[Mod] Reign of Terror

OK, so there are indeed three types of mercs. Gotta use the asset manager again just to see what they are.
Here are some shots, but their stats are extactly the same, so maybe it’s just a vanity thing.

I was trying to collect three augments doing normal game play first, not a great plan.

medium mage and heavy mage is of most unrecognizable, i only get light type mage in normal play, and medium type warrior in normal play, for rogue i only encountered once and didn’t get the chance to buy one. Is it really set? This time i finally had the chance to test all three types, rogue archer is still the weakest, mage is pretty strong, warrior aidan is good for killing beefy enemies, he has a hidden 10% health reduction, though lacks finishing move, the real advantage of him is attack speed.
That’s about it, gotta restore save files AGAIN, my gears are all messed up.

i have all DLC (Ashes of Malmouth, Forgotten Gods), pleas help me

If you truly have all required DLCs installed and are still missing certain assets then you should verify the base game files. If that doesn’t help then reinstall the mod as well.

Also make sure you install the RoT packages in order, and don’t skip them. I suspect its either you not installed the mod in the correct fashion, and also make sure your game is patched to the latest version as well.

Welp! My PC can’t handle this many pets! Obvious slowdown, especially when most procs are active lol.
44 Pets is too many I guess …

Guys!

What’s the highest rune you ever got? Has anyone actually found a Zod?

Here’s the best I got so far, same as in my original D2 play.

About 7 zods, about 45 chams.

OMG! How long did it take you to get those?

Speaking of fireworks :joy:

No idea, few months I guess? When I was actively playing this before I started also modding. Haven’t played the game itself much since other than testing runs. Just quickly world bosses, hidden ubers and pandemonium ubers or zones with high density and you should be ok.

Haha, I’m yet to get to the level of being able to clear those quickly. Not using the most op builds like sorc and paladin based combos. Will get those slowly, but good to know that all high runes are possible to get.

skill reset can be done with iron bits as in grim dawn or only once from akara?

Can reset as much as you want in this mod. Changing Devotion points is free too since you don’t need the crystals in this mod.

I hope this mod is still being worked on! D2R isn’t as good as this experience can be imo. A lot of QoL in this! But I have gotten some errors in this(seen in the console), with skeletons not having the correct sound file, or it’s missing or something.

Also please get the werewolf and werebear forms in, that would help me to get a druid started. Looks too dull and immersionbreaking without. Thanks again for this mod!

1 Like

Good to hear that you are enjoying it, however this wont ever be implemented as GD doesnt allow for this.

Yes, I’m still working on it, still a few updates to come I’d guess.

QOL on this mod outrun D2R. Stamina and mana starve issues kept me away from D2R but thanks to this mod my DIABLO addiction filled up. :beers:

2 Likes

Disclaimer: I am not a game developer at all, just a “regular” developer :smiley:

I see this “issue” of shapeshifting coming up regularly, and I don’t know why this morning I had an idea (probably stupid and naïve, but oh well here it is).
The character model cannot be changed, that’s clear. But couldn’t another model, bigger, be overlaid on top of it ? Or a pet that’s always on top, mimicking every player movements ? Maybe that would be clunky and weird even if it was possible…

Could be done. This but will be just as “immersion breaking” as not transforming.

Another option, someone else made this for some other mod and then put it in his own RoT as well. But also doesnt come near the effect either, as a pet will have it’s own attack/will etc.

This is the main reason. Some things are possible, but they’ll only be a distraction because its ugly and clunky. Which is why its kept as is. While it sad you dont turn into a bear, it works.

I believe it may be possible to include werewolf/bear as an armour, but I don’t think there’s anyway to have a skill affect the character model