[Mod] Nydiamar

I was just wondering about this mod :slight_smile: I don’t post very often, but I check the forums twice daily. Hopefully I can check out this new version of your mod this weekend or next time i’m off from work. Thank you for your hard work and dedication!

Crate should definitely hire you as a level designer , man. Awesome work!

1. Take a bunch of acid
  2. Make a map mod
  3. ???
  4. Profit

As usual great work and really awesome looking screens

I agree. He and Ram (RoT mod) really know their stuff

Better late than never, I guess. (:

Hah, you better hope not! Seriously, you probably would not enjoy the expansion this month then, I’m freaking slow.

Thank you~

I actually wanted to write a long post about all the plans I got for the mod, but somehow did not get the time and motivation to do it. But I may do it in the future.

I will release the next update tomorrow. It includes a new location (the tomb) and some minor changes, mostly to dialog and lighting. What I will do next depends on the expansion, which may come with many new assets to work with, and hopefully doesn’t break too much.

Take all the time you need, dude, just don’t abandon this awesome project of yours. Thanks for all the hard work.

Pretty much this. There’s a reason why this and RoT remain the only mods in my signature because your work is absolutely stunning and deserves all the attention it can get

Update 5: Tomb

“It’s dark down there …”

What’s new?

New Location – The Tomb

The Tomb is a new side dungeon located at the Old Graveyard. I hope you enjoy smashing urns.

Some more pictures
Click on each picture for a higher resolution

Changes to the world / Polish

• Rewrote some dialog
  • Changed some of the background music and sounds
  • Changed some lighting and ‘colors’ of some areas
  • Balanced some enemy encounters, noteworthy the ghost pack at the Hawton Path, which could spawn up to 6 heroes at once on Ultimate
  • Added a stash and an anvil (for crafting) to Edge of Eternity
  • As always, some other minor things which I won’t name because I actually forgot them

The Tomb is not final – I want to see what the expansion comes with, and maybe add some new monsters / bosses, instead of using existing ones.

Additionally, I changed the Nexus link to the new layout (check it out!) and updated / added some new pictures to the opening post.

Enjoy~

Here’s an overview of the Strange Well I made quite some time ago

Sexy™ /10char

Superb work as always, Van Houck.

Update 6: Expansion Update

What’s new?

New Location – Underground Fortress

The Underground Fortress is a small extension to the current hub, Edge of Eternity. New merchants with all items which were added with the new expansion, Ashes of Malmouth, are located there, as well as the new faction merchants and an illusionist.

New way to play!

You can now easily switch to the main campaign with your character created within Nydiamar. You could complete (or only play half way through, as you want) my mod, and then switch over to the main campaign and continue playing there, even with the custom / modified items I created (everything carries over). You could even use my mod only to get a character instantly to level 100 and buy equipment at the hub, then immediately switch over. There’s no downside (I believe).

Use the second mod entry at the main menu, called ‘NydiamarMainCampaign’, to switch campaigns.

Restart the game before switching the campaign (the correct world map only loads after a restart)!

Changes to the world

• Increased the level cap to 100. This is optional – you still can play a level 85 character as before
  • Updated all items and enemies to their current version (as in: they now include all balance patches / changes which came since last year and are now up-to-date)
  • Updated many textures and assets placed in the world with new ones from the expansion (as well as music)
  • Balanced some enemy encounters, new encounter in the Tomb
  • Dialog changes / improvements & more chests in the world, as well as some changes to loot / drop rates (better chance to drop uniques on Ultimate)
  • Some fixes, including Vision Quest Sphere & Canister Skill (which accidentally got the nuke effect from ‘Bomber’)

I will make a wild guess without actually testing it, and say that the expansion, Ashes of Malmouth, is now absolutely required to be able to play Nydiamar.

Since I did not play the expansion yet, I don’t know if there’s still content (e.g. merchants or extra skill & attribute points from quests) missing. Comment if this is the case, so I can add anything missing.

At last, I finally updated the source to the current version.

Enjoy~

Read up more about Patch 2

To round up this update post, here’s a picture of the most complex and my personal favorite side-area in Nydiamar

It’s a Nyadiamar update, fuck yeah!

Some NPCs suddenly lost their hair … whooops. Here’s patch #1.

UPDATE POST

DOWNLOAD (Size: 29.7 MB) (Patch 1 included)

This looks fucking awesome!!!

Question though, all your download links look really small, does that mean I have to download each one and combine them together or is the last download link the entire mod?

The 29.7 MB download is the only one you need, which includes everything. Just drop both folders (from the downloaded .7z file) into your mods folder and you are ready to play.

Enjoy~ :slight_smile:

Ok cool thanks xD

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Did something wrong happen to my download or something? I start the mod and all there is is a small ruin and then just a massive fog area with unlit torches, I can’t find any lectern of wisdom that is mentioned in the OP

You need to follow the torches, the (narrow) path is right between the first and second one. I guess I could make it more clear, gonna add some walling to the left and right of the path in the next patch.

Patch 2 will come tomorrow, still need to fix some things.

Nvm, here’s patch 2 for now with a more obvious path and other changes, which I did not test yet. Better hope everything works fine! Hehe :slight_smile:

DOWNLOAD (Size: 29.7 MB) (Patch 2 included)

Gonna do a more detailed post tomorrow, with a new upload of patch 2 (including more changes than now).

Any thoughts on including the new Mythical/level 94 gear on vendors? Playing with level 75 gear against level 100 enemies is a little tricky in places.

Uhm, that’s what the latest update is about!

The Underground Fortress is a small extension to the current hub, Edge of Eternity. New merchants with all items which were added with the new expansion, Ashes of Malmouth, are located there, as well as the new faction merchants and an illusionist.

Look for the trapdoor at Edge of Eternity.