[Mod] Reign of Terror

Most of the dungeon entrances have multiple spawn points and only 1 of them shows up. There are 4 spawn locations for Den of Evil cave in Blood Moor, you just have to explore the whole map and find the right one.

Quests should not disappear after relog. Just make sure not to load RoT character in other game mode, otherwise you are going to lose everything RoT related from that character.

I create a character from scratch and do not try to go to them in other mods or official company.

So, mercā€™s are now lvl1 required but the lowest medal I remember unless they were changed for this mod, is lvl14? So you unlock the rogue merc at about lvl4 but you canā€™t use it til you get near the end of Act 1? Think they need to be changed to a much different slot or into something else.

You get lvl 1 medal as quest reward along with the merc.

What mechanics of mercs? They scaled with character? Useful on hell?

Yes, all Act 1 - Act 5 mercs scale with player char. stats. All of them should be viable on Hell diff.

1 Like

Just as a curious question, how many times have some of you restarted a char because a patch broke major stuff?

Why do you ask? This is a mod under development, free of charge, made by a fan - which I knew about when I signed up and started playing. I donā€™t care if char gets ā€œbrokenā€ or not - I just want this mod to become as best as it can be.

4 Likes

Hello,

IĀ“ve just installed the mod bu I canĀ“t play it, cause the Mana Bar is flashing in blue and red,and to monoton, but really flashing!

Kind Regards
Daniel

You have to follow install instructions closely.

If you have only base GD then use only RoT 0.2.0

For base GD + AoM you need RoT 0.2.0 + 0.4.2

For base GD + AoM + FG you need RoT 0.2.0 + 0.4.2 + 0.4.4

Make sure to extract RoT updates into Grim Dawn/mods folder (not Grim Dawn/mods/ReignOfTerror or anything like that)

1 Like

It worked lol thx! :smiley:

I know stuff breaking (like the devotion system broke for me) is because this is a mod but itā€™s still frustrating when something major breaks and youā€™re forced to delete a char and start over again after like 50+ hours.

Also, even though the leveling is supposed to be close to what it was/is in D2, I think the level range for each area needs to upped a little. Restarted my summoner again and Iā€™m seeing mobs up to 4 levels below mine despite not doing any XP grinding. In fact, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any mobs that were the same level or higher then my char was.

You should be prepared for this when you signed up playing, the mod is still in alpha stage afaik.

Download:

ReignOfTerror_v0.5.0.rar (1,1 GB) Google Drive
ReignOfTerror_v0.5.0.rar (1,1 GB) MEGA

Installation:

• Place downloaded ā€œReignOfTerrorā€ folder (located in ReignOfTerror_v0.5.0.rar) into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files

Notes:

• Update 0.5.0 is usable only with Forgotten Gods expansion.
  • Characters using Barbarianā€™s Tremor or Earthquake need to remove any skill points invested before applying the update!
  • Leveling progression was changed resulting in temporary visual bug of having XP bar ā€œstuckā€. This will get fixed once your character gains enough XP to level up.
  • This is not a standalone version. RoT 0.4.2 (or higher) is required before applying 0.5.0.
  • 0.5.0 update contains all data from previous 0.4.4 version.

Changelog

>>>>>>> Click here to show Changelog <<<<<<<

Major updates:

• Added first part of Act 5 (all the way up to Halls of Vaught - Betrayal of Harrogath quest)
  • Added Act 5 mercenaries (hired from Qual-Kehk after completing ā€œRescue on Mount Arreatā€ quest)
  • Added Shattered Realm (entrance via blue portal in Rogue Encampment cellar, Act 1)
  • Added 2 new hidden Uber bosses

Game:

• Further adjusted Player XP formula (more xp required to level up) due to the new content added
  • Ram NPC moved to Shattered Conclave and added conversation option to get ā€œHide itemā€ transmog for every armor slot
  • Loyalist Pack 1-2 NPCs added to Shattered Conclave, owners of these DLCs can visit them to claim rewards

Items:

• Added Small Charms (Medal slot)
  • Added D2 skill affixes to these items:
    • Magic / Rare: Charm, Medal, Ring, Amulet, Chest armor
    • Unique: Hellfire Torch, Annihilus
  • Added D2 class relics (each hidden uber boss now has 25% chance to drop a class specific relic)
  • Added Ancientā€™s Pledge Runeword
  • Key of Destruction drop changed to Nihlathak (Act 5) instead of Izual (Act 4) on Hell difficutly, drop chance of all uber key increased to 15%

Map:

• Lava texture changed to match the original D2 version
  • Disabled town portal in Uber boss areas
  • Added return portals to Pandemonium Event uber areas
  • Players now always respawn in the last Town visited

Skills:

• Amazon

• Decoy: added 30s cooldown
    • Lightning Fury: fragments now have up to 100% chance to pierce
  • Assassin

• Fire Blast: increased dmg
  • Druid

• Fissure: increased effect radius from 1.5 to 3
    • Volcano: increased explosion radius from 1 to 2.5
  • Necromancer

• Poison Dagger: increased poison damage
    • Corpse explosion: new sound effect

UI:

• updated Stasher to v9 (+1 additional Personal / Shared stash tab)
  • added mod version info next to difficulty setting

Bug fixes:

• fixed various D2 item bonuses
  • fixed Guided Arrow attack animation
  • fixed augment item qualifiers
  • removed NM / Hell version of Potion of Life buff due to stacking bug
5 Likes

If start now itā€™s not recommend choose GD classes?

I would stick to D2 classes (at least for your main character) as GD classes will get removed at some point.

Did those skills get removed? Still downloading the update so canā€™t see for myself yet. Earthquake was a great addition to Whirlwind for single-target damage and proccing Devotion effects(

These skills are still available but I renamed their files so the old version lost reference and any points invested with it. Thatā€™s why you need to remove all points from them before applying the update.

Oh, I see, thanks for an update)

Elite enemies is unbalanced. They killed my amazon with several hits and have huge number of HP. Blood Raven is lvl 7ā€¦ And this is normal diff.