[Mod] Reign of Terror

If you put all points in imtelligence you get quite a nice damage boost. It is possible for some class combos. Arcanist for example, gives a lot of AR so you likely need to spend less points in dex. You usually wont know till you’re sort of end-game geared.

Far from all builds have been tried. But poison jab or a sacrifice build is probably the strongest melee, multiple shot amazons the strongest range. But it really depends on the gear you end up using.

1 Like

@ Contragor

… OK - for me it drops the damage from 520,000 DPS to 440,000 DPS! But my real problem are the runes and the corresponding armor.

I play the Lev. 60 wizard now for 84 hours, but more than one Lum rune I have not found so far (Act 1 Nightmare - Black Marsh)! I’m going to do some runs with the Countess now, maybe I’ll get some better runes, but somehow I have my doubts that this will really do any good. :grinning:

@ kingwill

Were there any particular areas where you farmed? Because finding a Sur rune on Nightmare is pretty damn intense - and then also a Vex, a Gul, a Mal, a Pul and an Um? Damn, you’ve had a lot of luck. :innocent:

@ Fuzzydunlop

That is exactly the problem! If I depend on playing Selffound, I can only use what I actually find, and already there are situations that I may not be able to control … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

@ TomBrown

didnt know ive had so much luck then. :=)
my focus was on mephisto/diablo runs. Ofc you kill every elite mob on the way, and since i cant resist to pull and kill big groups of trash mobs i did that too.
as far as i can remember the runes were only from trash mobs. Travincal, chaos sanc. and a couple in act6 around level 14-16

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you

i got a hard time to get 4sox armors so iam thankful for any advice , cheers

Consider mt drive crashed and stupid be forgot to backup save games i started an ice wizard.Not sure what i will pair with her but man she hits like a truck.I am still early game but i can just imagine how much fun she would be on higher levels.

I personally always go pure classes phys/tank/melee.range/dps melee cunning and casters int.I don’t care about % based etc i focus on pure damage.Only time i change play style is when i focus on pets then i just tank up and let pets handle the fighting.

True, playing selffound is always luck / RNG based. However, farming runes isn’t that terrible, especially with your DPS. I’m currently doing Hell Countess, Duriel, Travincal on rinse and repeat and not seeing more runes than on NM. So far, my top finds are 2xVex, Ohm, Ist. Most were found in NM, same areas plus Baal.
But even though you depend on luck there, runes aren’t everything. You can look for the peddler who appears in random locations and get all relic recipes from him. I’d use a more defensive relic like Citadel for now, until can craft a Stone. And then replace it with Iskandra’s Balance or whatever relic gives you best dps boost. But man, 550k dps at the start of hell is pretty OP!

One of the beta-testers for RoT has written a helpful guide for new people (but perhaps also experienced) how best to level up, which skills to use while leveling, which mercenaries are most helpful and which items to keep an eye out for!
Reign of Terror basic info & leveling guide - Google Documenten

3 Likes

I have 1.5mil sheet dps when I started hell but had a hard time beating the dark lord in NM… lol

It’s quite clear I don’t understand Grim Dawn well just from page 1. Thanks for posting this! :smiley:

And if you approve of this guide and have glanced over it for accuracy, I’m sure it’s great. :slight_smile:

Speaking of Runes, after farming Hell for 2 days straight (16 hours so far), I’m happy to conclude that the drop rates a very similar to D2R and D2 v 1.13-1.14. It’s not raining runes and you won’t be able to find your top three runes very quickly. So, far I found everything up to Vex but nothing above. This is perfect! You wouldn’t wanna get instant gratification like in D3. The right balance is preserved I think.

Did you struggle in terms of DPS or survival? If DPS, check your resistance debuffs. If all your damage is Fire and you have nothing that reduces the boss’s resistances, - you could be dealing next to no damage.

I have a Archmage lightning build(Sorc/Arc). Im using Immunology and Pathology so should be no issue on resistance debuff. My dps shoul be no issue either. Maybe bosses hp on this version is buffed. Now melting elites and mobs in act1 hell.

Just saw them, yeah. Those models are ripped straight out of D3 files, tho

Yes, for sure. But the point is, with all the tools, money and artwork available, why can’t Blizzard devs make a better job at D2R? The ONLY thing they did was a graphics wrapper. If I didn’t know the facts and was shown D2R and ToR to test and compare, I’d definitely say D2R was a mod and ToR was a true remaster. The only thing ToR is missing is character looks based on class. But that’s a Grim Dawn design and can’t be easily changed within the mod.

ToR = RoT?

Sorry, Yes, lol, meant Reign of Terror of course

1 Like

And next month this projecting will be as old as Grim Dawn itself lol.

1 Like

It’s funny how with only one week to go till D2R release, there’s zero commotion and 99% of my battlenet buddies aren’t even interested to try it out. I even reached out to many of my old D2 teammates and most would just say something like “Why would I buy anything from Blizz at this point” or “They failed again, why bother”. The only handful of people who are flocking the battlenet forums are those who aim to make some quick cash by rushing their sorcs and then either farming gear themselves or botting.

1 Like

Ignore my previous answer. There are superbosses that will oneshot you even with 3.5k defence and 3k armor. In HC, avoid secret areas on Hell. Maybe explore those on Normal and Nightmare first. Some of those bosses… oh man, 505million HP level 115. Debuff your mana to zero and then oneshot. I almost got instakilled with all my defences and resistances. On the other hand, once you learn the boss patterns and know how to avoid hits, you will be fine. It’s the first encounter that may prove lethal.
And some areas you can’t escape unless you save and exit. So if you meet Cthulhu - pray and run lol

Took me a full hour of hit and run

1 Like

… I can well imagine that the World Superbosses will be extreme in the hidden areas, especially in Hell! Thank goodness the makers of RoT have ensured that a skull is shown on the map, so you know what to expect.

Apart from that, these superbosses are really extremely different to fight. I can still remember my first encounter, in a cave in Act 1 NORMAL (Dark Woods) at Lev. 13 or so.
Damn was I careless! I did almost no damage and only escaped because I was damn fast and the monster didn’t follow me.
Ergo, I first gave these capital bosses a wide berth and only came back after I had finished Baal. And even then, some of the world bosses were still pretty hairy.
In addition, it also plays a big role whether you have enough space to move around. In tight spaces, of course, the likelihood of surviving such encounters is much lower. So you should think carefully about what and especially when you approach these monsters. :innocent:

P.S.: … Is there actually a map where all the world superbosses are marked?

1 Like

Use the archived link to RoT wiki. That one had all the hidden ubers marked. Worldbosses arent on there yet.
To tell them apart: worldbosses spawn in any difficulty and dont have their own specific zone. Hidden ubers have their own little zone, where portals are blocked, and spawn in hell only.

Sounds like you arent ready yet for ubers. Once fully geared, itll take about 0.5-1 min to kill them.

They can, but imagine the negative backlash from the hardcore d2 community. It’s those people who make the most noise. So they decided to not change anything at all. (Heck, every once in a while some of those purists try RoT and start ranting in the discord how bad of a remake it is and leave again).

1 Like

@ Fuzzydunlop

… to be honest, I don’t know the complete names of the world bosses, but e.g. the Bone Crusher in Act 1 (Dark Wood) is always located in the same place, or am I wrong?

In NORMAL and NIGHTMARE he was in the cave at the bottom of the big mine that was built near the two goblin camps! Or was that just coincidence. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And as for Blizzard, they didn’t miss the chance to easily charge almost EUR 40 for Diablo 2:Resurrected, which I personally think is an absolute outrage … :imp: