1 Like

Oh, I see. Thank you for your answer. :smiley:

So I’m working on something new right now. It won’t be an addition to this version of Nydiamar, but instead a new restructured version of the whole mod, that will also play completely different.

Currently Nydiamar is a somewhat linear campaign that is designed around building a new character.

The new version, called Nydiamar Dungeons (or something like this), will feature a new large dungeon. It connects most of the areas you can find in the current version. All the areas you know of, e.g. the Nehada Desert, are repurposed into “isolated” Rogue-Like Dungeons.

The new main dungeon is structured into several parts. The first part only has the entrances to six dungeons. To advance to the second part, you gonna need to complete them all first. The order of which you encounter these dungeons is different as the campaign, for example the area Above the Waste is one of the first ones you play through, while in the campaign it is one of the last.

The difficulty of every area will be increased drastically by adding more encounters and increasing the enemy level scaling by a lot (and even more the further you get in the main dungeon).

Overall 15 to 19 dungeons will be included. So in the end you could call this separate version an insanely large Rogue-Like Dungeon.

Here’s what makes it different — You no longer create a new character but instead use an existing one (would be frustrating to level one in there)! All of you probably already have some decent end-game characters you could use.

I already wrote a simple script that copies a legit character (or all) from your main campaign to your modded games, so you could easily use your own to complete the challenging content. This will be included in the download, so you only download the mod, start the script, select the character, and then can already play.

While this is not decided yet, I plan to add a reward for completing the full dungeon that also resets everything if you take it (might be optional). Since you probably got plenty of loot from the dungeons before, it would be more likely for the reward to be 10 Skill and Attribute Points or so upon completion (the whole thing, so all 15 to 19 dungeons) — which might also apply a permanent debuff (reduced health points for example) for your second playthrough, where you could again get rewarded some more points, and so on.

You know about the weekly Diablo 3 Challenge Rifts? There, if I remember correctly, you play a random build with which you need to complete a Greater Rift with.

So my other idea would be to include a collection of already interesting (and maybe niche) built characters in the download. These characters do not need to be fully realized, maybe they have some unallocated Skill Points left, some equipment to optimize, or maybe some more levels to gain. Their inventory only has what is deemed necessary, for example certain potions.

The point of this is that you are encouraged to work with a new (sort of random) build, without the hassle to do it on your own. Since the dungeon is very challenging, you might have some more trouble to complete it with some characters compared to others, as it is intended.

Now which builds are going to be included needs a separate discussion, maybe not here, since there’s not much happening here anyway. I’m really looking for niche (or meme) builds, which use unpopular skills or skill combinations.

All of this is not finalized, currently I have only built the main dungeon, which is missing polish.

3 Likes

Here are some screenshots of the new dungeon, still work in progress. All these rooms / sections represent a known Nydiamar location.

Currently the full dungeon consists of overall 19 Rogue-Like Dungeons, which should offer quite some playtime.

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

1 Like

Yes, that’s how they work. I’ve had a few that were insanely difficult, but most are pretty easy if you’re familiar with the game.

Yeah, has been a while since I have played through one, but I also remember them being quite easy, even with characters I have never played before.

Nydiamar Dungeons …:thinking:
When i have time i will play them but for now i have some ideas about implementing the dungeons in the main C .

Saw that you made another mod for the infrequents , what about creating a mod that has only the base game content and a second one that gives acces to expansions and removes some areas in the base game .

This way you can add your areas and creating something like a story for Nydiamar like a new chapter unlocked after Defeating the Loghorrean .
The Entrance :

Here

x

And you can go :

A lot of Options

Map

The first Mod allow the player to play the base game without the expansions giving acces to elite and ultimate when completed(Or Adding token to vendor) and changing to second mod that has the Nydiamar content the player can increas the difficulty if he wants.
In D Crossing a new npc explains that some areas were destroyed and you can not acces them or something like that but the Bosses can be moved to some area to fight them if you want .

For example :

All of this can be removed

Map2

And bosses can be moved in the upper area or make the spawn in the wardens cellars

map4

A lot of areas can be removed and the bosses moved to another location

The quest from the base g should be removed after defeating L in the first mod then switching to second mod you will continue completing the Ashes , FG and Nydiamar in other difficulty if you chose .

Do not know if you are interested in something like this but it is something i had in mind that seems for me to be a good solution for implementing the Nydiamar content in the GD Story

Awesome work so far , keep it going :+1:

1 Like

Unfortunately this would require a lot of effort (dozens of hours with testing) when the player could just change the mod entry to the other campaign in the main menu. I would also need to remove about 400 (or even more) regions — That’s basically one whole expansion to remove (or lets say act 1 to 3 plus some more)! As a size reference, Devil’s Crossing, up to each bridge, is one region.

What I initially wanted to do was exactly this but without the “campaign structure”. Basically what I did with Nydiamar Dungeons, but integrated into the main campaign (as new end-game content). This sounded really awesome to me, since I could make if feel natural and fitting instead of being displaced. So should I do a merge, then more likely with Nydiamar Dungeons instead.

Taking into consideration of how much time this would eventually require, I would also rather create something like a new dungeon instead of doing the merge, which probably includes lots of frustrating trial&error and bug testing. Merging seems fine if I could just “Merge & Forget” it, but I already tried it twice and it did not work too well.

Nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Uh, I misunderstood it, you were talking about two versions, which would avoid the region limit. Still, would be lots of work, which could be used to create two new whole dungeons instead, for example.

Probably a bit of a stupid question, but with regards to the Diablo 3 weapons, is the Spectrum sword included? Just want to know if it’s futile to try and find it or not.

I could not find it in the files, so I assume not? Although you are probably better off asking in the Diablo 3 mod thread (almost all weapons should be included in Nydiamar too).

I’m currently working on Update 13 for Nydiamar.

Right now it won’t really bring much new (compared to previous updates), except some minor changes, a small new location and an update to the Diablo 3 Classes mod, but if anyone has some suggestions, then let me know now — It’s uncertain if and when I might work on another update, so this is the best time for me to fix anything bad with Nydiamar. I already got plenty of suggestions in the past, and hopefully addressed them all, but there might still be things left to improve I personally don’t spot, like confusing objectives or bad englash.

(For example)
Are there any areas …

• missing directions?
  • missing content / things to do?
  • not rewarding enough?
  • that could look better or more interesting?

Are there any …

• encounters considered too unfair or difficult?
  • NPCs, dialogs or items not written well enough?

Might the mod be too rewarding (or the reverse)?
Might the (new) soundtrack be too unfitting (or should it be used more often)?

My goal is to have a nice flow throughout the mod, where nothing completely takes you out / distracts you / annoys you.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and if nothing comes, I gonna assume that everything works and plays well enough — which it actually should already, considering how damn much time I put into polishing it.

These are the changes I have made so far, without doing a new play-through beforehand. Playing through the mod again will probably add a bit to it.

Current Changelog

Changes to Existing Content

• Added a whole new location that expands the beginning — Shady Forest (& a Boss Arena)
    • Ah, I have been expecting you. New Boss Fight: Wardens, but many of them. Killing one splits it into two new Wardens. Killing a split Warden, you guessed it, splits it into another two Wardens.
    • A hidden trapdoor which lets you skip a short part of the beginning (past the barricade in the Outpost)
  • Updated Diablo 3 Classes mod to the most recent version
  • Added a Sound Effect for when a Beutekugel drops, as well as when you pop one
  • Renamed several NPCs to the same format as in Nydiamar Dungeons
  • Suspicious Scarecrows can now be found more often
  • Reduced the drop rate of Epic and Legendary Items — Before you were bombarded a bit too much with good loot, but now that there is plenty of content to do, I thought to reduce it a bit, but not by much
    • Chance to not drop an Epic or Legendary Item when you should is around 7%, instead you now drop a low rarity Beutekugel
  • Fixed the scaling issue in Nightmare (Darkness)
  • Increased the level scaling of enemies
    • Enemies of Normal rarity +2
    • Enemies up to Champions rarity +1
  • You can now increase the difficulty (level scaling and mob density) on your own by modifying the files (same way as in Nydiamar Dungeons)

I will most prob start this soon as i have some time to kill.We on another 40days lockdown.It doesn’t bother me as now i got time for games.In the matter of fact.i played so much games games last 2 days that i couldn’t close my hand yesterday🤣.

Yeah, our lockdown certainly led me to do another update, so all is fine. Currently uploading it, so better wait until I got it up, before you give it a try.

Update 13

Ah, I have been expecting you …

New Location — Shady Woods & Fields

Intended to open up the beginning a bit — It is quite small and unimpressive compared to all other areas I have added through updates so far, but I actually did not even plan to add one in Update 13, so better than nothing.

Shady Woods

Small area that expands the Abandoned House.

Shady Fields

A large boss arena! Fight Wardens — not one, but many of them. Whenever you kill a Warden the first time, it splits into two. The same happens with Wardens resulted from the first split. Kill them all to unlock your reward.

Find a hidden trapdoor taking you directly to the Outpost (with some Dynamite), basically skipping a short part of the beginning. Key can be found inside a stump somewhere in the Shady Woods.

Changes to Existing Content

• Updated Diablo 3 Classes mod to the most recent version
  • Added a Sound Effect for when a Beutekugel drops, as well as when you pop one
  • Renamed several NPCs to the same format as in Nydiamar Dungeons
  • Suspicious Scarecrows can now be found more often
    • When destroyed now has a certain chance to spawn One Punch Guy — Hunts you down very slowly; Can not die; One-shots you
  • Reduced the drop rate of Epic and Legendary Items — Before you were bombarded a bit too much with good loot, but now that there is plenty of content to do, I thought to reduce it a bit, but not by much
    • Chance to not drop an Epic or Legendary Item when you should is around 10% / 6%, instead you now drop a low rarity Beutekugel
  • Fixed a Main Quest bug
  • Fixed a scaling issue in Nightmare
  • Increased the level scaling of enemies
    • Enemies of Normal rarity +2
    • Enemies up to Champions rarity +1
  • You can now increase the difficulty on your own by modifying the files (check this post to see how) — You can adjust:
    • Enemy density
    • Level scaling of enemies
      • Change the value averagePlayerLevel+0 to whatever you want
    • Drop rate of Epic and Legendary Items (Undo the change from above)
      • Reduce the Weight of the last entry in both mastertables

Last update for a while, currently don’t have any major ideas of what I could add.

Enjoy. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

3 Likes

I can’t find the download link of u13, please give the address clearly, thank you.

You need to scroll down past all the update descriptions. Till you see this…

I went a bit overboard with the amount of clutter … might format it differently in the near future.

Here’s the Nexus page, since you were having problems with mega.nz last time.

EDIT: I improved it by adding a link leading directly to the download section. Can’t be missed anymore!

1 Like

Vendors for GD factions have tag not found