[Mod] Reign of Terror

Hello,

I´ve just installed the mod bu I can´t play it, cause the Mana Bar is flashing in blue and red,and to monoton, but really flashing!

Kind Regards
Daniel

You have to follow install instructions closely.

If you have only base GD then use only RoT 0.2.0

For base GD + AoM you need RoT 0.2.0 + 0.4.2

For base GD + AoM + FG you need RoT 0.2.0 + 0.4.2 + 0.4.4

Make sure to extract RoT updates into Grim Dawn/mods folder (not Grim Dawn/mods/ReignOfTerror or anything like that)

1 Like

It worked lol thx! :smiley:

I know stuff breaking (like the devotion system broke for me) is because this is a mod but it’s still frustrating when something major breaks and you’re forced to delete a char and start over again after like 50+ hours.

Also, even though the leveling is supposed to be close to what it was/is in D2, I think the level range for each area needs to upped a little. Restarted my summoner again and I’m seeing mobs up to 4 levels below mine despite not doing any XP grinding. In fact, I don’t think I’ve seen any mobs that were the same level or higher then my char was.

You should be prepared for this when you signed up playing, the mod is still in alpha stage afaik.

Download:

ReignOfTerror_v0.5.0.rar (1,1 GB) Google Drive
ReignOfTerror_v0.5.0.rar (1,1 GB) MEGA

Installation:

• Place downloaded “ReignOfTerror” folder (located in ReignOfTerror_v0.5.0.rar) into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files

Notes:

• Update 0.5.0 is usable only with Forgotten Gods expansion.
  • Characters using Barbarian’s Tremor or Earthquake need to remove any skill points invested before applying the update!
  • Leveling progression was changed resulting in temporary visual bug of having XP bar “stuck”. This will get fixed once your character gains enough XP to level up.
  • This is not a standalone version. RoT 0.4.2 (or higher) is required before applying 0.5.0.
  • 0.5.0 update contains all data from previous 0.4.4 version.

Changelog

>>>>>>> Click here to show Changelog <<<<<<<

Major updates:

• Added first part of Act 5 (all the way up to Halls of Vaught - Betrayal of Harrogath quest)
  • Added Act 5 mercenaries (hired from Qual-Kehk after completing “Rescue on Mount Arreat” quest)
  • Added Shattered Realm (entrance via blue portal in Rogue Encampment cellar, Act 1)
  • Added 2 new hidden Uber bosses

Game:

• Further adjusted Player XP formula (more xp required to level up) due to the new content added
  • Ram NPC moved to Shattered Conclave and added conversation option to get “Hide item” transmog for every armor slot
  • Loyalist Pack 1-2 NPCs added to Shattered Conclave, owners of these DLCs can visit them to claim rewards

Items:

• Added Small Charms (Medal slot)
  • Added D2 skill affixes to these items:
    • Magic / Rare: Charm, Medal, Ring, Amulet, Chest armor
    • Unique: Hellfire Torch, Annihilus
  • Added D2 class relics (each hidden uber boss now has 25% chance to drop a class specific relic)
  • Added Ancient’s Pledge Runeword
  • Key of Destruction drop changed to Nihlathak (Act 5) instead of Izual (Act 4) on Hell difficutly, drop chance of all uber key increased to 15%

Map:

• Lava texture changed to match the original D2 version
  • Disabled town portal in Uber boss areas
  • Added return portals to Pandemonium Event uber areas
  • Players now always respawn in the last Town visited

Skills:

• Amazon

• Decoy: added 30s cooldown
    • Lightning Fury: fragments now have up to 100% chance to pierce
  • Assassin

• Fire Blast: increased dmg
  • Druid

• Fissure: increased effect radius from 1.5 to 3
    • Volcano: increased explosion radius from 1 to 2.5
  • Necromancer

• Poison Dagger: increased poison damage
    • Corpse explosion: new sound effect

UI:

• updated Stasher to v9 (+1 additional Personal / Shared stash tab)
  • added mod version info next to difficulty setting

Bug fixes:

• fixed various D2 item bonuses
  • fixed Guided Arrow attack animation
  • fixed augment item qualifiers
  • removed NM / Hell version of Potion of Life buff due to stacking bug
5 Likes

If start now it’s not recommend choose GD classes?

I would stick to D2 classes (at least for your main character) as GD classes will get removed at some point.

Did those skills get removed? Still downloading the update so can’t see for myself yet. Earthquake was a great addition to Whirlwind for single-target damage and proccing Devotion effects(

These skills are still available but I renamed their files so the old version lost reference and any points invested with it. That’s why you need to remove all points from them before applying the update.

Oh, I see, thanks for an update)

Elite enemies is unbalanced. They killed my amazon with several hits and have huge number of HP. Blood Raven is lvl 7… And this is normal diff.

Just got an interesting bug.

Killed Izual on Nightmare, but died to his frost puddle before talking to the spirit. When I came back through the portal - spirit was not there. Restarting the game also didn’t help - Izual is not present and I have “Talk to Izual’s spirit” in my quests.

Also, were there any balance changes which were not posted in changelog? I feel like my bowazon’s Strafe is doing even more damage then before.

Izual has more spawn locations, you have to find him again.

It gets better) You just need some items and levels. Amazon is crazy powerful later, just get Strafe and Penetrate.

ok , we are all here to start Grim Dawn because of this mod , right ? :grinning:
we will never NEVER forget D2 , right ?

thanks Ram for this 0.50 Update , and keep up the great work.

edit : why no donate ? , I would do that ! (yes i know the reasons from FAQ…)

You are more than welcome to support our next project. Me and Zakk have decided to make our own game after we’re done with RoT so we’ll need all the support we can get.

4 Likes

And how would I get prepared?

And for the 2nd or 3rd time, an update disabled ALL the waypoint portals I had already unlocked. And that was char #6 I think in restarting every time something breaks.

I mean you should be prepared mentally that things will change often

If you don’t want to restart, just stop playing until the mod is done, it’s really simple.

3 Likes