[Mod] Nydiamar

Really liking the mod, but it appears you didn’t include some (any?) of the item updates post-1.0.3.0 at least, since I just got the Mythical Dread Knight’s Legplates, one of the items integral to my build, and they’re the old, crappy version without any + damage or decent skill modifiers. I’d kind of hoped those would have made it in with one of the patches.

Anyway, just wondering if it got missed in a patch, or if we won’t have the updated items until update 7.

All items are not up to date (still from the release of AoM), sadly. There’s one easy fix for this, which I will upload. I will delete any copied record related to items, but this also means that each item will have it’s normal cost, instead of 1 iron bit - which is not a problem at all and actually completely unnecessary.

[b]Update 6: Expansion Update

PATCH 4[/b]

Changes

• All items are now up to date.

If you think something is missing and should be included, let me know.

Enjoy~

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION (Size: 29.4 MB) (Patch 4 included)
i Installation: Delete the old folder ‘Nydiamar’, then drop the new one.[/i]

POST OF PATCH 2

POST OF THE LATEST UPDATE

Thanks so much. You’re awesome.

I got weird crashes all the time i step in a specyfic area in Your mod and i can’t tell if You could read .bmp files from crash to even look at it but i can show this area on screenshot i attached. Every time i try to go there there is starting fps drop and after like 3 sec there is black screen and music is still playing but i can’t do anything than end process and get error to send it to game developers :stuck_out_tongue:

Last time i played it worked perfectly, maybe there is something wrong when i updated mod with Your update.

This is caused by waves - whenever you get close to them, the game crashes. I got the same problem in the editor, so I can’t actually remove them right now. I may have an older copy of Grim Dawn somewhere, so maybe I can remove them with that version.

Since this happened after the recent update (1.0.5.0), maybe there’s gonna be a fix for it soon …

Edit: I managed to fix it within my working (on which I experiment everything new) version of Nydiamar. I will upload the fix next week, when I got the time for it (need to get the source of the uploaded patched version first). Maybe it’s gonna get fixed by Crate till then (or not, if this comes from my end). I hope so, I think those waves are adding a lot visually to the scene.

Thanks man for response :wink: ok i will just go around spots that will crash if i will find another one i will post :slight_smile:

[b]Update 6: Expansion Update

PATCH 5[/b]

Changes

• Removed waves since they lead to crashes.

Did not have the time to add the new items. Will do in Update 7.

Enjoy~

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION (Size: 29.4 MB) (Patch 5 included)
i Installation: Delete the old folder ‘Nydiamar’, then drop the new one.[/i]

POST OF PATCH 2

POST OF THE LATEST UPDATE

Thanks for all the work, vanilla is so stale and this is a fantastic mod.

woop woop all praise our lord Van Houck - thanks man :wink:

Planned New Location – [b]The Hawton Mine[/b]

A new challenging dungeon coming with Update 7.

Find and eliminate one or more lieutenants to acquire the office key. Fight the boss at the office and unlock the reward area above the Idyllic Waterfall. Clear the wasp area for additional rewards.

What’s currently missing is enemy placement, all the scripting and some other minor details and adjustments.

Some pictures
Click on each picture for a higher resolution

[b][u]Hawton Mine

Wasp area within the mine

Above the Idyllic Waterfall

[/u][/b]

Planned changes to current content (so far)

[ul][li]Changed ‘Shard Quest’ – Quest will be initiated by picking up the first shard; Quest progress will update only when all segments are found; No NPC-interaction required to complete the quest (well, besides the lever).[/li]
[li]Environmental improvements – as in Music; Sounds; Weather.[/li]
[li]Dialog & Text rewriting and improvements – Renaming of many NPCs (Lana …); Rewriting of Lectern of Wisdom dialog, to make it less confusing; Adding more dialog to the Point of Interests.[/li]
[li]New NPCs and Point of Interests.[/li]
[li]Changes to enemy encounters / placements – Relocating and removing many encounters, for example Alkamos; Making encounters less chaotic; Making difficult encounters more spread out.[/li]
[li]Balancing loot from chests and adding new ones to the world.[/li]
[li]Perhaps a story to go with.[/li]
[/ul]

Next Location – Snowy Landscape.

Thanks for the nice words!

wow Your mod really are going to be Grimd Dawn 2.0 :smiley: i am a fan of Your work man :3

Really great mod, enjoying it a lot!
I wanted to switch the character to the main campaign but the option is missing.
Do I need to edit something? Am I missing a file?

Thanks!

Yes. I forgot to put the main campaign mod into the latest upload. Sorry.

Download the patch 2 version where the required mod is still included. Only copy the ‘NydiamarMainCampaign’ folder over, not the ‘Nydiamar’ folder.

PATCH 2 VERSION

You would then still play ‘a mod’ / custom game. If you want to switch completely over to the actual main game, you need to do this. Recommended if you want to play with friends, else my mod solution should be fine.

Planned New Location – [b]Snowy Landscape[/b]

A new environment coming with Update 7.

Some pictures

[b][u]Snowy Landscape

Ruins

An Ice Cave

[/u][/b]

[ul][li]Changed ‘Shard Quest’ – Quest will be initiated by picking up the first shard; Quest progress will update only when all segments are found; No NPC-interaction required to complete the quest (well, besides the lever).[/li]
[li]Dialog & Text rewriting and improvements – Renaming of many NPCs (Lana …); Rewriting of Lectern of Wisdom dialog, to make it less confusing; Adding more dialog to the Point of Interests.[/li]
[li]Changes to enemy encounters / placements – Relocating and removing many encounters, for example Alkamos; Making encounters less chaotic; Making difficult encounters more spread out.[/li]
[/ul]

Previous Location – Hawton Mine.

Next Location – Nehada Desert Ruins.

I have planned three more posts like this to cover the remaining locations.

looks awesome. ty for your efforts :slight_smile: fun to play mod

Amazing work !

the Killer Bench was sure cool asset :D:D

Planned New Location – [b]Nehada Desert Ruins[/b]

A new environment coming with Update 7. Continues where the current end of Nydiamar is.

Some pictures

[b][u]Nehada Desert Ruins

[/u][/b]

[/ul]

Previous Location – Snowy Landscape.

I thought I should drop by and say something about the current state of my mod, since nothing happened here for a long time at all (well, more like just a few weeks).

Turns out most areas are taking more time than I thought, heh … but still, I’m working on it and making decent progress recently.

The next update brings another new challenge dungeon. This one took most of my time, you may guess why if you get around to play it someday.

A New Challenge Dungeon (No name yet)
As always, click on each picture for a higher resolution

The Snowy Landscape is done by now too. I planned to open up the ruins shown in the upper part of the picture below, but cut it since it would’ve been too much work on top of everything else. I may do it for a future update.

Snowy Landscape Ruins

There will be two Transition areas - and eventually a third one, leading up to the final fight, may follow in a future update. You probably will hate it, but I love the atmosphere. :slight_smile:

???

Right now, I’m finishing up the last two areas you will visit. The layout is done, so all I need to do is adding details to the areas. The second area called Ashes or something will be pretty huge compared to everything I have done so far, especially if you consider the first area a part of it (So overall, let’s call them together Otherworldly Areas). Huge enough, so you will be able to unlock a shortcut in the second area, to be able to skip the first one in future playthroughs. You can make the final battle in Ashes more challenging and rewarding by interacting with two lecterns scattered around the area. The extra challenge will be randomised. You will encounter random traps and one new enemy type in the second area, too.

First Area (No name yet)

Ashes

I don’t think I will do another post about an upcoming location. My next major post will be the update itself. Probably in one or two months.

[b][SIZE=“4”]Previous New Location Posts

Nehada Desert Ruins

Snowy Landscape

The Hawton Mine[/SIZE][/b]