[Mod] Reign of Terror

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask more veteran players where the best area to farm 6 socketed weapons are. I’ve read the ancient tunnels but after hours i have not found a single one with more than 3 sockets. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

(yes, i am in hell difficulty)

Hello, just downloaded and installed this mod, its update and the hotfix listed on this page. Here are some problems I am seeing that maybe someone can address or suggest a fix for. I also have GD Stash and full Rainbow loot colors installed if that makes any difference. So here are the issues I am seeing.

1. Class names when on the selection screen for Diablo classes or when combined with a Diablo class show as “tag not found: class name”.
  2. Characters on the selection screen dont show a weapon in hand. I assume this is because weapon names have been changed and the base game doesnt know which graphic to show or reference.
  3. Any edit made to characters using GD Stash on any character used with the mod resets all waypoints in the game back to none with no way to add them back.
  4. Any edit made to characters experience points or level specifically using GD Stash makes the change on the toon, but then that character no longer earns XP in the game and the XP bar no longer updates. This isnt that big a deal, but since there is no build calculator using Diablo classes its much harder to test out builds without creating a character and using that method to see how it affects stats in game. I thought at first this might be due to difference in character level vs enemy level because base game puts a cap on XP earned if enemies are below a certain level of difference from character. I tested this and does not appear to be the case though since enemies at even greater levels than whatever I set the character to still do not provide XP upon death. Quest completion also does not provide XP, so its something broken between the mod and GD Stash. No issue with doing this with characters for any other mod or the base game, so its just this mod from what I can tell.
  5. Game locks up video at random times, constantly. Seems to be caused whenever certain animations happen on screen, either from character or enemies. I can still hear the game running, but video seems to get stuck and doesnt refresh. Only way to alleviate is to kill the GD process through task manager. Dont have this issue playing with any other mod, or in the base game without mods. I have a dedicated gaming PC with 32 gb of RAM and a 1060gtx 6gb nvidia card so it isnt my machine or the game itself, seems like a specific problem with the mod itself.

I am sure I may find more since I have only tried four toons so far and played about 10 hours. Any help or insight into any of these issues is greatly appreciated. TIA

1. standard GD behavior, mod data is only loaded once you play your first char (when you exit back to the char selection screen again afterwards, this should be fixed)

2. see 1

3. will have to be fixed in GD Stash, nothing RoT can do about it

4. if you change the level but not the XP to match that level, this is the result you get. You still gain XP but since your current XP is so far below the XP for the level, the bar will not move until you caught up.
    Press return after changing the level in GD Stash to adjust the XP to your level

5. no idea

I understand about the other ones, but more info on number 4. What you say would be the case IF the character is gaining XP, which it isnt. I changed both the level and the appropriate XP amount equivalent to that level. When you hover over the XP bar in game it shows what your current XP is and how much you need in order to get to the next level. Neither one of those numbers ever changes in game, no matter how many quests are completed or enemies killed. So what your saying makes sense, but thats not whats happening in the actual game.

Also, on number 1 and 2. So your saying it should only do this to the first character but every character after that should be fine? Or you are saying alternately that it only happens on each character once, then it fixes itself after going back to the character selection screen after the first time? Both of those things are not the case in what I am seeing. I have four characters… All level 5-15, have logged in and out multiple times and still shows the same thing I said about “tag not found; Class name” and none of them show a weapon in hand? Any other suggestions?

No suggestions, this is just standard behavior. I’m really not sure how to reword his post for you to understand any better though…

Your game cannot see mod assets until the mod is loaded. Have you just turned on the game? Then the mod is not loaded, therefore the assets are unavailable.

No I understand what you are saying perfectly. So in game on character selection screen. First time log in nothing shows since mod assets are not loaded. Log in with character, log out back to selection screen… mod assets should now be loaded and show the changes. That isnt what shows, it doesnt change. Its the same no matter how many times I go into the game on a mod character and then back to the selection screen. Without logging out of the game to the desktop or shutting down to the desktop. I understand your explanation, I am saying thats not what its doing. I understand the behavior your talking about with the game. The mod just isnt doing that.

This only applies to the class names.

IF you did that, you should gain XP regularly, in fact you should always gain XP, it’s just that in my scenario you gain XP so far to the left of the bar that the bar does not fill up.

If XP and level matched, you should see no difference in behavior at all, the logical conclusion was that you did not actually adjust the XP - or not to the right value (does RoT change the formula ?)

I am saying it does that each time you start GD. Play a modded char, thereby loading the mod, then go back to the selection screen.

If you exit the game altogether, the mod also gets unloaded (obviously), so the next time you start GD again, you will again have the missing tags

Ok, so class names wont show if using any of the Diablo classes, no matter whether mod assets are loaded or not. Got it, thats what I figured, just wanted clarification. Same thing on weapons in the character selection screen I assume, since pathing in the mod assets points to an item with a name that the base game doesnt have, so it doesnt know how to refernce the name in the mod assets. Again, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

On XP… Yes, you/it should, but it doesnt. Maybe its calculated differently? I dont know… only the mod author would be able to answer that apparently.

Or you enter the level in GD Stash, press enter and check the XP value :wink:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask more veteran players where the best area to farm 6 socketed weapons are. I’ve read the ancient tunnels but after hours i have not found a single one with more than 3 sockets. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

(yes, i am in hell difficulty)

Hell cows are your best bet for 6 sockets. Drop rates are still very low though, good luck!

Check it in GD Stash, check it in game, or both? Should be the same. I dont remember it being any different than what I set it to. But I will check again real quick and let you know.

Ok, so I checked it on a test character. XP amounts are different for mod versus base game. Level 10 in base game is 9,164. Level 10 in the mod is 38,045. A huge difference. It also seems that the amount of experience you earn exponentially drops the lower the enemy is in comparison to you and there may be a preset cap. I dont know what the cap is in the base game, so no idea how to figure out the difference in the mod. Typically in the base game it seems like you start to get zero or close to zero XP between about 10-15 levels above the enemy. Enemies also dont drop rare mat’s anymore and aether clusters no longer drop crystals. Must be the same mechanic at work here, just multiplicative/magnified somehow.

Thanks man. so its just super super rare to get them then? makes sense. brutal trying to endgame without 6sock runewords though hah

can anyone tell me where the best place to farm super high runes are like zod? im worried normal farming areas from D2 won’t drop them since it is a different game.

Hi everyone!

Could someone kindly clarify how the “less damage from” attribute works? I am referring specifically to the one found on runeword armours like Enigma and Enlightenment.

For example the text on Enigma reads “8% less damage from x monster type” while the one on Enlightenment reads “30 less damage from x monster type”. Is the latter a typo or does it actually mean 30 flat damage?

8% less from x monster type seems so good and in my head translates to 8% reduction to all damage as long as it comes from that monster type, whereas 30 less damage is not only useless but is detrimental as it takes up an attribute slot.