[Mod] Reign of Terror

Confirmed D2 remake from a reputable source. Rhykker’s been talking about it for years, but it’s finally actually confirmed in an unofficial leak. I’ve never seen that guy be wrong for anything that major. The same guy uncovered the entire employee issues at Blizzard and the back stories of canceled D4 titles these last few years:

You haven’t? TQ2 - yeah - um, nope. Totally wrong.

LOL, you haven’t watched the video yet have you? Wasn’t talking about Rhykker.

If you look it up, 3 different media outlets said it could be a Titan Quest sequel. That’s what Rhykker does, report the news with his own theories about a D2 remaster over the years. Not so much his bad as the other outlets (concerning TQ2).

In fact, recently it was said a D2 remaster announcement would be made last year. Then Blizzcon was canceled, and some though it’d be in the last Blizzcon that actually happened and it didn’t, which confused people, and then D4 was released.

Apparently the company that made the announcement with Titan Quest graphics makes mobile games.

So anyway, there’s been alot of leaks about a D2 remaster actually. And that would have to mean all those sources were wrong.

No, because I’m not interested in Diablo. If if wasn’t Rykker then why bother to post his video?

And there were way more than 3 sadly jumping to conclusions about that TQ tease Handy Games did. They confirmed it later that they are in fact porting the expansions for TQ over to the mobile version of the game.

Because that’s how I found out about it. Sorry to hear Diablo doesn’t interest you.

Do I really need to explain myself to you?

So you still haven’t watched the video, got it. So then why comment?

And because I didn’t have the original article, and videos are funner to watch.

OK, I explained myself.

Here’s a link to the original tweet, and I could also give a whole article based on that too:

OK, so there is an article link on the tweet I just found.

Another leak for a D2 remaster was from investors, they knew what the companies were doing and reporting on future earnings to determine the value of the company for investors.

Well, it seems to have been known for months that a remake was in the works according to this.

Yeah, I tried D2 after playing Titan Quest for a while, but I couldn’t really get into it sadly. Didn’t grab me the way TQ did.

D2 is an antique. I played it before TQ and why I liked it. I’d not have liked D2 much either if I’d played TQ first. TQ has alot of features modern ARPG’s have, just a bit more clunky even with the updates. For instance, I played D1 after D2 came out just to play them in order. I loved D1 to an extreme, but once I touched D2 I hated D1. Even The Hell 2 isn’t good enough for me, I tried it, it has custom resolutions, new classes, and a graphics filter that’s just awesome. Still can’t stand it, too old. Just as D2 is too old for you. :smiley:

In fact, my current opinion is I’ll never play another D2 mod again because of this Grim Dawn mod here. D2 mods are much better than D2 itself, I hardly played D2 vanilla (without mods).

Titan Quest, had a hard time playing it enough to get high level. But the 10x mod really helps.

You guys know you can’t compare diablo and tq right?It’s 2 different years.Diablo set the platform of arpg’s.Yes if you played TQ first then you won’t most prob go back to diablo but i still play diablo(median xl mod)from time to time.I also think making a remaster version are just a way to milk people of there hard earned cash

It’s like final fantasy 7 remake.What made FF 7 great?The quirky graphics and the battle system.The remake has a different battle system so it sucks.I just see it as a way to get people to buy S… they don’t need.True fans will play the classic over remake/remaster.

I can tell you now.Diablo are the begin all end all of ARPG’s.TQ are good Grimdawn are good.This mod are good but diablo are most prob the best ARPG in the world.Even all these years,you still get people playing it online.

PS:There’s a guy busy making a diablo 2 remaster on the starcraft engine.He actually got the go ahead from blizzard.Last time i checked he only had first act done.But he did a hell of a job graphics wise.

That’s interesting Pierre if the rumours of them making their own remaster are true. Would competition for their project if he manages to complete it well.

There are 3 types of ARPG fans. There are Titan Quest players who think it’s the greatest game ever and none could match it until Grim Dawn. The other 2 sets of ARPG fans thought D1 or D2 were the best. D2 players love the skill trees so consider it the ultimate evolution of D1. D1 fans dislike the skill trees and thought Blizzard made a big blunder, and that’s how the concept of Back to Hellfire for D2 was created (was friends with the author).

I’ll see if I can find any news worth reporting on the Starcraft D2 mod, but personally I’m not that excited as it’s an attempt at recreated vanilla D2:LOD last time I checked. But exiting? Hell yes!

I prefer this mod of D2 in Grim Dawn, as it plays alot like D2 mods over vanilla, a great evolution. :smiley:

sure we can compare them, just like we can compare two cars from different years. People compare stuff that is not from the same year all the time.

by virtue of being the first one, yes. Heavily inspired by Rogue, with better graphics on top

no they aren’t. D1 was good for it’s time, D2 was good for it’s time, Can’t say the same about D3.
Even then there have been better ARPGs than any of them since D2.

That Diablo is this great is just your opinion, nothing more. I played them in order and am the outlier that liked D1 best, for it’s setting. D2 was good but I liked D1 more anyway. D3 was a failure on almost all levels.

no Diablo makes my top 3 and if I had to recommend an ARPG to anyone today, D1 and D2 would never come up

All of this is just personal opinion, so don’t present it like fact

1 Like

Yes, the setting of D1 being dark and horrifying was somewhat lost in D2, however act 1 is still my favorite in D2 as it’s most similar to D1, why I was so surprised I couldn’t even play a heavily modded D1 with many D2 features recently, I hadn’t expected that.

Yes, everyone who has read gaming history know the roguelike had a long text driven and often turn based history. The dungeon crawl had been alive practically since the birth of the PC and Space Wars began on college printers.

The absolute brilliance of say Diablo original or Dune 2 from Westwood, is the better implementation of gameplay and real time interactions. None were literally the first, but they added something not there before that gave them mass appeal. Nobody plays RTS these days before Dune 2 unless maybe they are huge Amiga fans (I never played Amiga, I grew up with the Atari PC which was absolutely amazing). Likewise, only a certain crowd plays roguelikes these days as they once were, but they still exist.

Concerning gameplay in this mod: I admit Act 5 so far has been slow but the combat has also been memorable here in Nightmare. I’m not joking when I say those fights were epic. This mod has it nailed on having alot of variety in how combat takes place and interactions, even if people claim the bosses are boring. I really love the diversity of combat with the"white" mobs and also how freaked out I can get with hero packs (if that’s what they are called), because they are freaking tough.

I really do feel if combat on every build wasn’t difficult, this mod wouldn’t be as good as it is. Diablo turned roguelikes into massive broad appeal, but they’ve struggled over the years to deliver a solid challenging experience in their games. D2 was ALWAYS too easy for me and uninteresting far too long before a true challenge arose later in the game for me to want to play it at all. With Titan Quest that was something I couldn’t figure out until I played the 10x mod. I always loved TQ but something about it put me to sleep. It was always challenging, more so than Diablo for sure. So why was it so easy to stop playing this game? Poorly spaced monster packs, overall boring to walk through despite the challenge. I couldn’t see it until recently. This mod nails that one too.

I’ve died alot of times with my Paladin, it’s rough, LOL. But Grim Dawn has always been a game that makes you pay if you choose all offense early on, and that’s what I did for the most part. But is late Nightmare supposed to be easy? I never understood when players said, “Yes, but that’s what hell is for, to get that challenge.” In that case I’d have never played, I like being tested right out of the gate. Sure, I like a casual game as much as the next, but for me that’d be having at least a minor challenge rather than a simple walk through with the largest developments to my character.

I think difficulty in an ARPG is important to make each new skill and level up meaningful and rewarding, as long as it’s not too brutal. An example of that is Grimarrilion on the hardest difficulty with a starting naked character. No matter how good your items are, even top tier, you struggle from death with literally every encounter, and that’s only if you are careful each time, and then you are likely dead anyway at some point, and you never get passives or even much campaign progress. That’s too hard. Still, once I got to 70 or so it was much easier even lowering the difficulty just a bit, and I COULD have done it, but I gave up from frustration and burnout facing endless elite packs often woven together with multiple packs per combat. This mod isn’t nearly that hard. I’m just saying things could be alot harder, and next patch it eases up a bit on that.

Keep in mind this is merely an opinion. I’m happy if you disagree.

EDIT: In a video just published 15 minutes ago by Yong Yea, he confirms the Warcraft Reforged team is pulled from the D2 remaster and why the new team from Activation is merging with Blizzard for long time support on the remake.

So uh… is there a reason why my druid summons suddenly started to have insane speed after setting aether fire to my dire wolves? like they are super saiyan fast, they look ridiculous with their attack animations so sped up. I have no idea why this is happening but I kinda wish it would go back to normal. it is even more bizarre looking with the grizzly as it looks as though he is just levitating around as he goes to engage enemies

diablo 3 RMAH was unconscionable, that microtransaction in wow for that mount was the beginning of the downturn imo.

I cant think of another franchise that added more content and features in one xpac than LOD tbh.

All that aside,

Do mobs in act 1 normal have super high armor or super high phys resist? tool tip says 2000 physical per hit and im whacking andy for 400 and she has 300k health…

i ended up using berserk for magic damage.

That is one thing with this mod (and GD?) and minions with massive bonuses. I don’t remember what my grizzly looked like with insane total and attack speed increases (I had almost 30 minions), but it was visually difficult to see them move so fast instead of attacking normally and I also had to disable screen shaking to preserve sanity. Not sure about the aether, just wanted to point out that my minions appeared VERY unnatural with 150% attack or so. I was having so much fun I didn’t notice alot.

I wouldnt be surprised that they move fast after you set fire to them.
They probably already moved that fast, you might have simply not noticed. Pet speeds are very, very high here.

General mobs, no. Andariel is an act boss so she’ll have more armor and resists. Grim ward helps with that as well.

150%? I can potentially get as high as 303% attack speed for the pets of my Druid summoner?

That’s all I needed for endgame, LOL. Higher than 150 could be good. Developed wolves more from level 80-90. I could be wrong and it was 200%. I may not be remembering correctly. At one point in hell it was 150%

EDIT: I was actually at 220% attack speed with my minions at level 91 when I quit from boredom. I finished Act 5 Nightmare with my Paladin and was able to check.

Are there specific bosses that drop the sets released in 6.5.1? I haven’t been able to find them mostly farming world bosses and secret ubers. Could just be good ol’ rng but it’s been weeks without finding a single piece from the new sets.

Act bosses are the only ones who drop the new sets. Andariel drops the rings for each set, mephisto the chest pieces, etc.