[Mod] Nydiamar

I finally played my own mod for the first time normally till the end.

Took me roughly 1,5 hours. But I only played on Normal, no Veteran, picked the new Inquisitor class to try it out – which is amazing! Chose the ‘Head-Start’-option to start out with level 15. Managed to do all the content without dying, except once I died from an one-shot (see changes: ‘Immortal Golems’ …). Thought that I got too much loot, especially uniques, and too many low materials, which got annoying. So I nerfed it.

I’m gonna do a level 100 play-through on Ultimate next when I got the time.

[b]Update 6: Expansion Update

PATCH 2[/b]

Changes

• The ‘Immortal Golems’ located at the Strange Well will no longer one-shot you. Actually, they now won’t do anything at all, except terrifying you.
  • Made the path leading from Prison to Choice more obvious.
  • Revisited the otherworldly location (increased the size of the area where you fight the nemesis).
  • Reduced the amount of loot / chests at the end of the Strange Well (still a lot). Added more details to the Treasure Room.
  • More chests added to the first area – to make it more interesting.
  • Balanced all chests and their loot – less low materials, more normal (magic and rare) equipment, chests are now even more diverse - e.g. a gold chest has a higher chance to drop multiple uniques than a silver chest.
  • Chests now scale more with difficulty.
  • Increased the objective (required kills to complete) for many quests given by the Lectern of Questing – since some were too easy / quick.
  • Increased difficulty of Strange Well slightly.
  • Aether crystals: Receive them as a reward from the lectern (not listed under rewards); They now drop from chests.
  • Added fireflies back to Edge of Eternity!
  • Many small changes to dialog and text.
  • Quest markers! Actually not, did not get it to work.

Enjoy~

Look on page 10 for the Patch 3 & 4 notes.

POST OF THE LATEST UPDATE

I’m thinking that trap door didn’t make it into the patch. Unless its super super hidden.

That’s really weird. :confused:

Click this link for the image

The trapdoor on the right side is what you are looking for. Picture is taken from the same download I recently uploaded.

If it’s still not there, then I’m gonna do a complete new installation of Grim Dawn and test it again.

Edit: Of course, the image just disappeared … how freaking annoying that this keeps happening …

Yeah the little piece of wood is there but there is no hotspot. IE there is a log/rock there but nothing clickable.

It’s supposed to be a trapdoor, three planks in a row. At the default camera angle, it’s obscured by a large rock, so you need to rotate it around.

This somehow seems to be a common critique about Nydiamar, heh. I’m one who’s rotating the camera constantly, so it’s hard to see such flaws.

Apparently I could not find a better spot for the trapdoor, since it needs a huge hole below it, so when you open it you actually can look down. And I thought that I should put it near the other merchants, because that would make sense. That’s how it ended up being hidden down there.

I may add a small quest with a quest marker in the future, which would require you to get down to the extension to unlock the rift leading out / to the actual world.

So I will just guess that the trapdoor is there and clickable … or not? I quickly got a clean installation, and everything is working fine, even without having the expansion installed (well, assets are missing, but the trapdoor is there and working).

Its not there here is a screen shot.

Oops need one more post…

OK here is the screen shot…

https://imgur.com/a/NeCOe

This is the wrong spot. Look again at the picture (ignore my character), on the right side, at the small ruin, near the campfire, there’s the trapdoor. It absolutely must be there. Hope you find it now and enjoy my mod! :slight_smile:

Yep, I must apologize, it is there. And yes you must roll your screen to see it. Hhaha, and no in playing the game to 85 on about 10 characters and now a few to 100, ive never rolled the screen. I thought playing your campain wow he must really use different vue angles as I walked behind a mountain. Now we know :wink:

Alright I have no idea what I did wrong. I’ve downloaded the zip file, extracted it to the mods folder for grim dawn, made sure to select the Nydiamar map, made a new character, shadows are on high, and reflections are off. Despite all of this, whenever I start a game in the Nydiamar map I just end up in the regular game map, with nothing different. Is there something else I should be doing? Did i do something wrong?

Is there a way to copy my char. from the mod into the main campaign and use them in multiplayer? because as far as I can tell, swapping to Nydiamar main campaign map doesnt let me play multiplayer if my friends dont also have the mod.

Yes. First, go to ‘C:\Users%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save’, then copy your character from the ‘user’-directory to the ‘main’-directory.

Now you need this tool to be able to load your character. You can select your character you want to transfer on the ‘Char Editor’-tab. When selected, uncheck the ‘In Mod’-checkbox. Save the character. That’s it.

All the progress you made in ‘Nydiamar Main Campaign’ should carry over. If you want, you can unlock each difficulty and the shrines and riftgates you need in the ‘Char Editor’-tab too.

Hi Van Houck i must say OMFG this mod of Yours i am just reading now about it and i am stunned by work u just done here, wow man i am not at work but when i get back to home i will totally play Your awesome piece of art :wink: since i just bought Grim Dawn with expansion i was looking instantly for mods :smiley: and well i am here and found mod worth to play and best thing is u can switch from mod to campaign and vice versa :smiley: (I was actually looking on mod compilation called DAIL and now it is being in progress of redo from the basics of it as i have played it before on my cousin PC some time ago and then i decided i will get myself GD game <3) oh man i am wondering now what class (class-combo) to play ur mod heh, once again i am in love with Your work just by looking at the screens and reading all changes/fixes u made (i am experienced MOD player for any game supporting mods <3 coz MODs = long life of the game god damn it! :D). Woah enough of this writting :smiley: just wanted to end with keep the awesome work and peformance + do not abaddon this project or Yours that is clearly makes You proud of it same as community that plays it! :wink: Cheers!

Hah, thank you for the kind words! I hope you gonna enjoy it! :slight_smile:

Keep in mind, there are still many rough edges, which need some work. Currently I’m working on three new environments, each one the size of the Nehada Desert, and two new enemies (one with some variations), so stay tuned, there’s more to come!

awesome thank you. look fwd to it. take your time :slight_smile:

Thanks for response and that there is soon™ new content :slight_smile: awesome!

btw Van i got a bug or idk maybe it is intentional/unfinished but i am seeing in the beginning of the game in ruined houses there is item “Fluxphyt - A Terrifying Adventure” which cannot be picked up :smiley: can’t do screen shot in Grim Dawn coz all what is picked up by windows is black screen… and F12 in steam not working (maybe i need steam overlay to be enabled?) xD btw when u name item (armor) Don’t Touch Me - ofc i am gonna touch it like it would be ( . Y . ) :smiley: haha

hmmm does any1 got glitch or problem with character not casting light and u just walk fully in darkness? :smiley: u can only see character model nothing else beside walls (HARDLY THO coz they are black as fck) kinda weird and anyway Tomb is creepy as fck if GD would be first person view i would never ever enter that :smiley:

Middle screen is taken at the entrance before darkness xd and lighting is there normally and full darkness is freaking very bad u know :confused:

That’s exactly how it’s supposed to be! Your character in the first and third picture does cast light, as you can see on the walls, but there’s a layer of black fog on the ground – it seems to be a glitch, but it’s intended to disorientate you (and it’s only in one small room). The Tomb isn’t such a nice dungeon to play through because of the darkness, but actually offers great and easy rewards / chests to grab on the way to the two end fights, so look out. :slight_smile: