[Mod] Reign of Terror

Early uber bosses (mostly in Act 1-3) were made in a very short time just to have something besides Pandemonium event and I admit that there was never too much effort put into them as I had to focus on making more campaign content and thus you can look at them as an unfinished product. They were adjusted by other devs later (that’s when most of the debufs come from) but that didn’t improve the fight mechanics drastically because the initial design was not interesting to begin with. You can see some changes in hidden uber fight mechanics which were added later (such as Brutalus, Gorgona, Necrosis) where the idea was to make the fights more dynamic.

So with enough time, uber bosses should improve to utilize more dynamic approach.

These are heroes with “Stoneskin” passive which gives them 25% more armor, 35% Physical and Pierce resist on top of default hero attributes / resists so they end up very tanky against any pure phys build.

Thanks for reporting about skeleton mages not attacking goblins, I figured out something was off but wasn’t sure what. At some point other minion types attacked them and I was eventually getting kills in Hell. So that occurs in the current patch, to my knowledge.

no idea if it’s intended for Zakarum to make my fist of heavens miss them. Then they teleport me a few times and I’m dead as I can’t handle melee attacks, LOL. In Kurast.

Then those flies I know are lightning immune later don’t die with 1% health left, at least one did anyway. Haven’t had a problem until this one. Magic damage not killing them either. But again, so far just one monster did that.

EDIT: Those flies are dying somehow, or they disappeared, not sure which. So they did die, but were sticking around with almost empty health bars, not sure why.

Another thing, when you freeze the flies they instead look like a globe. Guessing I’m seeing the 3D model of the flies (whatever they are called) when the animation isn’t playing out.

EDIT 2: OK, finally figured out what was happening. On my first encounter I thought I was attacking it quite awhile, but on this latest attempt with a Hell Swarm (flies or tropical bugs), he died after waiting a certain period. My guess is it’s temporary immunity to lightning/magic or otherwise any incoming damage. Then it dies shortly after. It’s the same effect of the high heal minions in act 4/5 where they stick around long enough to help get you killed.

EDIT 3: Really confusing what’s going on. Turns out none of them died and I just lost track of where they came from. Found an entire swarm of them to confirm they stay with a small amount of health and never die. It must be because I use lightning magic, I don’t remember this being an issue with my necromancer.

EDIT 4: OK, that’s freaking weird! I found another area where I’d previously attacked invulnerable Hell swarms and they died on contact? Uh ok, LOL.

Faithful also stop fist of heavens from working, alot of the time. It’s an interesting encounter. They do die, so it’s all good. It feels interesting as they are largely spell casters and healers and I have similar abilities. It’s like a face off.

This doesn’t happen in GD due to having “impassable layer” painted out properly. Unfortunately, this layer information doesn’t get extracted with the map tiles and thus I had to manually re-do it to best of my ability without spending too much time on it and since there are so many SR tiles, some of the spots have been missed. But as you have already mentioned, SR will be removed completely with 0.7 update so any related SR bugs / issues won’t soon matter.

And with regards to pet aggro towards goblins: skeleton mages use aggressive stance by default to counter the fact that their pet widget was removed to limit screen clutter. Going to check their controller to see if there is anything specific which would prevent them from attacking goblins without the Pet Attack skill. If I can’t find anything specific then it might be related to the manual change of stances via pet widget which skeleton warriors / mages don’t have for the reason mentioned above.

Hell Swarm bug is known and will be fixed in the next update.

There are only 3 things which can affect your chance to hit:

1. Player’s Attack Rating vs enemy Defense (= hit/crit chance)
  2. Dodge / deflect (certain enemies can have increased chance to avoid attacks / projectiles which is represented in-game by combat text)
  3. Hitbox (enemies with small hitbox are more difficult to hit with projectiles)

So check what exactly might be the issue in your case.

Hmm, I’ll wait for the patch and see what happens, I don’t think I have a way to collect more data on the swarms.

Goblins, don’t think my lightning hireling was attacking the goblin in my first encounter in Nightmare act 3. Just like with my Necro in an older patch, I maybe got down 1/3rd of his health. So I have to be doing massive damage and find them in Hell for me to actually kill them with all characters so far. May have killed a few with my Necro in Nightmare and don’t remember, but I do remember with my Necro it was useless even when my minions managed to attack.

The mages with the faithful were the ones that stop my attack from landing on the faithful and Zakarum guys. I kill them and the target issue goes away. So it seems to be an intended mechanic.

I did a couple of builds now, and it seems nothing compares to a classic arpg (Diablo 1 Veteran), fully maxed AD doesn’t or just barelly has an effect (bugged or nonsensically overcapped), the - Fireresistance on the 2 handed mace for druid doesnt work due the Burn doesn’t get aplied to Hurricane, + another few bugs or just the crazy tanky white mobs. Almost none of the chars i’ve tried fellt like Diablo 2s breezing through packs… only thing worked was anything combined with Paladin + Magic damage (Horray at least we got the braindead Hammerdin back, which reminds of D2jsp Whales on Battlenet…). Why is the pace so slow (EXP + Gear)? Feels like i play some Variation of WOW (the reason i’ve tried D3 for about 20 minutes and yeah it was faster but you could rename it “WOW - the casual cronicles” and nobody would have recognized the diffrence beside the class names). Beside that i see a lot of potential but the “fun” part of an ARPG is a bit lacking…

Which one?
Edit: I found the one. The modifier was set up incorrectly so it didn’t work. It’s fixed for next patch, thanks for reporting.

I dont really get the WOW reference. Similarly, what bugs are you speaking of?
I know AC from diablo1, what do you mean with AD?

It helps to be a bit more specific when reporting bugs/issues.

AD = Amplify Damage, sorry, thought you were familar with the old Bnet abrevations (played a lot of Necro too so maybe that). The WOW comparison… its the pace, regular mobs last at least 3-4 hits (even the most fragile: the teleporting fireball Goblins from act 5 Highlands) even with crazy gear, the cooldown management (well a no brainer due its Grim Dawn) and epic raid bosses where you can tapper Mouse 1 if you have enough mitigation and go for lunch (or run a scripted bot when its comes to actuall WOW, but i hate online cheaters so nvm). Bugs which already have been reported as far as ive seen is the regen buffs and for me are the Res debuffs which are barely working if at all (probably due overcap, which make all builds which just have one source of -% res a real drag, not to mention about builds with none beside of constellations).

This mod is taking the same flack Back to Hellfire did back when D2 modding was really big and everyone still played it. It’s still big, but there’s alot of other ARPG’s out there now that compete and D2 itself has gotten quite old.

The mod was hard as hell, and it was intended to be that way. I remember reading about a beta build where a guy finally found his first skill book in act 5. It changed alot from there, but it was still seriously difficult. However, it was also one of the most popular mods out there for those who enjoyed it.

I can’t hardly stand to play it anymore because I know there’s a HUGE grind at act 4 as the final boss is so difficult and the basic monster mobs were extremely difficult. Farm farm farm.

The slowed down pace is intended. I’m one of few players who enjoys Normal + in this mod despite the developers of it not recommending to do so. I’m an older and more patient player and enjoy challenging encounters overall. So if I like Normal +, you can imagine I don’t have much of an issue with Nightmare or Hell.

When it comes to bosses, Ram has already covered that in a recent post. The game isn’t done and there’s still some issues and balancing as well as skill tree changes and new content to come, but as it is now is basically how it will be in the future.

Personally, I love it. I am just one, but if I like it that probably means there’s a few others. That is, I’ve always liked their endgame goal of balance. When I’ve played D2 mods in the past I always enjoy the more difficult ones that are more slow paced and thoughtful and require effort to progress at times.

Yeah I would say to anyone being overly critical to just remember that in the end it is 1) a mod, and 2) it is Ram’s mod and him attempting to replicate how he enjoyed playing D2. Which does not = him trying to replicate D2 down to the bone necessarily.

Hey! Loving the new update! Difficulty is great now. it has more of that old diablo 2 hell feel to it. But it is still a bit too easy on hell. Im 73 and at baal allready. And im using hammeroid/ arcanist build with no set gear. only some of those special rares. Cant even kill goblins in time for moomoo-keys but clearing act content and hidden ubers pretty easily. Anyways. Great update thanks alot.

Other than a few of the super uniques which have it clearly stated in their name (110% resists, give or take), there are no immunities in this mod, so overcapping (on monsters) isnt a thing, unless its CC resistances.

I am but never seen this. Only as Amp.
Monsters rarely have high physical resists. There are only a few that do. So the lower physical resists are, the less effective Amp/AD is.
On normal and nm, I believe there are quite some with 0 physical resists so amp does absolutely nothing.

Ahh have overlooked the minus, yeah makes sense now so my fault. Other than that there’s still the creeping slow pace with a lvl 90 char in a5 Highlands with good gear (that packsize is a bummer when you have to skip it due you get more exp via quests), but it probably comes down to the known out of pace regen proc issue so really looking forward for your next release. And thanks a lot to be so responsive, so thank your for your time.

Grim Dawn does have a “favorites system” - it’s just that here we call that system GD Stash :wink:

[Tool] GD Stash

The good news is that it works with RoT…

Ah well good to know in the future I should be more careful

Not sure why you deleted the original post but in case you didn’t quite get what I was showing/hinting at above - it was that with GD Stash you can craft yourself a new “Fleshrender” - and thus effectively “undo” your “fuckup”. Then all will be right with the world again. :wink:

Oh… I see… Also I have another problem where I missed getting a devotion point from the tainted sun quest. When I open up the quest thing it is under completed quests and it is completely blank. as for why I deleted my message, it’s becaue I over reacted a little bit in my opinion. I wish I could just have a readily available solution with step by step instructions for fixing the quest problem. Update: now I have been screwed out of 2 devotion points in act 2 nightmare. I was playing with a friend and I am not getting anything.

Yea sounds like multiplayer issues screwing you over there to me. Dunno if Ram and them can help you with that but in this case - again - you can give yourself those points with GD Stash if all else fails.

I make it a habit when crafting and removing an enhancement, I read it several times to make sure I don’t destroy my item.

Whoever is the host has to do all quest interactions with NPCs, quest items etc. Then still there is a chance of missing out on devotion points anyway, despite finishing the quest.
The long workaround is using the quest fix posted in this topic. The easy workaround is using the console for your missing devotion points.