[Mod] Reign of Terror

This mod is taking the same flack Back to Hellfire did back when D2 modding was really big and everyone still played it. It’s still big, but there’s alot of other ARPG’s out there now that compete and D2 itself has gotten quite old.

The mod was hard as hell, and it was intended to be that way. I remember reading about a beta build where a guy finally found his first skill book in act 5. It changed alot from there, but it was still seriously difficult. However, it was also one of the most popular mods out there for those who enjoyed it.

I can’t hardly stand to play it anymore because I know there’s a HUGE grind at act 4 as the final boss is so difficult and the basic monster mobs were extremely difficult. Farm farm farm.

The slowed down pace is intended. I’m one of few players who enjoys Normal + in this mod despite the developers of it not recommending to do so. I’m an older and more patient player and enjoy challenging encounters overall. So if I like Normal +, you can imagine I don’t have much of an issue with Nightmare or Hell.

When it comes to bosses, Ram has already covered that in a recent post. The game isn’t done and there’s still some issues and balancing as well as skill tree changes and new content to come, but as it is now is basically how it will be in the future.

Personally, I love it. I am just one, but if I like it that probably means there’s a few others. That is, I’ve always liked their endgame goal of balance. When I’ve played D2 mods in the past I always enjoy the more difficult ones that are more slow paced and thoughtful and require effort to progress at times.

Yeah I would say to anyone being overly critical to just remember that in the end it is 1) a mod, and 2) it is Ram’s mod and him attempting to replicate how he enjoyed playing D2. Which does not = him trying to replicate D2 down to the bone necessarily.

Hey! Loving the new update! Difficulty is great now. it has more of that old diablo 2 hell feel to it. But it is still a bit too easy on hell. Im 73 and at baal allready. And im using hammeroid/ arcanist build with no set gear. only some of those special rares. Cant even kill goblins in time for moomoo-keys but clearing act content and hidden ubers pretty easily. Anyways. Great update thanks alot.

Other than a few of the super uniques which have it clearly stated in their name (110% resists, give or take), there are no immunities in this mod, so overcapping (on monsters) isnt a thing, unless its CC resistances.

I am but never seen this. Only as Amp.
Monsters rarely have high physical resists. There are only a few that do. So the lower physical resists are, the less effective Amp/AD is.
On normal and nm, I believe there are quite some with 0 physical resists so amp does absolutely nothing.

Ahh have overlooked the minus, yeah makes sense now so my fault. Other than that there’s still the creeping slow pace with a lvl 90 char in a5 Highlands with good gear (that packsize is a bummer when you have to skip it due you get more exp via quests), but it probably comes down to the known out of pace regen proc issue so really looking forward for your next release. And thanks a lot to be so responsive, so thank your for your time.

Grim Dawn does have a “favorites system” - it’s just that here we call that system GD Stash :wink:

[Tool] GD Stash

The good news is that it works with RoT…

Ah well good to know in the future I should be more careful

Not sure why you deleted the original post but in case you didn’t quite get what I was showing/hinting at above - it was that with GD Stash you can craft yourself a new “Fleshrender” - and thus effectively “undo” your “fuckup”. Then all will be right with the world again. :wink:

Oh… I see… Also I have another problem where I missed getting a devotion point from the tainted sun quest. When I open up the quest thing it is under completed quests and it is completely blank. as for why I deleted my message, it’s becaue I over reacted a little bit in my opinion. I wish I could just have a readily available solution with step by step instructions for fixing the quest problem. Update: now I have been screwed out of 2 devotion points in act 2 nightmare. I was playing with a friend and I am not getting anything.

Yea sounds like multiplayer issues screwing you over there to me. Dunno if Ram and them can help you with that but in this case - again - you can give yourself those points with GD Stash if all else fails.

I make it a habit when crafting and removing an enhancement, I read it several times to make sure I don’t destroy my item.

Whoever is the host has to do all quest interactions with NPCs, quest items etc. Then still there is a chance of missing out on devotion points anyway, despite finishing the quest.
The long workaround is using the quest fix posted in this topic. The easy workaround is using the console for your missing devotion points.

Confirmed D2 remake from a reputable source. Rhykker’s been talking about it for years, but it’s finally actually confirmed in an unofficial leak. I’ve never seen that guy be wrong for anything that major. The same guy uncovered the entire employee issues at Blizzard and the back stories of canceled D4 titles these last few years:

You haven’t? TQ2 - yeah - um, nope. Totally wrong.

LOL, you haven’t watched the video yet have you? Wasn’t talking about Rhykker.

If you look it up, 3 different media outlets said it could be a Titan Quest sequel. That’s what Rhykker does, report the news with his own theories about a D2 remaster over the years. Not so much his bad as the other outlets (concerning TQ2).

In fact, recently it was said a D2 remaster announcement would be made last year. Then Blizzcon was canceled, and some though it’d be in the last Blizzcon that actually happened and it didn’t, which confused people, and then D4 was released.

Apparently the company that made the announcement with Titan Quest graphics makes mobile games.

So anyway, there’s been alot of leaks about a D2 remaster actually. And that would have to mean all those sources were wrong.

No, because I’m not interested in Diablo. If if wasn’t Rykker then why bother to post his video?

And there were way more than 3 sadly jumping to conclusions about that TQ tease Handy Games did. They confirmed it later that they are in fact porting the expansions for TQ over to the mobile version of the game.

Because that’s how I found out about it. Sorry to hear Diablo doesn’t interest you.

Do I really need to explain myself to you?

So you still haven’t watched the video, got it. So then why comment?

And because I didn’t have the original article, and videos are funner to watch.

OK, I explained myself.

Here’s a link to the original tweet, and I could also give a whole article based on that too:

OK, so there is an article link on the tweet I just found.

Another leak for a D2 remaster was from investors, they knew what the companies were doing and reporting on future earnings to determine the value of the company for investors.

Well, it seems to have been known for months that a remake was in the works according to this.

Yeah, I tried D2 after playing Titan Quest for a while, but I couldn’t really get into it sadly. Didn’t grab me the way TQ did.

D2 is an antique. I played it before TQ and why I liked it. I’d not have liked D2 much either if I’d played TQ first. TQ has alot of features modern ARPG’s have, just a bit more clunky even with the updates. For instance, I played D1 after D2 came out just to play them in order. I loved D1 to an extreme, but once I touched D2 I hated D1. Even The Hell 2 isn’t good enough for me, I tried it, it has custom resolutions, new classes, and a graphics filter that’s just awesome. Still can’t stand it, too old. Just as D2 is too old for you. :smiley:

In fact, my current opinion is I’ll never play another D2 mod again because of this Grim Dawn mod here. D2 mods are much better than D2 itself, I hardly played D2 vanilla (without mods).

Titan Quest, had a hard time playing it enough to get high level. But the 10x mod really helps.

You guys know you can’t compare diablo and tq right?It’s 2 different years.Diablo set the platform of arpg’s.Yes if you played TQ first then you won’t most prob go back to diablo but i still play diablo(median xl mod)from time to time.I also think making a remaster version are just a way to milk people of there hard earned cash

It’s like final fantasy 7 remake.What made FF 7 great?The quirky graphics and the battle system.The remake has a different battle system so it sucks.I just see it as a way to get people to buy S… they don’t need.True fans will play the classic over remake/remaster.

I can tell you now.Diablo are the begin all end all of ARPG’s.TQ are good Grimdawn are good.This mod are good but diablo are most prob the best ARPG in the world.Even all these years,you still get people playing it online.

PS:There’s a guy busy making a diablo 2 remaster on the starcraft engine.He actually got the go ahead from blizzard.Last time i checked he only had first act done.But he did a hell of a job graphics wise.