[Mod] Nydiamar

OMG u tricky bastard haha :smiley: ok then thanks now i am going to bounce off the wall to the wall till the end times! :smiley:

P.S: I am really enjoying Your mod content <3

A Progress Update

Everything I show is a Work in Progress and still missing important details
Some pictures may disappear (as always) - I will soon relink them

– I’m currently working on five new environments:

A snowy landscape

… a snowy area with varying vegetation, lighting and enemies. Shown is the camp (spawn), the upper part and the entrance to the ruins. Again, missing many details, as well as correct lighting and fog density. Same size (and purpose) as the Nehada Desert.

Two otherworldly environments

… second one will be similar to the already existing area you visit for the ‘Shard of Nebulbeth’-quest. Picture shown is taken from that location, since the new one isn’t polished enough.
… both are different areas and not directly connected. They will be of similar size as the Nehada Desert.

The connection between each area will be through a fourth area called ‘Transition’, which is similar to the beginning – The Prison (Mystic fog, ruins, flooded).

Hawton Mine

… the Hawton Path will lead to a huge mine. Picture doesn’t show much, since nothing else is polished enough to show.

The mine is optional and will offer a great reward when completed. You need to find and eliminate one or more randomly located lieutenants to acquire a specific key, which will unlock the path leading to the main office.
After fighting the final boss, you unlock a new path behind the office leading to a small area above the Idyllic Waterfall. A nice view over the Yamuna Forest and your rewards will await you there. The mine is repeatable (the key will be consumed) and therefore a great farming spot.

A small wasp area with one or more wasp bosses may be located there too.

– The Yamuna Forest will be expanded by opening up the area with the massacre so you no longer get stuck in the middle of the forest.

– For now, two new enemies:

Crystals will spawn packs of enemies on destruction – Different types, varying from small, normal and large crystals, as well as crystals which will split into smaller ones on destruction. Depending on the type, those crystals yield some terrifying skills.

Minions will be extremely small, tank-y enemies to annoy you. They may flee when on low health (currently not getting it to work, alternatively they may spawn packs of enemies (those won’t reward you items or XP)) and will spawn a worthy reward chest when killed. Think of goblins in Diablo 3.

All of this will potentially expand the mod enough to overtake the size of Act I of Grim Dawn!

Lemme know if you got some suggestions or ideas so I may work on them for the next update! As for the current version, I believe there’s nothing worthwhile to change / improve, so I won’t touch anything that’s already there, except the Yamuna Forest.

Enjoy the current version ~

Almost missed this, excellent work as always, my man.

Woah what the fuck
Those screens look stunning. Especially the one with aether crystals

hrmmm

as im scrolling through…

hngg…gahhh!!!

On another note, I was astound by the new pathmaking and creativity shown in a few area around malmouth ugdenbog, be it by the new asset and the interconnect zone connecting the whole area.

But then, nothing beats the day when Asterkarn Valley released. They way they hint what next area inhibit and hold as a background down the crest were astounding!

Hey, your mod looks really awesome! I only got a problem with getting it to work, or rather importing an existing character to the mod.

I’m doing everything as explained, but in step 6 (“Now copy the folder called “Maps_maptest.map” in your newly created character folder to the character you want to play with”) that folder doesn’t exist. I tried it a few times, it won’t create the folder. I can create new chars for the mod, but I can’t add existing ones :confused:
Also, sry if dumb question, but is it supposed to spawn you in the regular start of the game and the mod just adds extra dungeons and such later on?

It’s my first time trying to get a mod to work, so sorry if stupid :stuck_out_tongue:

You are supposed to spawn here! Your imported char should get kicked back to the main menu if the named folder is missing.
Make sure that you select the first mod entry, called ‘Nydiamar’, not ‘NydiamarMainCampaign’ (which lets you spawn at the regular start and play the game normally, but with the equipment from the actual mod).

The mod is completely separated, like The Crucible. I actually tried to do something like this, merging everything I created with the actual campaign, but somehow too many things like lighting or names were messed up and a too huge time investment to correct.

I uploaded the folder and will add it to the guide. So just download mine if you don’t get it to work. Alternatively, you could do this, but the other way around (copy to ‘user’-directory and check the ‘In Mod’-checkbox).

One annoying AS FCK thing is spam on my screen about quest progress with segments… to find all 12 omg it won’t stop, i am pissed off by the fact game is freaking out by this one and it is rly shitty :furious: (how to disable this crap from showing up?)

Thanks for telling. Well, you have to wait till it stops or reload the session to stop it, for now. But it’s annoying for sure! Same as the skeleton quests.

Gonna fix this by changing the objective to a token, so there will be only once a quest progress update after you have acquired all segments. But it will take quite some time till I finish the next update …

Thanks Van Houck for respond :wink: well u know if u have only 50 skeletons to kill it isn’t that much pain in the ass but with this segments oh my god man, i put 8 segments i found in stash and it started spamming for 2 minutes or more and wouldn’t stop it - even when i have taken them from stash to inventory (i guess quest update message was queued for LOOONG time to show :stuck_out_tongue: and i think that is the case). Ofc i am waiting for new content and update for this mod coz it is so DOPE :smiley:

Hey, sorry for not writing back a while. I managed to get the mising folder and the Mod to run, but I still can’t import existing characters.

I copied the maptest.map folder into the other chars and it just won’t recognize them, I still only can play the char I created in the mod…

I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong here :confused:

So I just tried it again with a newly created main character, and it worked for me … seriously no clue why it doesn’t work for you.

While I will try to figure out a better and more convenient way to accomplish this for the next update, I want to make sure that you did everything right.

• So, you did copy your character folder (named as ‘_MAINCHAR’) from the ‘main’-directory to the ‘user’-directory.
  • Then downloaded (or created on your own) the folder called Maps_maptest.map (yeah, silly name, I know). There should be 3 additional folders in there, called Normal, Elite and Ultimate.
  • Copy the folder into your ‘_MAINCHAR’ folder. The character folder should now look like this:

levels_world001.map
Maps_maptest.map
player.gdc
player.gdc.bak

That’s it. I guess you already did exactly this … so I’m sorry if I could not help.

Yeah, I already tried it that way, I just don’t know…
Also, the character I created in the mod only shows up in the folder when I download the cloud files again… don’t know if that means anything…

Anyway, thanks for advice, Grim Dawn just doesn’t like me anymore I suppose :smiley:

This may be the reason.

You may try disabling Cloud Saving in-game (there’s an option for it in the settings). Restart the game. The game now shows all the characters located in ‘Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save’.

By the way, your characters saved in the Cloud should be located here: ‘\Steam\userdata\93681073\219990\remote\save’. They won’t show up if you disable Cloud Saving. I don’t know how one can upload a character to the Cloud, so you probably need to play my mod without it being enabled. :confused:

Hope that helps.

Unbelievable, THAT was the problem, I had to disable Cloud save :smiley: :smiley:
Thanks for bearing with me, now I’m gonna enjoy that Mod to the fullest haha

Hello.

Where can one find the mythical gear for the base game stuff? Can’t find them on the AoM merchants nor the regular ones. (ie. ‘Mythical Mark of Divinity’ and the Mythical Deathmarked set)

They are not included. :confused:
I’m sorry about that, did not see that there’s another folder with the mythical versions in it named upgraded

I will soon upload a small patch to add them.

[b]Update 6: Expansion Update

PATCH 3[/b]

Changes

• Added merchants selling the mythical versions of base game equipment to Underground Fortress. They will get relocated in Update 7.

Enjoy~

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION (Size: 29.7 MB) (Patch 3 included)
i Installation: Delete the old folder ‘Nydiamar’, then drop the new one.[/i]

POST OF PATCH 2

POST OF THE LATEST UPDATE

Thanks!!!

Thanks man for this little change :smiley: