[Mod][Open]People Are Lazy

Introduction

So what is this mod about? Actually, about lazy people.

No seriously, It’ll make your life easier: This mod will make components and crafting materials such as scrap, royal jelly etc (including dynamites thought only these that drop and are not already placed in the world as I felt like having to download the entire map for such a small change would be kinda pointless) autopickable just the way it works for potions / food.

Version 1.0.0.5/later Changes

Due to the hardmod version creating to many problems with to many unknown sources, the support for this type will end with 1.0.0.4.

Same goes for the bounce version as it doesn’t work anymore with 1.0.0.5 as bounce mods are not supported officially anymore and they also don’t work the way they should.

Recommended for MP:

You should play using instanced loot when using this mod as ninja looting otherwise might get an entirely new meaning :stuck_out_tongue:

Also you can not play this mod together with persons who do not have it activated, if you’re the host, other players will not see any components dropping anymore and the other way round the auto pickup won’t work.

Installation

Soft Version

Not supported with 1.0.0.5 anymore
This will kick you back to the main menu when starting via custom game to enable playing this mod in the main game.

Download “people_are_lazy_1_0_0_4_soft.zip” and unpack it into your mods folder which should be located by default in your game’s install directory which is by default in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn

If there is no “mods” folder yet, you need to create it by hand.

Custom Game Version

This will let you play in the custom game menu without kicking you back to the main menu.

Download “people_are_lazy_1_0_0_5_F2.zip” and unpack it into your mods folder which should be located by default in your game’s install directory which is by default in:

If there is no “mods” folder yet, you need to create it by hand.

Hard Version

Not supported with 1.0.0.5 anymore
This version is installed into the game’s install directory directly to enable having this mod enabled all the time and therefore combining it with other mods.

Warning: Does not work if the secondly activated mod overwrites monster dbrs.

Download “people_are_lazy_1_0_0_4_hard.zip” and extract it into your game’s install directory directly (not into the mods folder) which is by default located in:

Make sure to backup “\database\database.arz”, “\resources\Scripts.arc” and “\resources\Text_EN.arc” before extracting the mod files into your game directory as these will be overwritten and without backup, lost.

Source

This is for modders who want to use this mod to combine it with their mods. Documentation on how the item pickup works exactly will follow later.

A small note containing who made the original mod will be appreciated.

Download “People_Are_Lazy_1_0_0_5_F2_Source.zip” and extract it into your working folder as it is a pure working version.

1.0.0.4 Changelog

• Adjusted game files to match version 1.0.0.4
  • Fixed a bug where vendors would sell bugged items
  • Fixed a bug where certain materials sometimes would not auto pickup

1.0.0.7 Hotfix 2 Changelog

• Adjusted game files to match version 1.0.0.7 hotfix 2
  • Applied Crate’s onPickup trigger to fix an issue were player could duplicate components on the ground unlimited times
  • Fixed an issue were certain vendors would sell strange blue yellow chess fields (special thanks to jiaco for pointing this out to me and providing some sample)

DOWNLOAD

Just what I am looking for. I will try it asap.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Edit: I have tried the mod (hard version) with another mod (Cornucopia v0.2) and 2 times autopick didn’t work on scraps, othertimes it was OK (for components no problem so far). I will give feedback as I play more.

Yeah i noticed that, too and a bug where the vendor tries to sell wrong items. I’ll look into that as soon as possible.

Thanks for the report :slight_smile:

Can you increase the auto pickup range by any chance? I’ve always been irritated by how small the range is because of the auto pickup delay when stuff drops and how you need to basically be on top of food/essences.

Aw yess, this is what I need

Really looking forward to try your mod!
Thanks a lot, that’s a great mod idea for us, lazy people :wink:

+1 to Increasing the range of pickup by a little.

Updated mod to 1.0.0.4

1.0.0.4 Changelog

• Adjusted game files to match version 1.0.0.4
  • Fixed a bug where vendors would sell bugged items
  • Fixed a bug where certain materials sometimes would not auto pickup

Unfortunatelly the range at which items get auto collected appears to be hardcoded.

No matter what I change in both physical and actor variables settings it just doesn’t pick up before the character stands above it.

I’ll have another try for the next version as I got another idea but I wouldn’t expect to much.

:undecided: Thanks for looking into it!

I’d really like your mod to be included in the DAIL compilation…
Great job!

So I really like this mod so far, but I noticed a major bug when installing this via hardmodding and playing on a leveled character. It seems like the gate in Devil’s crossing is closed off and there is no way to get through. See if you can look into it and get it fixed :wink:

Hi!

First of all: Great mod!
I enjoyed playing with it sooo much!

But there are some bugs, that I encountered while leveling a character.

1. The sidequest in the cave in the Rotten Croplands (the one with the little child inside) is uncompletable, because the dynamite is not usable with the interaction site.

2. The Abomination doesn’t trigger while walking infront of its gate.

I am using the “hard” version of your mod and I am very pleased besides of the bugs. It’s a great idea!
Thanks for all of you time and effort!
Keep up the great work.

I think I know what causes this and will look into it as soon as possible.

I’m sorry for the delay, but I’m preparing for final exam on friday so I don’t have that much time for gaming / modding atm.

You don’t need to apologize.
It’s just a game.
A game I love, indeed, but real life is always more important than working on a mod or something similar.

I wish you best luck for your final exam!

Thanks for your work here and take all the time you need!

I’ve updated the hard file with the fix I had in mind though I haven’t had the time to test it yet.

I hope it works.

(usually I wouldn’t upload something untested but since I won’t get to test that for the rest of the week and will be away for 2 weeks after that I’ll just release it directly).

Edit: I might need to fix another thing later since they released a hotfix in between…damn.

hard version, devils crossing gate won’t open, scraps not picking up, this is horrible

One more problem.
With hard version, the battle for release does not start at Wightmire rift.

Hi Elfe,

I’ve tried the ‘hard’ version as uploaded as of today with 1.0.0.5HF1. I realize the mod has not been updated for 1.0.0.5, however it did work correctly - components and scraps autopicked. I did experience the same issues as the posters above that stem from using a modified database file with the main game.
So, I tried the ‘Custom’ version, and this one just doesn’t function at all, unfortunately. I was able to get my character and blueprints to ‘link’ into the peoplearelazy world (thanks Davood) but autopicks do not work (or, rather, work as in vanilla.)

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help test any further or if you need any more information.

Hi Elfe,

are you still working on it. I have the same issues as the people above me. This kind of mod makes life easier and gameplay way better for the wrists. It would really be appreciated if you could update it to 1.0.5!

Update for version 1.0.0.5 Hotfix 2 has been released.

Due to problems with the hard version and crate ending support for bounce mods, only the usual world001 version which will start from custom quest and can be played there will be supported anymore.

I’m sorry for the delay, I haven’t been much into modding gd lately and since work has begun for me again, my time got limited, too.

Edit: Regarding an increased pickup radius, I tried several approaches that worked more or less good but the best I could get to work would always show the name of the item that will be picked up as “0 <name of item>” as it uses the iron class, which looks pretty stupid so that’s why I still stick with the small radius from foodtype items.

Hi,

awesome, thank you very much for your work! I am going to test it immediately.

Regards