[Mod] Reign of Terror

So you decided to make Auradin absolutely worthless with this update? Was the only build I’d found that could do Uber Mephisto since all others died to either his Meteors or the conviction aura dropping defense to nothing.

Hey guys! Just want to say that I absolutely love this Mod. My buddy and I downloaded it yesterday and are obsessed. This is everything that D3 should have been. I also love that its a unique combination of Grim Dawn and D2 as a huge fan of both. Again, awesome job! WOW!

I am building a Classic Necromancer and noticed that many runewords that seem to be heavily pet focused such as White or Bone do not have any “Bonus to all Pets” other than skill points. Is this on purpose, or something that may be revisited?

Having %WD on every single skill wasn’t fair because builds like Trapsin / Hydra / Auradin became virtually immortal without having to do anything else than run around so now these builds have to utilize other means of staying alive but all of them are still relevant and capable of uber farming.

0.6.3.0 has also introduced dozens of new build possibilities so there is way more uber-viable builds than ever before.

Next patch is going to be mainly focused on balancing existing content such as overall difficulty throughtout the mod, leveling progression and making even more build possibilities by reworking remanining skills / items which haven’t been touched so far.

Many RWs / Set / Unique items will be reworked with the next update so things like this are going to be addressed.

So, Auradins are supposed to just chug potions nonstop now?

If you cannot find another way of staying alive then I guess so.

1 Like

Hotfix 0.6.3.0b released.

Download:

ReignOfTerror_v0.6.3.0b.7z (268 MB) Google Drive

ReignOfTerror_v0.6.3.0b.7z (268 MB) GoFile

Installation:

• Drag and drop “ReignOfTerror” folder (located in ReignOfTerror_v0.6.3.0b.7z) into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files

Notes:

• Hotfix 0.6.3.0b is compatible only with Ashes of Malmouth + Forgotten Gods expansions and Reign Of Terror version 0.6.3.0

Changelog:

>>>>>>> Click here to show Changelog <<<<<<<
  • Fixed Level 20 Vigor scaling.
  • Adjusted the way Mysterious keys are shown on the minimap.
  • Moved Blade Sentinel back to its correct skill Tier.
  • Fixed Baal taking reduced damage after 50%.
  • Might of the Howl has been changed to only Buff the Wolf who cast it.
  • Act 3 spider summons should now be the appropriate level for your character.
  • Adjusted Cave 2 to Cave 1 bottom entrance
  • Fixed Uber Duriel having no animations
  • Fixed +10 Mana on Mythical Mavina’s Embrace’s Multi-shot modifier to +10 Mana Cost

nice, thanks for the fixes

btw, there is no mythical m’avina’s bow is there?

Not currently, will be added in the next update.

Whirlwind’s attack rating is negative, unlike Diablo 2. Also, as the level goes up, attack ratings are further reduced, is this for balance?

That negative attack rating means nothing if you build well. Even with Whirlwind lowering my AR by around 400, my char STILL has 4419 AR during combat.

Grim Dawn has been on my wishlist forever but never pulled the trigger. This mod got me though. Wow really impressed with your work.

Also goes to show you how good grim dawn is. Cause modding say torchlight to diablo 2 i don’t think would work. but wow grim dawn really captures diablo 2 spirit. i am level 4 and killing stuff feels amazing. Equipped a unique weapon i found and 1 shotting everything.

Any chance your mod will support my mephisto bot from 15-20 years ago with auto hotkey? lol

1 Like

items are legit, tbh

Btw, whats’ up with those level 100 Arach spiders that’s guarding/spawning next to Spiderbosses that’s around levels 30-40 spread around here and there in the world?
Did those exist in Diablo 2 as well?

Nope, because there are too many differences between the two.

RoT has a lot of custom content added, including these new world bosses / areas that came with the latest 0.6.3.0 update.

The spiders you are referring to are not supposed to have lvl 100, this is a known bug which will be fixed in the next hotfix.

2 Likes

Ah, great, they’re a pain in the ass that’s for sure, even though I’ve still managed to kill them, kiting them back and forth over and over while pummeling them with arrows from afar :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course. I am just so impressed with your mod I thought it might be next on your list. :stuck_out_tongue: You have gotten so much right to bring D2 to grim dawn.

I also applaud you leaving much of the grim dawn items and features in place and leaving it to the player as a choice whether they want to use a customization from grim dawn base game.

I think it makes the whole experience better. D2 on steroids! :).

I dont know if you can have random affixes on augments, have you guys thought of using charms as augments? I think they kinda share the same concept of limited space. This way you will have d2 side of augments if the GD side goes away one day.

On other things im starting a nightblade+c.necro focused on poison dagger and dual wield wps anyone tried this?

Augments and components cannot have randomized affixes, that’s why they’re not used for charms.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask more veteran players where the best area to farm 6 socketed weapons are. I’ve read the ancient tunnels but after hours i have not found a single one with more than 3 sockets. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

(yes, i am in hell difficulty)