[Mod] Reign of Terror

great site ! thanks for your Work !
keep it up

Is there a way to respec your 2nd class choice? Like using GDStash?

Starting a 2nd char so early is kinda too much atm :open_mouth:

Playing Barb/C.Necro for the curses, but I think another 2nd class would be better to ramp up attack rating.

Remark in act V inside infernal pit when we open a town portal it does not appear in the waypoint map.

Thanks for the report, will look into it.

@Ram
On the druid tree, within the grizzly/wolf pet nesting, the description states the abilities only affect wolves and grizzlies, but the stated effects are “all pets”. Which one is accurate?

Notably, this differs from Skeleton Mastery in Necromancer, which does list “Skeletons and Monster Pets” within its effects section, which makes me wonder if the abilities in Druid are currently not configured as stated. On the other hand, Golem abilities also mismatch on description and effects…

As a further question, what base Grim Dawn mastery abilities would affect javelin throw abilities? I assume just elements which modify the base melee spear, and that no ranged boosts would affect it, but what exactly does the weapon damage from the javelin skills pull? The total of all applied boosts on the weapon, adjusted by the %? And yeah, I know that’s mostly a core GD mechanic question, sorry about that.

Oh, and also- it’s a pity there’s no way [that I can find] to run the Diablo classes (and benefit from Diablo-style/quantity of loot drops) in the main Grim Dawn campaign. Kinda feel that trap door in the Rogue Camp would have benefitted from having had a portal leading to there, as well; Guess there’d have been conflicts [eg, with the waypoint screen] or something, had the GD campaign areas remained?

I don’t seem to have an option to downgrade (3) Onyx into (2) Flawed Onyx in the Horadric Cube. Only upgrade (1) Chipped Onyx.

Hotfix 0.6.2.0 released.

Download:

ReignOfTerror_v0.6.2.0.7z (464 MB) Google Drive

Installation:

• Drag and drop “ReignOfTerror” folder (located in ReignOfTerror_v0.6.2.0.7z) into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files

Notes:

• Make sure to complete Siege on Harrogath quest if it’s active prior installation of the hotfix
  • Hotfix 0.6.2.0 is compatible only with Forgotten Gods expansion and Reign Of Terror version 0.6.1.5 or higher
  • Hotfix 0.6.2.0 contains data from previous updates 0.6.1.5b - 0.6.1.8

Changelog:

>>>>>>> Click here to show Changelog <<<<<<<

FluffyUnicorn
-Moloch, Chillbone and Crystalisk reworked with new mechanics
-Hidden Ubers got toned down from last patch (0.6.1.8), Less damage, debuff times, and percentages that might cause instant kills or impossibilities to escape traps or mechanics;
-Added more HP to BabaYaga Portals to increase bat spawns
-New Skills and stage for Uber Duriel
-Lava Geysers added to Furnace of Pain
-Uber Izual and Lilith saw some minor tweaks and fixes, Lilith now has a new Poison Rain Skill

-Uber Tristram Primes have received a minor overhaul, with new skills, tweaks, and fixes to try to provide a more Dynamic Fight.

-All Act Bosses got fixes to skills and Character Bios

The Devs would like to get your feedback on the Hidden Ubers, and Uber Trist Primes. We want to make these fights more challenging and “dynamic” without making them drag out for no reason. Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated. You can suggest to Fluffy Directly, or any of the other Devs and we will redirect it where it needs to go. Please be detailed, we don’t want to see “Too Hard, Need Nerf”

Sonophilos
-Added level 90 armor Augments previously missing from vendor tables. Should result in all Augments in the database appearing in shops.
-Moved level 90 armor Augments to the Shattered Conclave ‘magic goods’ vendor. Should result in enough space for all Augments to appear.
-Adjusted Akara’s, Drognan’s, Ormus’s, Jamella’s, and Malah’s vendor tables. Should display all Augments of their corresponding level.
#Even with the sizes of the pools for Augments exactly matching the number of Augments at each level, shops might roll with fewer. ???
-Adjusted Akara’s, Drognan’s, Ormus’s, Jamella’s, and Malah’s vendor tables. Should now include some random rare crafting materials.
-Adjusted loot tables for Components and Crafting Materials to use vanilla GD paths. Should result in correct colors and pickup radius.

This means you will now have access to all augments every game, You will still need to make multiple games to get all the ones you want, but no more “farming” for Augments.
This also means we now have access to more level 90 augments then previously.

-Increased +Health bonus on Druid Dire Wolf passive to +250HP.
-Increased target radius on Paladin Holy Shock and its attached ‘buff’. Should result in a maximum of a 20m radius, at rank 24.
-Reduced damage values on Dream RWs’ Holy Shock. Should result in damage equivalent to a rank 60 class skill + ‘buff’ now.
-Increased target radius on Dream RWs’ Holy Shock: Should result in a 20m radius at the item’s skill rank.
-Redirected impact fx on Sorceress Meteor. Should result in the same ‘fire cracks’ decal as Armageddon. Thanks @Owlheart!
-Switched +Defense and +%Defense values on Aldur’s Deception, as intended. Should result in a much less absurd +%Defense on this item.
-Adjusted values on Endlesshail. Should result in stats much closer resembling the original D2 item, with a bonus boost to Pierce damage.
-Adjusted values on Witchwild String. Should result in Amplify Damage proc applying ‘on attack’ and not ‘when hit’.
-Redirected Act III ‘Slate half’ wall to use updated bump texture. Should result in no ‘swimming’ effect on Travincal walls.
-Redirected Mana potion item, HUD bitmaps and ‘hotslot selection menu’ to display RoT’s blue Mana potion icons. Thanks @Owlheart!
-Adjusted Akara’s conversation to ‘continue’ from her introduction / the unique Sorc intro directly into the Den of Evil quest intro.

-Updated all maps with water surfaces, all water in the RoT world should be looking its best now
-Applied ‘jungle water’ to the ‘pools’ in Travincal. Should result in this area no longer containing empty, navy-blue voids of not-water.

-Added a random Unique item reward for Betrayal of Harrogath, as intended.
-Added a visible objective to ‘Conquer Baal’s Minions’ at that point in Eve of Destruction, to match the notification displayed then.
-Adjusted quest objectives for Lam Esen’s Tome and The Guardian. Should result in clearer indications of what you’re meant to do.

-Added ‘Scales with Attack Speed’ / ‘Scales with Cast Speed’ to Amazon spear skills. All relevant skills should now indicate this.
-Fixed item tag for Witchwild String. Should result in the name displaying correctly as Witchwild String, and not as Endlesshail.
-Fixed door tag for the Frozen Pit. Should result in the door displaying correctly as ‘To the Frozen Pit’, and not just ‘Frozen Pit’.
-Adjusted creature tag for ‘Beastkin’ race. Should result in affixes with ‘bonus damage to Beastkin’ displaying correctly as such.
-Adjusted door and map tags for Kurast Sewers. Should result in a clearer distinction between the two ‘Sewers’ areas.
-Changed GD ‘Paladin’s’ prefix tag to ‘Holy’. Should result in a clearer distinction between it and RoT’s ‘Paladin’s’ class prefix.
-Adjusted UI tag for Player Level Requirement reduction affix, as on Gore Rider. Should display as ‘-5%’ and not just ‘-5’.
-Adjusted UI tag for player leave message in multiplayer. Should result in ‘(Name) has left the game. Diablo’s minions grow weaker.’
-Incremented versions in difficulty modes. Should be displayed as ‘Normal/Normal+/Nightmare/Hell’ ‘0.6.2.0’ in all locations.

-Rebuilt vanilla red Healing potion icons and RoT’s blue Mana potion icons. Should result in their display in all relevant locations.

Uncensored
-Fixed text issue in Cube “Runes / Gems / Components” being displayed wrong.

Skills:
Blades of Ice and “Frost Nova”
-Damage was increased 5x, to roughly the level of Phoenix Strike, yes BoI, CoT, and FoF is a viable option in this patch.

Claws of Thunder and “Nova”

• Weapon damage increased slightly, more so after level 20
  • Average damage was increased to be more in line with BoI

Fist of Fire and “Fire Nova”
-Fist of Fire now has a “Fire Nova” celestial power. This was supposed to be there for I’m not sure how long, but it is fixed and now fits with the other Blade Skills.
-Weapon Damage increased slightly.
-Main and Burn Damage adjusted accordingly. Bringing it in line with the other two.
-Increased the radius of the Fire Nova to 5 meters (from 2.6)
-Fire Nova received a new FX, making it more of a Nova now.

Dragon Skills
All Dragon skills received a “10% Chance of Total Damage Modified by 50%”

Dragon Flight
-Increased Weapon Damage across the board, more so after level 20
-Added 50% Flat Damage modified to match with the other dragon skills

Dragon Tail
-Increased Weapon Damage slightly
-Increased Fire Damage % slightly

Dragon Claw
-Believe it or not, Dragon Claw was the best performing Dragon skill behind Dragon Talon, which needed to be brought down to an appropriate level.

Dragon Talon
-Reduced Total Damage Modified from scaling to flat 50% to match the other Dragon skills.
-Reduced Weapon Damage significantly across the board.
-Increased the number of targets hit by a few levels. i.e. You’ll get to hit a higher number of targets at lower levels

I was working towards adding AR to these three skills, but it seems that is a limitation of them not being a “Charged” skill. I am going to continue to look into this.

Charged Bolt Sentry
I started work on Traps. Haven’t gotten too far, but did do a couple changes to this so far.
Increased the projectile speed of the bolts by 20%
Increased the Damage by 2x
Traps still feel weird, but it is something currently on my radar

Rabies
This was a very underwhelming skill to play with. From damage to spread time. It felt clunky and not very fun to play or build around. I have done a little work to try and combat this.
-Received a substantial damage buff. This should be noticed right from level 1
-Increased Contagion Radius from 5 to 6 meters
-Decreased Contagion Interval from 1.5 down to .5 resulting in a noticeably faster spread

1 Like

Less than two years as a fix come in RoT, while it was in D2C since Sep 30, '18

How can I download the file? I can’t find the option

Thx

It’s in the opening post.

Ram, you might want to rename that 6.2.0 download… It’s currently just titled “ReignOfTerror”.

(renamed mine to “ReignOfTerror_6.2.0.7z” to match the 6.1.5 standalone)

1 Like

Yeah it’s suppose to just be ReignOfTerror. Apparently some people extract it right over. When I first made the patch I didn’t even know that was a thing.

But Ram informed me that patches should just be ReignOfTerror from now on.

What he means is that the ReignOfTerror.7z file doesn’t have version number in the file name (i.e. ReignOfTerror_v0.6.2.0.7z), unlike all the previous releases.

I am still unable to download, the previous versions appeared to me as a zip, but now it is subdivided into folders and I cannot download

solved :wink:

Thx

RAM I have seen that the mercenary characteristics are the same in normal, nightmare or hell.
I think they should be increased matching the difficulties. 3 types for each mercenary Rogue, RogueNM and RogueH for example.

It’s very good. It’s fun

Mercenaries are player scaled pets so there is no reason to add difficulty-based tiers. They scale as the player progresses. Also, you have access to all of them on Normal difficulty, unlike the original, where you would have to “farm” for a specific one on each diff but I do not think that it is improvement over the current implementation.

Hi, ram, can bow be modified to trigger remote passive Skill?