[Mod] Reign of Terror

Yeah as Ram said. At least a couple weeks. We have it in Beta, ironing out new and old issues that have arisen

3 Likes

Halllo
Ich spiele neulich D2 RoT. Habe den Mod wie im Beschrieb und Video installier.
Im Spiel kann ich keine Quests spielen. Auf dem Bildschirm steht dauer “Tag not found: …” Danke für Hilfe im voraus.

tag not found: make sure you are not using the rainbow mod

as to the rest, no idea

Since you were soliciting ideas on Hidden Uber battles… Chillbone:

• Even with overcapped slow resist I’m suffering -230% attack/cast/run speed debufs. As melee I haven’t figured out how to dodge this yet. Maybe I just need to look harder.
  • The summoned Ice Crystals have too many HP. It takes me so long to kill them I might as well just pull the boss somewhere else and wait for them to unsummon (or ignore them, see next bullet).
  • The summoned Ice Crystals shoot and I don’t know whether they damage or debuf. If they are supposed to damage it is too low because I can’t detect it.

Am I supposed to be getting some fancy relics from these Hidden Ubers? Have almost a dozen kills and haven’t seen one yet (the rewards are very underwhelming). Does the RNG just hate me, or am I doing it wrong?

Edit:
The Necrosis battle is fun. Nasty ghost-ground to keep me from mindlessly face tanking, and pesky mario ghosts to dodge or get nasty debugs for a few seconds of running around in circles and thinking about how I should have dodged better :smiley:

Edit2:
HA!! Got one! Necromancer Trinket. Not the one I wanted but at least I know what it looks like now :slight_smile:

You have to change the language in GD options to English.

RoT supports only English language by default and we don’t plan on making translations ourselves so it is up to community to make them if they want to experience the mod in other languages.

Yes, every hidden uber boss has 25% chance (with exception of Brutalus, who has only 10% chance) to drop custom made D2 class relic (trinket), as you have already found out. Each trinket can be dropped by at least 2 different uber bosses so if you have troubles with a specific uber boss then you can always try another one.

Ubers are being re-balanced in the upcoming patches because some of them are not in the right place in terms of difficulty and mechanics.

1 Like

Hallo,

Da Du auf Deutsch schreibst, nehme ich an, dass Du in GD “Deutsch” als Sprache eingestellt hast!?

Leider funktionieren so die Mods nicht!!!

Bei Mods muss man auf Sprache “Englisch” umstellen, damit sie funktionieren.

Außer es gibt natürlich eine Übersetzung für diese Mod … dazu siehe aber hier German Translation, ob es dafür (die Mod) eine Info gibt!

Aber für RoT gibt es leider keine.

Leider ist es auch nicht so einfach, dass man da die zusätzlichen Mod-Daten übersetzt, wenn man die notwendigen Dateien dazu nicht hat/bekommt.
Und dann muss sich auch noch Jemand finden, der die Daten übersetzt … siehe hierzu auch unter German Translation

1 Like

Hey,

i have played till the Horadrim Cube and hands down i have waited for somethging like that since the original release of D2 :slight_smile: (The possibility to use recipes ingame without the need to look at lists outside of the game).
One question: Will you change the recipe list players getting instantly the first time they get the cube? Imo it would be a nice thing, if i have to farm all the recipes or maybe the most useful ones. This way even a first playthrough would be a nice thing in case of getting good loot. You don’t have to hide the low level recipes behind ueber bosses. I believe it would be nice to get the most important recipes from the main and sidebosses. For example Blood Raven could always drop one of the low level Runewords and later on Baal could always drop one of the more important ones to level a char (you know the runewords better then me ^^).

Danke für die info. ich habe es auf englisch umgestellt. jetzt funktionierts.
ich hoff es gibt bald mal eine sprachdatei update für Grim dawn auf deutsch.

This has never been brought up in discussion while I have been around. I am unsure how this would go over with the community. But all in all, nice suggestion.

I dunno about that. Anyway, needs a fix asap. How? Hack in like items I had, or?

Feature requests if you have time and interest:

• Gems/Runes to the pool from dismantled [RoT?] items
    • I have too many useless GD components and can’t upgrade my low level runes for lack of little gems
  • Some marking to easily distinguish GD uniques/sets from RoT uniques
    • I often want to junk all the GD stuff due to a been-there-done-that feeling
  • A portal to transit to the main GD campaign
    • To satisfy my occasional urge to kick Aetherial a**, and access more level-scaled areas
  • Recipes to craft socketable items from Runes + lower level socketables
    • I have 5 x 6-socket axes and and can’t find a mace
  • Apply Runes to Leg/Shoulder/Hand/Boot instead of Weapon/Shield/Chest/Head
    • They don’t compete well enough with perfect quality Gems
  • Random uniques merchant for RoT items
    • Like the ones hidden around GD
  • RoT set item loot pool probabilities
    • In some sets I am getting very unbalanced distributions, like tones of Hwanin’s Helms and nothing else Hwanins (also seeing lots of Natalya’s hats, Griswald’s chests, and Sazabi’s swords)
    • Could be RNG or something I am not understanding but maybe worth looking into
    • Also, have never seen a Jordan’s Stone… thinking maybe one didn’t happen to drop when I was the right level and now I am too high? Can we get a Mythical version or extend the drop range upwards? Or am I just unlucky?
  • Am I supposed to be able to stack Barbarian’s Shout + Battle Orders + Battle Command?
    • Don’t get me wrong, it’s awesome, but not sure it’s intended. Gives Barb a lot more “passives” than the other classes

Thanks again for the great mod, spending more hours killing demons here than in D3 :smiley:

Couple things I will Touch on now.

Main Gd campaign won’t happen.
Before my time runes could be applied to a lot of things. I don’t plan on changing this anytime soon. Runes do compete with perfect gems. In fact most are better then perfect gems.
Yes you should be able to use all the Barb skills. They are auras. And yes they can stack (2xBO) if using CTA for example.

Some set items are more rare then others. As it should be.

Lastly, You can farm Meph on Normal for SoJs. Our community has figured it takes roughly 45 minutes per SoJ. You may be more lucky or less lucky. But we had plenty of people on the discord run tests a few weeks ago.
No plans for a Mythical Version.

There is an item rework in the works (close to 100 items already reworked). So expect to see a lot of different items to use and used in the next patch.

That is the only reason you would’ve lost all your Diablo gear unfortunately. Only way you can “Fix” it is if you GDSTASH your gear back in.

@Uncensored Sounds like you’ve already thought of everything I had. That’s great. Just wanted to throw them out there in case you hadn’t. Thanks again for the fine work!

I don’t have GDSTASH, and I tried using gd save editor. Didn’t work that well. all my skillpoints also went away with losing the gear. I put some gear back in and respecced. Seems ultimately fubar now as it somehow reset my story… RIP this game.

Yeah, that’s not normal behavior with mods so you did something to fubar your save in the first place. The only way your character can lose gear or skills is by loading it into the wrong mod or into the vanilla campaign. The top post warns you to never do this or using incompatible tools. This is user error, either start a new character or use GDStash to fix it.

there is an easy fix for that…

should work too but is imo much more complicated

that is expected, just like your gear does not exist in vanilla, neither do your masteries, so they disappear too, with everything you invested in them

All of this can be fixed with GD Stash though

Will we eventually get the button back to automatically combine components? Its so tedious to click on each one to stack or combine.

There is no need for the button since partial components cannot be obtained anymore.

Really, that’s odd because i’m still collecting partial components. I did add the update 6.2 recently, so maybe it got fixed there? I’ll take another look then, if not, i’ll share screenshots.