[Mod] Reign of Terror

tiny bug: the unique 1 handed sword “Swordguard” doesnt appear in the illusionist screen

Hello, I’m not sure, but I might have discovered a little mistake. I’m currently playing a Pala, and I cannot assign Zeal to any attack devotion. I don’t know if it’s intended or just a slip.

PS: I’m loving how this turns out. I must say, after mods in TQ, in Starcraft, this is the most well done D2 mod. Thank you for the effort you are putting in this project, we truly appreciate it.

LE: My bad. I only tried in Grimtools, in-game it’s working. Sorry.

1 Like

Hello guys! :slightly_smiling_face:
As you know me (or maybe you don’t), I am quite experienced with the mod and have been playing it for thousands of hours till now (over three times as much as I’ve played the base game per se). Based on the RoT discord chat that I’m active on (beginners, frequently asked questions, etc.), I have decided to spend the last few days planning out a loot filter for the mod! Though technically it is a rainbow filter, yes, it is different in regards to being specifically designed to distinguish items by rarity, quality and type instead. I welcome everyone to discuss possible improvements in my discord DM (raksokekw). That said, here below is a picture list of features:

Should you want to download this is a link for the loot filter with regular item texts in brown colors:
text_en.zip (111.2 KB) RoT version (0.7.6.3)

This is the link for the loot filter including rainbow filter for stats inside the item:
text_en.zip (135.9 KB) RoT version (0.7.6.3)
(Please notice the colours for stats are slightly altered compared to the default rainbow filter, as they include a larger margin of powerful stats unused by the base game, arbeit present in the mod, and those are highlighted by strong colours such as Indigo or Grayish Magenta)

Unzip and drop the folder to:
C:\Users\ … \Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Settings(folder file called text_en in here)

3 Likes

I will give it a go, thank you for the contribution! My only question is it not going in the RoT resources folder like any other filter we would use?

Hey man. Thanks,
It’s up to you. I suppose at least?(Don’t really know) Personally, I wouldn’t touch anything from the base folders of RoT, but if you want the filter to only affect RoT and not the base game you may have no choice. I would still do a backup of the files just in case though. You may want to let me know how did that turn out for you.

Update 0.7.6.3 is downloadable here:
Hotfix 0.7.6.3 ReignofTerror_0.7.6.3.7z - Google Drive This update included the previous updates. Needs version 0.7.6.0 or higher to update. Same warning still applies as listed above for 0.7.6.1. Changelog: Monsters

• Ventar The Unholy (wave 4 of Baal’s minions), fixed his curse doing an unholy mount of damage. Also applies to the version seen in Trial of the Ancients.
  • Desdemona, fixed a voice sound playing constantly on nearly every melee attack
  • Ubers, changed the loottable slightly.

Items

• Added in a missing new unique, drops exclusively from Hidden Ubers and Uber event.Warning! Classic Necromancer’s Attract curse will be removed with this update. So remove any points from it before applying this update or you’ll permanently lose those skill points.
    Changelog is inside the download file. Update 0.7.6.0 is needed to apply this update
1 Like

Good find on vengeance bug, I played for awhile including endgame and still never noticed.

In Sewers level 1 in Act 3 my minions summon on top of the walls in the narrow passageways. Or they spawn there, not sure which, when they catch up. Other places in the game are awkward but this is the one I am remembering. Didn’t really affect me much.

This is a 100% minion build with no other DPS, I have alot of them. I got a Grim Dawn achievement for summoning 18 minions at once. Now it is a bit less.

The walls were on the south side of the sewers.

@Rakso
I never used rainbow filter. Is this a standalone mod for RoT?

I’ve also played this mod way more than base GD. But most of my game time is idle at night so I have no way of measuring it. It says 16k hours, LOL.

I have adjusted the download link to 0.7.6.2 to update 0.7.6.3 and adjusted the message (included the changelog in the message). [Mod] Reign of Terror - #7166 by Fuzzydunlop

1 Like

@D2ModPlayer

Blockquote I never used rainbow filter. Is this a standalone mod for RoT?

Yes. Not only though, it will also affect the base game. One file in specific called tags_items.txt. It’s used to change item type names(legendary → unique, epic → set), item type(staff → bow). And potion colours to Aqua. Every other file of these thrown into the Documents\Settings folder affects RoT only.
Should anything get ruined between updates in your experience you just remove all the files. I will be deplying fixes within a day and update my post with a ever-raising version name or hotfix count.

Blockquote I’ve also played this mod way more than base GD. But most of my game time is idle at night so I have no way of measuring it. It says 16k hours, LOL.

I did not play as much because I’ve only learned about this mod existence a bit over two years ago when I gave it a first try. I have ~3,5k hours on it right now. I want to believe it’s enough of a sample to make an accurate rarity filter. :wink: We’ll see.

Are you open to balance suggestions? I think the Decoy ability of the amazon should have its cooldown lowered, either the base cooldown or by leveling it up, or make it last longer

EDIT: Also, why is there a Bow Runeword that has a modifier to power strike, a melee only skill?

Edit2: And why do you hate Bowzons? Some of the sets have real nerfs to Bowzon in it (why the fuck even have negative bonuses in sets to begin with?) like this: Total Damage Modified by -25% to Strafe

@Moonpaw That’s the point. It’s not melee only. if an item has modifiers to a skill you can use that item with the skill disregarding the base rule. Like you can use Execution on Executioner’s Justice for example.

I am open to balancing suggestions.

I do not. Sometimes modifiers get a damage boost one-way or another, and instead of just a straight buff, it’s a trade-off, get some somewhere, lose some elsewhere. If you’re talking about M’avina’s set bonus to strafe, I think this was an oversight, as it used to grant bonus arrows as well, and anything with bonus projectiles usually had their total damage reduced. But it’s lost the bonus projectiles, but didnt lose the damage reduction, so i’ll adjust that.

I completed all the quests at act 6, but I only have 32 devotion, how can I know which quests I missed?

You maybe miss “Halls of the Blind” on level 7, or “Gharbad the Weak” on level 4, or “Zhar the Mad” on level 8.
Here is my completed list of all quests in act 6, 99/99 devotions collected.

1 Like

Since 0.7.6.0, these is finally a progress in this mod in aspects as balancing and there are no chaotic changes here and there, just for the sake of changing something, “because I said so”. Good job.
But there are some issues as well.
First the droprates on world, mini uber, uber, mini terror and terror bosses have gone much worse, same goes for ToA. It is about 5 times as hard to farm an endgame items/BiS items.
Second, I’ve been told that Diablo The Prime Evil’s spawns are finally fixed and we will finally fight something else than azmodan and butcher. Well, in 50+ runs against Prime, he always spawns Azmodan 1st and then Butcher and then usually only butcher.
Third, it must be since the mod creation, but whirlwind is not always working. Sometimes you click on the mob/boss, but your character stays still, doing nothing, you have to let go the WW button, move and press the WW button again for it to work. I assume it must be the same with Eye of Reckoning, since they are using one and the same template, no?

The prime spawns issue is known and will definitely be fixed for the next update.
Whirlwind and Eye of Reckoning use the same template.

Same or not, the issue with whirlwind i described still exists.

And if its part of the skill template/how the game handles things, there’s nothing I can do about ot either.

it is what it is, damn, ok, I just have to bear with it, thanks

Somehow did I manage to hide/disable my mini map that sits in the top right corner. Anyone know how to bring it back?